Cold

It's cold.

 

Night was dark but calm; the air was crisp, cold and awakening, and the trees were stiff and frozen like. The snow was a sight from a picture, so perfectly layed by nature, with no imperfections except for her own footsteps. 

A cold, chilly gentle breeze whipped past her blushing cheeks as she dragged her small luggage through the snow-covered sidewalk. Shivering slightly, she tucked her chin into her knitted scarf before continuing on.

 

The city was empty, and not a soul was in sight. The usually-bright, luminous lights that shone through the tall buildings were gone, leaving only the old street lamps fighting to illuminate the dark streets. They weren't doing a very good job though.

 

Where was she heading to? She, herself didn't know.

What she did know was that she needed some time away from her family. Yes, she ran away from home.

Which is why she was all alone in the cold, dark city. 

 

With a tired sigh, she stopped by a lone bench that stood proudly by the road. Taking a seat, she massaged her legs as she took a short break from roaming around. She had nowhere to go; no place to stay. All she had was her dignity. And a little money, plus some clothes.

 

Closing her eyes, she rubbed her temples.

What was she supposed to do next? Where was she going to live? Endless problems flew into her mind. She didn't know what to do; she was lost.

Oh, how she regretted breaking up with her boyfriend. He would've been there beside her when she was alone. Now who would?

Go back home, her brain told her.

But her heart would say no. Your dignity, that's all you have now, you'd better keep it.

With another sigh, she buried her face in her palms. Maybe I'll just stay here for the night, she decided.

 

Another gail force of chilly wind hit her. 

Hugging herself, she tried to keep herself warm, pulling her coat tighter around her small frame. "It's cold," she mumbled to herself.

 

"You realized?" 

A low voice sliced through the thin air, shattering the layer of dead silence that enveloped the area.

She didn't know why, but she found that voice so attractive and so alluring. Bringing her head up, her eyes trailed to the owner of that appealing voice. A tall, good-looking guy stood before her. That voice matched his looks perfectly well, they fitted together just like a puzzle. Those sharp facials features of his, she found so enticing. She couldn't help but stare.

"Uh, hello?" he waved his hand in front of her pretty face. It was all he could do when he realized that this girl was staring at him with those beautiful brown eyes of hers.

She jumped, obviously startled by his actions, automatically apologizing after being brought back to earth. She didn't have a particular reason as to why she did it. Perhaps she found herself so very attracted to him.

 

"What are you doing here?" he asked as he plopped himself down onto the empty space right next to her. "It's freezing, and this place is practically a ghost town right now."

She shivered and shrugged. "I don't know if I should be talking to strangers."

"My name is Jongin," he notified her, taking off his scarf and wrapping it around her after spotting her slight quivering. "Now you know my name. So I'm assuming you'll tell me now?"

 

She smiled, the first time since the whole day. It's funny, she thinks. Her whole day had been terribly unpleasant, and suddenly this guy, this unbelievably attractive guy, is able to make her lips tug into a smile simply with his presence and a few words. And a scarf.

" I ran away from home." she lowered her head, a small sigh escaping her peachy lips. That sigh, no matter how faint it was, never did escape Jongin's sharp ears. "So, where will you stay?" he prodded.

"Honestly, I don't know. I was thinking of-" 

"Spending the night here?" Jongin cut her off. He shook his head with a smile, "it's not a good idea. It's cold."

 

Meekly, she lowered her head again. The scarf he put around her slowly slid down her neck, almost touching the bench. He leaned in and adjusted it back into its original place with a wink. She blushed, her already-pink cheeks burning an even brighter shade. Thank goodness the lights weren't bright enough to penetrate the darkness.

"And this bench isn't worthy enough to be a bed." he continued, criticizing the innocent object that they were sitting on. He patted the wood a few times, "it's so hard."

"Why not, you stay at my place for the time being?" he turned to her with a charming grin. Oh, he had no idea how much her inner fangirl sqealed with that particular smile that showed off his pearly-whites.

 

She shook her head timidly. Stay with him? She didn't want to live with a guy she just met. Not that she didn't trust him or anything, she just didn't want to disturb. "No, thanks." And again, she lowered her head.

"Are you afraid that I might do anything to you?" he questioned. Without giving her time to even open to respond, he snatched the luggage from her grasp. "Relax, nothing will happen. I promise."

 

And with another killer smile, Jongin got up. "Come on," he squatted in front of her. Tilting her chin up, he whispered. "Lift your head princess, or the crown might fall."

 

She met eyes with him. As she stared into his brown eyes, all she could see was his sincerity. It was weird how she'd just met this guy a few minutes ago, yet he had her so captivated. Her heart skipped a beat as she lost herself in his eyes. Maybe, just maybe, she had found the solution to all her problems, the answer to her questions, the one who would be right next to her when she's alone. Maybe, just maybe, she found herself falling into the pits of love.

 

She melted, right there and then. Whether it was because of his sweet words or his warm gaze, she didn't know. 

All she knew was that she didn't feel cold anymore.

 

 

 

tumblr_mgite4cfGc1s2hrgoo1_500.gif

 

 

 

Leave me some comments, baby!