Prologue

Celebrity Cafe

 

Keito’s POV

I sighed as I sat there fiddling with the menu. What should I order this time? For the past few days, Yama-chan has been inviting us to have desserts with him and frankly speaking, I’m a little sick of it. Sweet stuffs consecutive for a few nights can be rather sickening after awhile.

“Did you see that? The part where I had manboobs? It was so funny at that time.” Yama-chan laughed as he mentioned his little mischief which he had done in HongKong while filming for his new drama.

“Yes! It was really hilarious!” Dai-chan laughed along when he recalled the incident.

I looked up from the menu and stared at Yabu who was definitely amused by the other two members. He laughed as well and his eyes formed a thin line. Always finding that face rather funny, I chuckled to myself and continued reading the menu, hoping that I would be able to choose something from it without feeling sick afterwards.

“May I take your order?” I looked up and spot a waitress standing next to me with a pen and a notepad ready. I didn’t recall seeing her around before so I figured that she must be a new comer. Unsure of what I should order, I signaled Yama-chan to order his dessert first since he looked so excited.

“Give me one Strawberry Paradise.” Yama-chan said as his eyes glimmered, making him seemed like a little boy who was buying his first cone of ice cream. In this case, strawberry paradise is an ice cream cake filled with strawberries. According to Yama-chan, this cake is very delicious.

“I’m sorry. Strawberry Paradise has finished. Can you order something else?”

“How can it be?”

“Why not? People just love it as much as you do.” The girl sighed as she replied. It was as if Yama-chan’s question was a little stupid. Well, I had to admit, it was kind of stupid. Okay, just a little stupid.

“Can’t you just make a new one?” Yama-chan whined, hoping to soften the waitress’s heart. It had worked before, it might work again-

“I’m sorry. No can do.” Or maybe not. Yama-chan, shocked that his whining method didn’t work and irritated that he could not get his dessert, ended up demanding to see the manager.  The manager came over and apologized profusely in the waitress’s place before turning to lecture her.

But the Chef isn’t feeling well enough to make a new one.” The waitress mumbled in English before turning back to us. “I apologise for my rudeness just now.” She bowed at Yama-chan. “However, I must say, although this is Celebrity Café and I honestly don’t care which entertainment you belong to, for a celebrity, you are pretty unreasonable.”

“You-!”

“However, instead of strawberry paradise, please allow me to make a dessert for you as an apology.” With that, the waitress turned around and headed for the kitchen.

“If it doesn’t taste good, I’ll request for her to be sacked.” Yama-chan folded his arms in anger and waited for his dessert.

The three of us shook our heads as we looked at one another. We knew that when it comes to desserts, Yama-chan can be pretty unreasonable at times but that was too much as well. It was true that the waitress was kind of rude but there was no need for the manager to be called. However, I really admired the waitress as she cared for the chef so much that she was willing to be scolded instead of asking the chef to make a new cake. Looking at the time, it was unwise to make a new one as well, we should have just blamed our luck for arriving only after the last piece of cake was bought.

“Here you are. A strawberry dessert for you.” The waitress placed four slices of pie on our table after 15 minutes. We took a slice each and started eating. I was preparing myself to feel sick inside due to this being my 6th day of the strawberry dessert marathon but to my surprise, it was rather delicious. I looked up and saw that Yama-chan was feeling satisfied as well.

“This is really good.” Yabu commented and Dai-chan nodded his head as he continued eating.

“You’re forgiven this time.” Yama-chan mumbled as he finished the last bite of his pie. The rest of us sighed in relief.

“What’s your name?” Dai-chan asked the waitress as he footed the bill.

“Aki. It’s okay, this is on the house today.” The waitress answered as she returned the money.

“Oh thank you. Are you a foreigner?” he asked again

“Yea, I’m working here part-time.”

“I see.”

“So are we all done?” Yabu asked after wiping his mouth with a piece of tissue.

“Yes we are.” I replied and the four of us pushed back our chairs and stood up.

“Thank you for coming. Please do visit again.” Aki bowed again at the door as she sent us out.

Thank you for the pie, Aki. It was really good.” Being the last to leave, I turned around and thanked the waitress in English before stepping out from the café. Atiqah looked up and smiled gently. I grinned at her before closing the door behind me.

“The pie was good. I’m satisfied.” Yama-chan stretched his arms up as we walked.

“You created quite a scene there though.” Dai-chan smacked him lightly on his back and Yama-chan pouted a little.

“But the pie was really good. I feel like eating it again. Even Keito seems satisfied today as well. I thought that right now, he would be saying ‘I will not eat any more desserts for the next few months.’ like what he had been doing for the past few days. ” After his attempt in imitating the way I said that line, Yabu smiled his usual smile with his eyes forming a line.

I frowned at his lousy imitation and shrugged. “You can’t blame me for saying that because those desserts we had eaten made me feel really sick. However, I have to agree, this pie is good.”

“Let’s go back to Celebrity Café again.” Yama-chan, who was walking in front turned around and said.

“Yea, let’s go back again.” To my fellow members’ surprise, I agreed to Yama-chan’s suggestion. “However, please don’t create a scene this time.”  The rest of the members laughed as we continued walking back home.

TBC

AN: It was initially planned as a one-shot but I doubt a one-shot will be enough to write what I have in mind. This isn't all lovey and fluffy because it's the prologue >< Stay tune to the next few chapters yea? (There should be 4 more coming up.) I will try my best to update weekly.  -Aoi