Kim to the Rescue

My Choice (Sequel to Little Voice; Big World)
I hug my knees staring out the window of the plane. We are high in the air heading back to Seoul. Kim is sitting beside me quietly. I feel empty all of a sudden. I didn’t get to say goodbye to Halabeoji and Bom.
The plane land at midnight and we head to Rain’s condo.

Rain’s Condo >>>

I sit on the couch curl up in a ball. Rain is sitting across from me.

“Why did you let me see him?” I ask in a monotone voice.
“Abby it’s time you have to meet the rest of the family.” said Rain.
“I didn’t want to see that stranger.” I said.
“I know. I’m sorry, but I thought it would be a good time to meet your grandparents and also your dad.”
“He’s not my dad!” I snap.

Rain sigh and didn’t say a word after that.

“Let’s get some sleep now.” said Kim.

I nod and walk to my room. Uncle already have room made for me when I come sleepover at his place. I lay in bed and instantly fell asleep.

Kim’s POV

I plop on the couch and sigh. Rain run his fingers through his hair and lay his head back.

“Kim what do I do? It’s my fault.” Rain grunts.
“No it’s not. You did the right thing. She is gonna have to meet them sooner or later.” I reply.
“I know she is gonna hate it when she meets Jin (Abby’s Appa/Rain’s brother).” He mutters.
“Well you should know this family reunion wasn’t going to turn out swell.”
“It shouldn't have when she meet my parents. Aish! Why does Appa hate Abby! She hasn’t done anything.”
“I think you two need to fly out there and fix everything. This can ruin her career along with her life.”

Rain looks at me and nods.

“I’ll take care of everything and postpone all of her activities and events. I’ll take double notes in meeting.” I said getting my planner.
“Thanks. Push it to three weeks. I have a feeling we are gonna be there for awhile.” Rain murmurs.
“Well it’s family business so it’s all understandable. You’re leaving tomorrow at noon.” I smile giving him the tickets.
“What would I do if you weren’t here?” ask Rain.
“Unorganized.” I reply.