What the fishy said

Frustration

Eunhyuk lingered in the practice room, making busy with his water bottles and gear and sweaty clothing. He was always last, though certainly never this slow, so he didn’t think he would attract that much attention. One by one, the other members of Super Junior filed out.

 

One of them was lingering at the door. He could tell, more like sense, and so decided to put on a show. He loved that about them, that after all these years, they could feel when the other was in the room. It made knowing when a meeting like this was going to happen a little easier. Smiling to himself, Eunhyuk slowed his pace even further, seeing if the other would take the bait. Feeling was the first step, and then the games began.

 

He decided to roll his shoulders first, luxuriously. They were brown and freckled now, after many hours spent under the Korean sun. Traditionally pale skin was considered more beautiful, innocent, but right now Eunhyuk preferred his dark shoulders.

 

Swaying side to side a little in thought, he adjusted his beanie, which he wore whenever he defelt like it, even if it made him extra sweaty, and fixed his bangs.  His hair was died a reddish brown now which he liked. It made him feel like…he smiled at how silly he was being.

 

Lastly, he adjusted the band of his black and white sweatpants on his hips, rolling the brim just so. Eunhyuk thought the most ual part of a man’s body had nothing to do with ia. For him, as a dancer and  a man, it was all in the hips. His hips, particularly were sharp and slim, and as his band members liked to inform, tend to do whatever it pleased during their dances.

 

Footsteps sounded on the squeaky surface of the waxed dance floor. Eunhyuk kneeled quickly to tie his shoe, almost overbalancing, before positioning himself. Finally someone cleared their throat.

 

“Stop being so dramatic,” said Kyuhyun harshly. “You know we don’t have much time”. He reached down to yank Eunhyuk up by his collar. Eunhyuk only smiled

 

“You’re always so rough with me,” he pouted. Kyuhyun looked like he wanted to smack him, but his eyes were burning too. His mouth twitched in a smile, but Eunhyuk knew he was still fighting the urge to smack him. Unconcerned, he picked up his backpack from where he had left it on the floor and swung it over a shoulder, subconsciously striking a pose under the fluorescent lights.

 

This was their game, their petty little drama. Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk moved in a little closer, squaring themselves like pieces on a chess board. Kyuhun looked at him intently, eyes lingering on his hair, cap, chin, and then collar bone.  Finally he placed an unusually gentle kiss on his nose. “What are we going to do about the fish?” he spoke lowly, nuzzling Eunhyuk’s nose.  Eunhyuk’s hands trembled at his side.

 

“Stop, I think my brain is melting,” Eunhyuk whined. Kyuhyun placed his hands on Eunhyuk’s hips, waiting for a response.

 

“The car will leave in a few minutes,” Eunhyuk sighed finally, for the millionth time. His sigh blew in and around Kyuhyun’s face, making his eyes water a bit. 

 

“You have to stop this. Or, someone’s going to devour that fishy, whole.” said Kyuhyun.

 

“Fishy will be fine.”

 

“He knows.”

 

“So? I said it’s fine.” Eunhyuk hated told being what to do. “Soon,” he conceded. Brown eyes met light grey ones. Eunhyuk looked away first.

 

A brown head stuck itself in by the door. “Hey, Anchovy, youngest, aren’t you coming?” If  he noticed the complete lack of distance between the two men, the newcomer's perpetually smiling face didn’t show it. He looked at Eunhyuk, waiting. “Hyukkiieee, hurry up!” he called.

 

Maybe he assumed that Kyuhun, poor uncoordinated Kyuhyun, was being shown a dance step? They had said so themselves more than once before. Kyuhyun scoffed, and stepped away. In step, he and Hyukjae left the room as Donghae turned out the lights.