Uri Sarang Bit (Our Love Light)

Uri Sarang Bit (One-Shot)

Uri Sarang Bit (Our Love Light)

He felt her stirring from her sleep beside him. Her movements continued for a while longer before stopping. He stirred as well, changing his sleep position, facing her side of the bed. His hand automatically tried grasping her body but to no avail. He slowly opened an eyelid, yawning at the same time. She wasn't there. His heart leapt for a moment as he immediately sat up straight on their bed, looking left and right. He was definitely awake now. 'Where is she?' His heart kept asking.

Slowly he descended from their bed and walked over to the toilet, searching thoroughly but she wasn't there. He walked out of their room, walking towards the nursery. Looking inside, he saw a very beautiful picture, which made him smile contently. There she was, sitting on the rocking chair, singing sweetly to the bundle in her arms. She did not notice his arrival, his wife holding his newborn baby girl.

Jung Yonghwa couldn't help but to just stand there and enjoy the perfect view. He could not ask for anything more than that. He was thankful. Deeply. This was the best gift God had given him. She was perfect. Yes, she, who else if not Seo Joohyun, but now known as Jung Joohyun, his lovely and beautiful wife. From a virtual married wife to being a reality married wife. He was one lucky man!

Adding to the sweet marriage, the arrival of a child was the most awaited event for both him and Seohyun. After having married for about two years, both him and his wife agreed to start a family. He could still remember that night when Seohyun suddenly suggested the idea of having a child. He couldn't believe it at first, but after looking deep into his wife's eyes, which sparkled innocence, she was indeed serious. The feeling he felt at that moment was just undescribable. He was always ready for a child, ready to become a father. But he was afraid Seohyun was not ready to be tied down with a child at that moment. But that night just changed everything. She was ready, he was ready. And finally, nine months later, there was the little Seohyun he had been waiting for. His own Jung Hana.

Yonghwa leaned against the door frame smiling lazily as he listened to Seohyun singing to their little Hana. A classic children's song which was really familiar to Yonghwa's ears.

"Hm... I think that song is a little boring don't you think?" Yonghwa heard Seohyun saying. Her face full of excitement as she continued talking to Hana as if her little girl could understand whatever she was saying. "Omma is going to sing to you my favourite song. The song which made me think about your appa everytime."

Yonghwa perked up to listen to which song she was referring to. And of course his heart melted upon hearing the song Love Light again. His song for his Seohyun.

The lyrics and the melody seemed to fit nicely once again for his little Hana. 'My two lovely princesses can share the same song.' Yonghwa grinned.

Finally Seohyun had managed to put Hana to sleep. She walked over to the baby cot to put her daughter down. She lingered a while longer at the side of the cot to watch her baby sleep.

Yonghwa took the opportunity to let his presence be known to Seohyun. He walked towards his wife and swiftly slid his arms around her waist. Seohyun's petite figure stiffened for a moment before relaxing into his arms.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" Seohyun asked, her eyes never leaving Hana.

"Hm? No, not really." Yonghwa said as he buried his face into Seohyun's dark locks, enjoying her scent of apple and strawberries.

"Then I did wake you up?"

"Hm, you singing Love Light woke me up." Yonghwa said, grinning.

"Aish! Sinchia!" Seohyun elbowed her husband lightly, whereas Yonghwa just kept chuckling against her hair.

"Hana woke you up?" Yonghwa asked as he tightened his hold on Seohyun.

"Ne. She cried earlier. Didn't you hear?"

Yonghwa shook his head. "But I did wake up when you're not beside me. Then I found you here, singing Love Light. It reminded me of that night at the lake."

"Hm, I remember it too." Seohyun smiled.

"Now she's our love light." Yonghwa pointed to Hana in the cot, who was sleeping soundly. "Uri sarang bit."

"Yes. Uri sarang bit."

Yonghwa and Seohyun fell silent. Both of them enjoying the quietness of the night, in each other's warm embrace. Both watching their little Hana sleeping peacefully.

"Komawo Hyun-ah." Yonghwa said after a while, resting his head on Seohyun's shoulder.

"For?"

"For marrying me, becoming my wife, trusting me to be your husband and becoming the mother to my beautiful daughter."

"Thank you to you too for becoming the best father for our Hana. And of course the best husband for me. I love you." Seohyun said, as she turned her body to face him. Her eyes searched for his. She smiled.

"Saranghae Hyun-ah. I can't imagine myself without you." Yonghwa rested his forehead on top of hers. "You complete me."

"You complete me too. Hana completes us."

"Yes, Hana completes us." Yonghwa whispered before leaning in to kiss Seohyun passionately.

The kiss was short but sweet. Seohyun could not help but continued smiling. "Yo~ng!" Seohyun teased.

Yonghwa grinned. It was the nickname she created for him during their virtual marriage lives. "Hy~un!"

"I miss you calling me that." Seohyun whined.

"And I miss you calling me that!" Yonghwa said, giving a quick peck on her lips. "Hm, I think we should get back to sleep soon. If not, Hana's going to wake up soon with us hovering around her."

"Hm, yeah, let's go. I'm tired." Seohyun said, turning around to look at her baby girl one more time. She leaned forward into the cot and gave a soft kiss on top of Hana's head. "Good night my darling."

Yonghwa did the same, but his kiss lingered a little longer on Hana, until Seohyun had to pull him out of the room with her. "Wae? I hadn't had enough of kissing our baby." Yonghwa argued.

"You're going to wake her up you know. Let her sleep will you." Seohyun glared at him, still pulling onto his hand.

"Ahrasso. I'll let her sleep."

Yonghwa turned off the lights and walked out of the nursery, hand in hand with Seohyun.

"Good night, uri sarang bit..." Yonghwa whispered into the night.


 ******

Dearest readers, hope you enjoyed reading this short piece...

Thank you very much for reading!:)