The Reassuring Text

It Never Ends

 

幽玄 The Resassurring  Text

 

 little did she know 
 

 

“I don’t understand” a monotonous whisper echoed through the bedroom. Luhan glanced up at you, “Understand what?” you frowned, “Why is Kris acting so…odd? I just don't understand, he would usually text me by now.” Luhan frowned, ‘I wish I could tell you why…’

 

“Maybe he’s trying to give you some space perhaps?” Luhan tried to reassure the worried girl. He knew that, deep down, behind her strong voice, she was scared. The girl could only be more negative, “Then explain Krystal. We haven’t had a normal conversation in  like ages!”  

Luhan quieted down, “I don’t know what to say about that, you.”

 

“I thought so…”  you mumbled before sighing, “You have to drop me off at the orphanage soon.”

Luhan pouted, “But I want my best friend right next to me.”

you giggled at his attempt to changed the touchy subject. “But Luhan, I’m an underage orphan. Unless you’d adopt me, I can’t stay.”

 

“Ha, maybe one day.”


you glanced up at ceiling. The orphanage lacked in brightness nor did it have much color. Everything seemed sad. Usually it was her that brightened the place up by placing flowers by the window or turning on happy music but now she just wanted to curl up into a ball and hide. Worry and sadness pricked at her heart. Suspicion poked her mind but she pushed it away, refusing to think that her beloved Kris would even dare to cheat.

‘Should I text him first or would that make me look too desperate?’ you thought. The last thing she wanted was to appear clingy to Kris. But then again, what else does she really have to lose? She doesn’t even have a family.

 

To: Kris <3

From: you

 

Hey babe

 

you quickly placed her phone back on the nightstand. She was nervously trembling; usually Luhan was always there to comfort her. Minutes lengthened into an hour, and a single hour lengthened into 2 hours. you sighed with disappointment. Kris usually responded his texts instantly, 10 minutes being the longest.

Sighing with longing, she got up from her bed and decided to make a late night snack and watch some TV. She strolled to the kitchen and pulled out a pot, filling it with boiling water. She opened a cabinet, pulled out a pack of spicy ramen and started cooking. She poured the ramen into a bowl, placed it on a tray and carried to the TV, where she started watching a horror movie.

 

~2 hours passed by~

you rubbed her eyes sleepily. She switched off the TV and went back to her bedroom right when her phone rung and vibrated. Eagerly bolting to the navy blue nightstand, she scooped up her phone and looked at the screen. A grin stretched along her face.

 

From: Kris <3

To: you

 

Hi princess :) sorry for the late reply I was doing homework. What's up?

 

you let out a joyous giggle and plopped on her bed. That night was perfect, the two spent the whole night texting. you let out a relieved smile as all her worries washed away. Kris loved her and she loved him. Nothing could go wrong right?

Little did she know that her troubles we're just beginning.

 

 

{ Author's Note So here's a small update! I'm re-writing this totally this so this differs from the original plot by A LOT! Anyway, please comment, upvote, and subscribe!