Goodbye

Sound of Rain

If my life ended right now, heaven or hell, it doesn't matter, at least I don't have to run away from anything that haunts my very existence. The rain drenched the world with its sorrow, my tears fading into the million droplets of misery. I looked up at the sky, half-seeing, water reflecting tiny round blurs of the moon. A flash of lightning crackled through the heavy clouds. Hmmm...Death by lightning.

Could kill instantly, or may cause a slow and painful end while the phenomenon burns through my pale flesh. Karma, suffering for hurting my love. I continued walking. BOOM!

Scared, I wanted to scream. I wanted to make a noise as loud as the thunder. But I didn't. I ran wildly. I needed his love and his protection. My emotions carried me fast with the wind. I got closer and closer to where my subconscious lead me. The loud stammering of the night sky paused, I only heard his melody.

On a rainy day, I fell for you
We used to love each other so much
It didn’t seem like we had to do this
So my heart hurts so much

Now you remain as a broken fragment that’s deeply engraved inside
You pull me in
I think I lied when I said I could live without you
I throw away my feelings but I still miss you as I fall asleep
But on this a rainy night, I cannot fall asleep


His voice with the Sound Of Rain. His voice. Heaven. My insides warmed, have I found him? I thought he was lost forever. Straight ahead, I found myself searching for the missing fragment of my heart and there he was. His upper body framed by the window of his own house; he looked up at the sky, just the way I did. 'Guess my heart knows where to go.' But instead of running my way to him and feel his loving embrace, I hid underneath the darkness of the night, gazing half a mile away. But I must listen to my mind.

Our love burned at a night like this. Cold, windy, and damp. 'Do you remember?' A smile threatened to plaster on my lips as I reminisce the moments he had confessed his love. The kisses that was passionately exchange. The heat that engulfed our bodies despite the cold weather.

It was enough to make me blush. But, I must not. Tonight must be the last time I see you. 'Listen to your mind.'

Knowing that he won't hear, I still whispered, "Even though, I can't live without you, I can't let a person, as precious as you are, love a girl stripped off her dignity and innocence by an unknown man. Our love won't feel right if we continued." I will convince myself with these words. 'Listen to your mind'

"I left you under the rain, knowing that you're grief would erase our memories together as you grow to hate the girl that left you for no reason." Tears distinguished by its warmth, flowed down my face. 'I must do what is right. I must listen to my mind'

"I will always love you," I whimpered, "Daehyun."

I turned around, heading back to wherever I came from, or where I wanted my life to end. But before I was completely gone, his voice rung in my ears, slowly fading away into the background, the Sound Of Rain.

Is this sound of the rain, your voice?
Is this a sound that calls to me? Am I the only one thinking of you?
Will this rain comfort me?
Do you know how I feel? I keep thinking of you

Dear sky, please help me
Please stop this rain
So that I can forget her, oh no

Is this sound of the rain, your voice?
Is this a sound that calls to me? Am I the only one thinking of you?
Will this rain comfort me?
Do you know how I feel? I keep thinking of you

 

 

 


AUTHOR: Short one shot... Daehyun below... Please tell me what you think about the story? Is it too boring?