Rumor Has It

Sibling Complex

 

Once my brother turned eighteen this year, my parents had gone to leave us on our own. No, it is not like what you are thinking. They are pretty much alive and healthy somewhere in this world.

After his birthday, they had left us a note:

 

Dear Jaejoong,

You are old enough to support yourself and your sister. So, do take care of yourself and Seohyun well.

Love,

Mom and Dad

 

I am still unsure and absolutely cannot comprehend what have gone through my parents mind to delude such a drastic decision. Do they think their eldest son is capable enough to sustain our living necessities?

Because quite frankly, I do not think he is and plus, he is not the type to lift up a finger to do anything.

Even as time goes by, I am not sure who’s taking care of whom…since I practically conquered the household chores and if anyone asking me what is he doing, I’ll answer he does absolutely nothing.

In addition, my parents also did not leave any money behind. I repeat, THEY DID NOT STACK CASH ANYWHERE IN THE NOTE. Trust me, I checked twice.

So, my brother and I conclude one thing…the fact that we are supposed to make our own incomes to stay alive.

Wow… mom and dad, I never knew you were that advance, isn’t it too early?

Why so soon?

And from that point of my life I had become a maid…an easily-agitated and frustrated maid. If my brother interrupts me when I am in the middle of doing some chores, I would just stared at him with my bloodshot eyes and he will shushed. Like now, I am busy preparing breakfast, beating the eggs to make omelets and suddenly he popped out of nowhere.

“Yah, Hyun can you find my…” prolong bloodshot stares “…never mind, I’ll find it myself.” Yup it still does the magic.

Serving omelets, kimchi stew, two bowls of rice and a few other side dishes; the breakfast is ready.

“Oppa, eat!”I hollered and placed myself on a chair. He came with his uniform on, looking dashing as usual that always made me wonder…why does only my bro had all the good genes? Even as he eats, it looks like as if he was filming a cf.

***

Walking to school with my bro everyday is such a burden because any girl who spotted us (which did not know about the fact that I am his sister) would automatically think I’m their biggest rival or a witch to steal someone as hot as my brother. They will give me this crazy wild stares or squinted their eyes to think what I have that they don’t, which is none.

As we arrived at school, all eyes will be on us…err okay scratched that, on my brother. Who would stare at a nobody with four eyes? But nevertheless, they are still checking us out or that is what I like to think because we are notified as the ‘it’ siblings in our school. Being one of the smarty pants who topped school rankings has it good points too, you know? Suddenly I had an urged to flip my hair. LOL.

Although, we are not the only one who is considered as the popular siblings in this school. There are way more famous siblings; such as the Oh twins who are known for landing commercials and photo shoot anywhere they go. Next, we have the Jung sisters that are called royal for a reason. It’s been said the two sis is related to the royal family! And last but not least, the always bickering twin tower, the Shim brothers.

Oh look-y! Speaking of the hotties, the giant Shim brothers are right in front of us. I know one of them is the same class as my bro, but too bad my bro is just not in their social circle. As we passed them I tried to eavesdrop what they’re conversing about. Aha, they are arguing about which brand of bb cream is the best…Hmm, seems like they are taking interest on cosmetics way more than I’ll ever be.

My bro and I finally parted our ways to our respective classes. He’s class located two levels up than mine since I am freshmen. Stepping into my class -which have been blessed with Krystal presence as my classmate- I was greeted with a full-grinned Nicole with her waving gleefully. I also waved her back and hurriedly went to plop on my seat next to hers.

“Okay, spill it.” I said demandingly. I just knew if Nicole’s being too happy means she had found out the newest gossip in town.

“Oh girl, would you just wait up? And wow I didn’t know you’re dying to know I’ve got a new hand phone yesterday.”Nicole teased while flashing her newest branded surely expensive hand phone. She’s definitely boiling my patience tolerance.

“Yeah, congrats…so what’s new?” I asked her with my arms crossed. Totally not taking heed of her latest phone which she will get fed-up eventually and begs her parents for new one.

“My handphone…?” I glared at her for a second and fortunately she continued “and the Queencar Jessica is throwing a humongous birthday bash for her eighteenth birthday...”

I shook my head. I knew for a fact that the reigning popular Queen Bee will have the largest party ever, since she’s turning legal this year, like duh…

“Tell me what I don’t know.” Resting my chins on my palm, I inquired her dully.

“Your brother will have a 100% chance to be invited by yours truly.” Nicole has just said it…

“What?!” I exclaimed, I can feel my mind exploding searching for any possible way to take in her statement.

“Aigoo, keep it down, Seohyun.” Nicole calmed me down with a pat or shall I say slaps on my cheeks.

“No effin way, my bro? Where did you get this unreliable source?” still not believing her, I frowned while questioning her on and on.

“Seo, you gotta believe me. Your bro is super popular ever since he became a senior…like bam!” She explained, tapping the table hard with both of her hands indicating my bro instant popularity.

“That I do know but why would Jessica invite him? She doesn’t even know him.” Slamming my hands on the desk, I rubbed my temple.

Nicole leans closer to me and whispered excitingly, “Rumor has it; the queencar has fallen for your brother.”

“WHAT IN THE WORLD DID I JUST HEAR?!” it feels like Nicole just dropped a bombshell on me. I can’t stop hanging my mouth.

“Shush! It’s no longer secret. The Queen always had been wandering about the basketball court recently.” She cupped my mouth then scooted back on her seat and giggled, raising her eyebrows too.

“So what? I bet she came for her so called ex anyway. Isn’t her ex in the basketball team?” I lashed back because I swear there is this rumor that last year Jessica had dated someone and everyone pointed out it was someone younger and from the basketball team.

“Wait let me finish. And...she approached your bro and gave him a towel with an energy drink.” Nicole showed her famous dimples with her enchanting smile, clasped her hands and winked.

“Whoa, way to flirt…why I never knew this?”I covered my mouth which still remain unclose.

“Apparently you’re busy ranting about how your bro never lift a finger to help you with house chores and how he commands you to wash his underwear.” Nicole rings of laughter echoed and I shamefully looked down.

Yeah I know.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting <3 hope you enjoy this~ sorry it took awhile orz