Chapter One

The Escape He Craved For

 

Kris hated the way his life turned into a routine after being in a relationship with his boyfriend, Yixing. He hated that he had to wake up every morning to the same face, eat at the same table with him, and come home from work to the same dimpled smile that became dull in his eyes. The mere thought of having to go home to see him put a dreadful weight on his shoulders. He would do anything to break this routine, escape his monotonous life.

His relationship with Yixing did not start off that way during the first few years. They shared fond memories of holding hands, stolen kisses, and fancy dates that led to steamy promises of passionate nights in bed. They were not even afraid to show a little public display of affection whenever they went out. Kris dealt with it all but when they started living together that was when he noticed his life became tedious, lacking interest in his boyfriend every time he came home. He noticed Yixing’s attempts to make him happy. He would cook delicious food for Kris and cuddle with him on the couch as they watched a movie. There were times when Yixing initiated the deep kisses and pressed their bodies together. His hands roamed over Kris’s chest to the waistband of his boxers but Kris always pulled away, claiming he was too tired from work. He never saw the hurt look in Yixing’s eyes.

Kris wished for something new to happen, something adventurous and exciting that would bring the spark back, or just end things for good. He should have been careful of what he wished for.

---

Kris woke up with a pounding headache, rubbing his eyes and faintly hearing muffled sounds around him. He blinked a few times to clear his vision as the ringing in his ears gradually decreased. He barely heard the voices saying something about gay people, insulting them about how disgusting they were, and that they should all die and rot in hell. Kris was shocked over the man’s words, panic running cold through his veins, and he looked around noticing he was in the backseat of a car. The windows were tinted black as night making it impossible to see where he was. He quickly turned his head to the side when he felt a small, warm hand on top of his, meeting Yixing’s eyes. He could see the fear in his glassy brown eyes. When he reached out to caress Yixing’s pale cheek, the doors swung open with enough force to make the hinges squeak. As they were being yanked out of the car, they desperately reached out to grab each other’s hands only to have their fingertips slip away. Yixing frantically called out Kris’s name as he was thrown out of the car, tripping over his own feet and landing on the ground.

Kris struggled against the unknown figure that pulled him out of the car and forced him to stand a few feet from Yixing. His arms were twisted behind his back as he helplessly watched Yixing crawl backwards when the larger man approached him.

“You d-don’t have to do this. Let us go, p-please.” Yixing begged him to spare their lives. Kris could hear him stutter his words and see the look of pure fear in his eyes.

“You’re nothing but filth.” The larger man spits on Yixing to show how disgusted he was. It was enough to make bile rise up to Kris’s throat. He replaced that disgusting taste of bile with a low growl, but his eyes widened instantly and his skin crawled when the man lift his metal weapon.

There was a loud crack and a short, painful scream that echoed in Kris’s ears. He witnessed the metal weapon smash into the side of Yixing’s skull. The blood gushed out of the fresh wound on Yixing’s head as his eyes rolled back and his body jolted from the blunt impact. A piercing yell erupted from Kris, repeating Yixing’s name but the man continued swinging his weapon as if Yixing’s head was a golf ball. Kris tried to break away from the other man’s grip but it only caused one of his arms to be twisted back more than the other. It felt like his arm would snap.

The gurgled shouts from Yixing began to diminish to a quiet cry until nothing else could be heard except for the weapon colliding with human bone. His mouth spilled out blood as his wounds painted the ground underneath his head. His fingers twitched until he was motionless. Kris collapsed on the ground, feeling his knees buckle under his weight and his throat dry from his screams. All of his strength faded as he lowered his head in defeat with his eyes tightly shut, unable to look at Yixing’s disfigured and bloodied face.

Kris yelled again to block out the dreadful screams until they turned into soft voices in his head. The voices whispered in his ear that this was the escape he craved for, the adventure he wished for. He thrashed his head around, hoping the haunting voices would turn into an annoying ringing sound in his ears.
 

What have I done?

 


A/N: I'd like to point out that I do not support any sort of violence as depicted in this story. Now I had an idea after reading through and editing this. Since this short story turned out to be really sad with Yixing's death and Kris feeling so defeated, I thought about adding another chapter that would be a little lighter and not so tragic for Kray shippers (I'm one of you guys and I felt horrible after that nightmare). Originally, this is the way it's supposed to end but if I do go through with the idea I'll try to avoid cliché endings. It just depends, I guess. Comments would be lovely~

I have another story I'll upload later for any Baekyeol fans who don't mind a little horror and sadness.

Other than that I want to thank you all for reading, subscribing, and commenting!