Photograph

Lost Photograph

 

 

 

He spent his day in front of his computer, busy searching for something that seemed so important for him.  He uttered words of disappointments aloud that made the boys confused.

 

“Sheez.  I can’t find it! I can’t! Bish!” He shouted.

 

“Hyung, what keeps you busy?  You’ve been there since this morning.  What are you looking for?”  Dae asked him with wonders.

 

“Yeah. Is that your you’re trying to recover back?” TOP said that cracked them up. “I told you several times to keep it well.” He added.

 

“Naaaa, how can you be that childish?  Can’t you see I’m busy here?” Jiyong responded.  

 

“Hyung? Why so serious?” Ri shouted, trying to copy Ji’s way of saying it.

 

“Shut up you all! I don’t have time for your jokes.”  He shouted. 

 

What he said caused nothing but silence.  The boys shut their mouths trying to hide their smiles.  At the same time, it caused them curiosity.  They know how lazy Ji is when it comes to online world.  They never have seen him staying in front of the computer for the whole day.  He maybe goes online just to check updates and to tweets about random things.  What they know keeps him busy is his skateboard.  The skateboard is his toy and his best friend.  He loves it more than he loves them.

 

“Where that thing is?  I just put it here I know. Sheez.” Dara whispered while opening everything in his room making it messy.  Her boxes were all open.  Her closets doors too causing everyone see her stuffs inside.  Even her table is in mess.  Her bed and pillows were casted everywhere. The stuff toys that are piled are now in curve line. 

 

“Dara?  Are you not hungry?  You’ve been there since this morning.  Come out here and eat.” Bom shouted while knocking the door of her room.  “Can I come in there?  I’m now worrying.”  She added trying to open the door.

“Neh, the door’s not locked.  Come in here.” Dara shouted back.

“OMO! What happened to your room?” Bom shouted that caught CL’s and Minzy’s attention that were busy with their online sites.  The two followed Bom, trying to check what’s with Dara.

“What’s with you? Are you crazy for making your room in mess?” CL asked D, trying to fix some stuffs.

 

The three looked at her.  They were all puzzled what’s happening.  They Dara well, she hates bein in a messy place.  She wants everything to be on their proper places.  And she loves going out with them.  She doesn’t want to stay even for hours inside her room without them.  She is afraid to be left alone.  But seeing what’s with Dara and her messy room caused them to be curious and they didn’t know why.

 

----------

In the middle of the night, everything was silent.  Everyone was already asleep except from Jiyong.  He was staring at the ceiling of his room.  Darkness was not a hindrance not to see his face.  He looked frustrated; exhausted; confused.  It seemed that he was thinking of something.  The happy him didn’t exist the whole day. He stood up from his bed and got something under his pillow.  It was a piece of paper.  He held it and looked at it, examining every angle of that thing.  He put his phone out of his drawer, put his headphone on not trying to let go what was on his hand—not letting go of the photograph.

 

An old photograph he was keeping for days now.  He wondered who the girl in the photograph is.  Her hair is quite long and curly.  She got a sweet smile.  Those white teeth out causing her eyes to look smaller than they are.  She is pretty indeed. 

 

She was the reason why he was in front of the computer the whole day.  He was trying to look for her online, to at least know her name.  But she’s a stranger for him and the photograph he has was the only thing he can hold on to.

 

“I know it’s hard to find you, but everything is possible.  If you are destined for me, God will find a way.” He uttered and closed his eyes to sleep with the hopes that he’ll find her the next day.

 

“Why are you still awake?  What’s wrong Dara?” asked Bom upon seeing her sitting on the chair near the dining table.  “It’s too late, go and get some rest.  You still have a lot of things to do tomorrow.  Remember it’s your first day in college?” she added.

 

“I can’t sleep.  Something is bothering me.”  She said the pouted her lips.  “But you are right; I should sleep now and be early tomorrow.  I still don’t know the rooms’ locations yet. Good bam chingu!“ She added and headed herself to her room.

 

---------

 

Dara was on her way to school, walking alone since her dormitory is just a walking distance from the school.  She was still sleepy and she got panda eyes that made her annoyed.  She wasn’t in the mood to smile but she still looked pretty. 

 

“Where that room is?  I would be late for class already.  Why it is hard to look for my rooms?  What kind of school is this?” She uttered to herself for not finding her classroom.  She was lost. 

 

“Hey miss?  What are you looking for her?”  said the voice from her back.  “Are an art student?”  He added. But she remained normal, acting that everything s alright.  She didn’t want to be ashamed of herself for going to the wrong place if ever.

 

“Maybe you went to the wrong building.  This building is for the photography class. “, the voice added.  “Arts building is at the right side, there!” the guy said pointing a finger to the place.

 

Dara turned and faced him.  She wanted to be annoyed with him but she remained silent and thought of a way to escape this shame.

 

“Oh! Thanks… thanks but I am not lost.” She excused.  “I just want to surprise my boyfriend, I want to see him.” she added with her lies. “Thanks to the instructions anyway.” She said and walked away.  She left the guy speechless.

 

“She looks familiar.  I think I’ve seen her before.” He was about to walk after her, tried to confirm if he’s right but he’s too late.  She already has disappeared in his sight.  He hurried himself to the classroom and put the photograph out.  To his amusement, the girl he just saw and the girl in the photograph is the same girl. 

But how he will be able to find her again?  He didn’t even ask for her name.

 

 

 “This is embarrassing! I can’t believe I lied.  Me?  For having a boyfriend is the most embarrassing excuse I ever made.”  Dara told to herself while walking away.  She was in big steps to escape the area as fast as he can.  She was very ashamed of what just happened to her. 

 

But the guy’s faced marked her.  She can’t believe there still a guy like him.  He really is nice for approaching her, not like other guys out there who will just laugh at you and will call you stupid for going to a wrong place.  She can’t take off her mind his eyes.  Those sparkling eyes that can make her heart to skip a beat.  But she didn’t know why.  She just can’t take him off her mind.

 

----------

 

“Hey, miss.”, called the someone.  When she looked to her side way to check who was calling him, she got surprise.  It was the guy who approached her on the first day of the classes. She tried to look with poker face, trying to act that she didn’t hear him but it’s too late.  He was standing in front of him already.  He was smiling like they know each other.  It made him cuter.

 

“Hey? How’s your boyfriend?” he asked her. He was trying to be casual while the fact is that he’s shaking, shaking because of nervousness.  “Oh, Jiyong by the way.” He lent his hand trying to make a handshake with her but Dara didn’t mind.  She looked pissed.

 

“I’m sorry for acting feeling close her, but I just want to ask for your name.” he said trying to make her say a single word.

 

“Why will I talk o a stranger like you?  I can’t just tell you my name.  what if… what if you are a stalker? Or a killer?” she exaggerated.

 

Jiyong chuckled.  He can’t believe she’s thinking that way. But I made him to find her more interesting.  A girl like her is one of a kind.  She’s a straight-forward one even if she really has an angelic face.  It made him to like her more.

 

“Of course you have to talk to me.  I am not a stalker nor a killer.” He defended.  “I am your lover.”

LOVER?

This word got stuck on her mind.  She didn’t know how to respond.  She didn’t know if she’ll be mad or she’ll be happy over his delusional mind.

 

“What are you talking about?  Are you high?  Are you crazy?  I suggest you not to pursue photography and take psychology instead.”  She said and laughed.  She found him funny yet she wants to believe his lie.  She was looking at him still, trying to get the answers from his expression.

 

“I am saying the truth.  You have to believe that I am your lover.  Can’t you remember?” he said.  He looked so sincere and serious.  It made Dara to wonder.

 

Jiyong put the photograph out of his wallet.  He handed it to her.  He was hoping that she’ll remember everything upon seeing it.  He looked at her.  He noticed the sudden change in her expression.  Her eyes got teary.  She was about to shred tears.

 

“G Dragon? Is that you? How come you have it?  Where did you get this?” she asked him, trying to wipe away her tears. 

 

He looked at her.  He was happy that she remembered him; that his first love he was keeping for years in now in front of him, trying to remember everything.

 

“Yes.  Dara, it’s me G Dragon.  Jiyong Kwon is my real name.  You maybe have forgotten it already since we were still young when your family planned to move.  During my junior year, I’ve decided to use my real name, not because I don’t want to remember you anymore but because I don’t want other people to call me by that name but because I only want to hear that name from you.”  He explained.

 

“How come you got this photography?  I’ve been looking for it for so long. It’s the only thing I have that reminds me of you.  When I lost it, I lost the hopes of finding you again.  I lost the hope of being with the man I love again.”  She said letting the tears to fall down.  Jiyong wiped her tears away as he hugged her tight. 

 

“Stop crying Dara, you don’t have to be afraid of losing me again.  Can’t you see, if you didn’t lose this photograph, I will not be able to find you anymore.  It’s just the photograph you have lost.  You didn’t lose me though.  I’m thankful that you’re here in my arms again.  I love you very much babe.” Jiyong whispered to her ear.  He was trying to comfort her with his word; trying to comfort her with his love.

 

“Thanks to that lost photograph, I’m in your arms again.  I love you too babe.” Dara said as she sniffed herself more to feel the warmth her first love has.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There.  A boring story again. ^^

Thanks for reading, comments are allowed.

We all have our freedom of speech and expression.

Side comments will be accepted derarly.

HENGSHO~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To you, I really don't know what's happening.  

I miss you now.-___-

I hope one day, you'll talk to me again.