I Love You

Finally, He Said It

 

“Look, Hyuk I just don’t want to talk anymore” Hyoyeon voiced as she escaped Hyuk’s grasp.

 

Hyuk let his hand fall from hers as he watched her back slowly disappear.

 

“Aish!” he sighed in frustration.

 

He walked off in the opposite direction confused.

 

Hyo wiped away a tear dripping down her cheek as she made her way home.

 

She threw her schoolbag down to the ground as she hopped onto her bed.

 

“Bobo! You’re always there for me!” Hyo whined as she cuddled her fluffy kitty.

 

“Why couldn’t Hyukjae be a nice boy like you?”

 

With that Hyoyeon fell asleep entering a sweet dreamland.

 

~*~

 

“Bobo!” Hyoyeon almost screamed enthusiastically.

 

The cat mused at her with big blue round eyes.

 

She smiled and grabbed him into a hug spinning around in a circle.

 

“Today’s gonna be a good day Bo!”

 

Hyo quickly completed her morning routine before she could be late.

 

She set a little pink bow into the side of her braided hair smiling as she recalled the memory with Hyuk.

 

“Here...” Hyuk muttered, “... For you.”

 

Hyo was confused “Eh?”

 

“Just take it already!” Hyuk turned away blushing.

 

A bright smile spread across Hyo’s face and her eyes grew huge as she saw the pink little bow unravel within Hyuk’s shaking palm.

 

“Hyuk!” she squealed jumping into his arms.

 

“Pabo!” Hyuk teased but eagerly pulled her into his embrace.

 

“I’m glad you like it” he smiled.

 

~*~

 

Hyo blew Bobo a kiss, “wish me a good day Bo” she smiled and waved goodbye to her kitty.

 

~Sa rang han da neun mal geu ri eo ryeom ni~ Hyo sang happily as she made her way to school.

(A/N Can anyone guess the song? ^-^)

 

“Jess, Fany!” Hyoyeon beamed greeting her two best friends who were gathered in the midst of a crowded high school hallway.

 

“Hyo!” they both happily beamed back.

 

“So you’re not late today?” they teased.

 

“Hah~ not today girls! Today’s gonna be a good one for me” Hyo said reassuringly.

 

She walked ahead to class and the two followed behind giggling.

 

Hyo gasped and suddenly turned back.

 

“What’s wrong?!” Jessica asked worried, but Fany eyed her forward to a nearing Hyukjae.

 

“Guys lets turn back” Hyoyeon tried to usher her friends in the opposite direction.

 

Jessica complied not wanting to stress her friend any further but Fany was more reluctant.

 

She didn’t want this to continue between her best friend and her boyfriend.

 

“Why are you guys fighting anyway?” Fany asked.

 

“Oh wait! Is that a kitty I see?” Fany quickly changed the subject noticing her friend close to tears.

 

Jessica passed Fany a “Did you have to ask” look.

 

“Look Hyo! It looks like Bobo!” Jessica encouraged.

 

Hyoyeon instantly smiled and her face brightened at the thought of her sweet kitty.

 

The two friends sighed in relief as the bell rang and they made it to class.

 

“Hyo, pass this to Minnie” Kyuhyun whispered giving her a crumpled piece of paper.

 

Hyo smiled at Kyu and called for Minnie in front of her passing him the note “From Kyu” she said.

 

“And Miss Kim, would you like to share that with the rest of the class?” Mr. Park asked accusingly.

 

Hyo looked at her teacher and then at Kyu pleadingly and then back at her teacher.

 

“Hmm … I’m waiting” Mr. Park retorted.

 

“It was my fault” Hyukjae stood up and confessed.

 

The class, including Hyoyeon suddenly turned their attention to Hyukjae surprised.

 

“Huh?! So there was more than one involved” Mr. Park remarks authoritatively.

 

“Fine! Then both of you will stay after class to clean up”

 

Hyuk sits back down and Hyo looks over to Jessica with big round eyes.

 

“I can’t” Jessica whispers, “Im meeting someone after class”

 

Hyo looks over to Fany.

 

“I cant either” Fany mouthes, “I have practice after class.”

 

Hyo pouts, looks down and fiddles with her fingers in her lap.

 

After class she slowly makes her way to the chalkboard and begins to erase the day’s lesson.

 

Hyuk watches from behind and finally musters up the courage to begin, “Hyo .. “ he tries but stops when the box of chalk falls from beneath Hyoyeon.

 

She quickly bends down to grab the box making the loudest noise she could to faze Hyuk out.

 

When she feels it safe enough she rises up and returns to wiping the chalkboard.

 

“Hyo …” Hyuk tries again.

 

“ I d-don’t” Hyo voices inaudibly.

 

Her knees begin to shake and she wonders why she is unable to voice herself.

A tear escapes before she completely runs off.

 

“Hyo!” Hyuk yells after her.

 

He decides to complete all the classroom chores by himself so that they wouldn’t get into any more trouble.

 

Afterwards Hyuk grabs his schoolbag, throws it over his shoulder and runs out.

 

He searches the school’s grounds before running to the nearest department store in hopes of finding Hyoyeon.

 

When he doesn’t find her there he jogs over to the elementary school that he knew Hyo volunteered at whenever she was free.

 

With no luck, Hyuk stops at the swings and recalls the memory with Hyo.

 

He gets on and swings himself reminiscing longingly.

 

“HYUKKIE!! Too high~” Hyo yelps as the blood rushes throughout her body as she is pushed to the sky and back down.

 

Hyuk pushes her even further laughing hard as Hyo comes back down kicking her legs furiously trying to get him to stop.

 

“Hyukkie! Im gonna fall!” Hyo whines as a tear escapes.

 

“Oh no! don’t cry sweety” Hyukkie coos in response.

 

He quickly grabs the chains of the swing set pulling them to a halt and steadies Hyoyeon.

 

He swiftly positions himself in front of her and gently raises his hands cupping her face.

 

With his thumbs, Hyuk brushes the tear away and pecks Hyo’s cheek.

 

“Im sorry sweety, please don’t cry”

 

Hyo’s face instantly heats up and flushes bright red.

 

Hyuk chuckles and pulls her into a hug. “All better?” he teases.

 

“Yah!” Hyo fires back.

 

“Calm down, calm down, why don’t we go get some frozen yogurt?” Hyuk takes a hold of Hyo’s hand and intertwines their fingers.

 

“Mm!” Hyo smiles brightly.

 

~*~

 

“So today wasn’t as great as I thought it was gonna be”

 

Bobo nods his head as if understanding Hyo.

 

“Aish, I wonder how long this is gonna last” Hyo thinks aloud.

 

Nya~ Bobo creeps up to her side and snuggles himself against Hyo’s lap in a comforting manner.

 

Hyoyeon giggles and wraps her arms around her big fluffy kitty pulling him into a hug and kissing his little nose.

 

With that, they fall asleep together cuddling against the soft warm pillows sprouting around Hyo’s pink colored bed.

 

~*~

 

“Yah, Hyung why is Hyo so mad at me” Hyuk questions his elder.

 

“Hmm … maybe because every time you’re in front of us you suddenly shun her” Teukie hyung responds.

 

“Eh? No I don’t!” Hyuk said.

 

“Yes you do!” Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Yesung, Sindong, and Kangin retorted.

 

“See?” Teuk reassured referring to their friends.

 

Hyuk sighed and looked down.

 

“Ne~ Hyukkie I have an idea” Donghae appeared from the corner of the room and shared his thoughts.

 

~*~

 

It was now the end of class and Jessica and Fany were urging Hyoyeon to follow them.

 

“Look guys I’m just not feeling up to it today. I’m really tired, I wanna go home and rest already”

 

“Nope can’t do!” Fany replied

 

“Guys!” Hyoyeon pleaded.

 

Jessica looked away feeling a slight bit guilty.

 

“Guys at least tell me where we’re going”

 

Jessica and Tiffany shared a look recalling what happened earlier.

 

“Jessica I need you to bring Hyoyeon to the park after school” said Donghae

 

“Eh? But why?” Jessica asked confused.

 

“Well it was Donghae’s idea but ..” Ryeowook started

 

“But we need to get Hyoyeon and Hyukjae together so” Yesung continued

 

“So that Hyuk can profess his” Kyuhyun cut YeYe off

 

“Profess his love to Hyoyeon!” Minnie whined excitedly.

 

“In front of everyone” Teukie-hyung smiled followed with Kangin and Shindong.

 

“Waah! Great plan” Jessica replied excitedly and smiling huge.

 

“So has Hyuk finally decided on what he wants” Fany replied slightly untrusting.

 

“Don’t worry Fany, I assure you” Donghae flashed a smile her way.

 

“Waaah~ Im so excited” Jessica jumped up and down and they all giggled at her anticipating the evening to come.

 

~*~

 

“Guys why are we at the park?” Hyoyeon asked her friends still confused.

 

She noticed the group of boys ahead of them and immediately turned around and headed off.

 

“Oh no you don’t!” Fany claimed and pulled her forward.

 

“Guys…” Hyoyeon edged forward nervously.

 

Jessica patted her arm comfortingly.

 

Hyoyeon bowed a little as they neared the group of guys.

 

She was hoping not to see Hyuk and sighed in relief when she didn’t see any sight of him.

 

Something in the back of her heart couldn’t help but feel disappointed though.

 

She yearned for his reassuring smile, his sweet gestures.

 

Even if he was a klutz and couldn’t figure her out she still loved him and missed him.

 

Everyone knew just by looking at her. 

 

Donghae quickly motioned to Hyukkie who was waiting a few feet behind veiling himself within the bushes and trees.

 

Hyuk smoothly walked out in his black skinny jeans, fresh sneakers, black leather jacket and shiny belt just barely popping out.

 

Hyoyeon jumped a little unsure of how to react.

 

He got down on one knee in front of her and held out his hand.

 

In it, he held a little box. He opened the box to reveal a gold ring with a small heart shaped pendant.

 

“Will you officially be my girlfriend, Hyoyeon?” Hyuk asked in front of everyone.

 

His face flushed bright red and suddenly he felt so nervous and vulnerable.

 

He had never realized it before but now he finally knew.

 

He really was shy when it came to PDA.

 

Only within the confinement of himself and his crush did he feel safe enough to express himself.

 

Now he felt like the worst boyfriend ever.

 

The worst boyfriend, for treating his love this way for so long, and not even realizing it.

 

Hyuk began to feel hot and started shaking.

 

He noticed Hyo release a tear and immediately he wanted to rise and pull her into a warm embrace, but Hyuk was frozen.

 

Overwhelmed with his own insecurity, he wasn’t sure how Hyoyeon would answer him.

 

“Hyukkie …” Hyoyeon began. She hiccupped in between her sobs as she continued.

 

“Hyukkie, I love you so much” Hyoyeon managed and a smile marked her face as she leapt into Hyuk’s arms.

 

Hyuk froze if only for a second more before pulling her into a needy hug.

 

For those few seconds of unsure eternity, Hyukkie now felt the whole world crumble beneath him as he felt empowered as ever.

 

Here, in front of everyone he professed his feelings to the one he truly loved.

 

“Hyo” he whispered pulling back and cupping Hyoyeon’s face.

 

Suddenly their friends busted out with popping sounds throwing confetti all over the place.

 

Hyukkie and Hyo giggled happily as Hyuk gently pressed his lips to hers.

 

Their lips molded together as Hyuk conveyed all his hidden emotions within that one kiss.

 

“I love you, Kim Hyoyeon”

 

 

A/N

Just so you guys know, im a hardcore eunhae shipper but I was inspired by Yuya Matsua’s Koe ni Naranakute to write this cute little oneshot.

So go check out that MV if you’re interested

Hope this story made you smile, or brightened your day a little ^_^

Thanks for reading guys <3<3<3