and another shot of liquor

another game of pretend

Her mask itches, the dark scarlet mask, bejeweled with sequins and feathers takes the place of her eyes, her fingers travel across the table, waiting for a customer. Her chocolate orbs glance in the direction of other tables, the male customers laugh proudly as their hostess tells them of a joke, or a story or even complimenting the way their fringe covers their beautiful eyes. Her mask itches though. It's only eight, there wouldn't be people at her table, not that she wants people. People just annoy her. 

"Sooyeon, you have a customer," a bland voice states, her chocolate orbs stare at the man hovering her table. He has big ears, a big face, muscles that are straining to stay hidden, and a smirk that people probably woo over. Sooyeon just nods her head, ushering him to sit down. Ok Taecyeon, she likes him. He's the type of customer she enjoys entertaining. Except, who's the man behind him? Readjusting her mask, she looks at the linger figure, his hands are in his pockets, his eyes are wandering off somewhere else (like Donghae), and he has a tattoo on the side of his neck. She's amused by him. 

"Evening Miss Jung," Taecyeon nonchalantly says, her attention turns to Taecyeon. Who is the man with him? Her fingers ushers the other to sit down as well. Her mask itches again, but she tries to ignore the temptation. Taecyeon's mirth appears when he notices her staring balantly at the male next to him. "That's Jaebeom. He wanted to meet you," he says almost as a compliment. She softly smiles, takes her preoccupied fingers and it glides to the whisky that's in front of "Jaebeom." His hands topples on top of hers though, his hand is warm and her hand quickly retreats from the touch. 

"Jaebeom isn't a fan of whisky, he likes his wine," he snorts. Sooyeon glances at Jaebeom and he nods his head, she reaches for the wine that is in front of her, pops the cap and pours the rich red into glasses. 

"Don't you talk?" the Jaebeom one asks bluntly. The woman almost drops her glass of wine at his outburst. Taecyeon forgets to mention that Jaebeom is a bit of a wild one. 

"Excuse me?" she asks, almost choking on her wine. The manager wouldn't be happy with her unlady-like conduct. Taecyeon smirks, Jaebeom only sips on his wine, amused by her and her mask. It's unlike the others, the others which are simple and sequined. Her mask has feathers, it's not pastel and it's beautifully simple. "I converse all the same, just not as much as the others," she says. Others meaning the other hostesses, who you could hear from a mile away. Their laughter echoing against the walls, the smiles evident on their faces, she's nothing like that. 

"You're quite different from the others," he adds. Her orbs twitch as he continues to talk. This is her life, living on a paycheck that depends on her customers. It's miserable. "You're not as eloquent as the others," he says. Sooyeon nods her head a bit before Taecyeon enters the conversation with laughter. 

He knows that Sooyeon is more talkative than this, but it takes time and Jaebeom doesn't seem to have time. Not that she really minds because his hair is a deep dark brown, his piercings are kind of annoying and the way he looks at her reminds her of someone else. But she readjusts her mask, flings her caramel locks to the side, bats her eyelashes and smiles at the man in front of her. 

"Would you like to give it a try then?" she asks curiously, her eyes luring the man in, her fingers lightly his hand, it wouldn't take much time now. "I mean, I may not be eloquent like the others, but, I know how to make a man feel right," she whispers huskily into his ear. 

One, his hands slip away from her touch and delicately touch her face. Hook. Two, he runs his fingers through her caramel locks. Line. And third, she goes back to her spot, sipping triumphantly at her wine. Sink. Her mask hides the disgust of this all. These games always end the same. They all want something more than a discussion. 

"You're quite a tease," Jaebeom comments. She sips on her wine and shrugs her shoulders, it's how she plays this hostess game. And the results are all the same. 

*

"You did what?" Heechul shrieks when he hears her comment about the hostess club. The girl laughs in pure delight, flinging her shoes in his direction as he throws purses at her. "Jesus Christ, Jung Jessica! Have some class!" he shouts again, throwing a purse at her face. There's another sober giggle from the girl as she continues to fling shoes. "You need to stop drinking so much," he adds.

"Oh my God, you should have seen it! He was all over me!" she laughed. Her hands reaches for the stilettos, the black stilettos that her ex-boyfriend got her. Lee Donghae, one of the many who falls in "love" with her. It's all fun and games. Her giggles die down though when she sees the stilettos. Lee Donghae, he is boring. She doesn't like boring.

"Hey, what happened?" Heechul asked as Sooyeon stares at the stilettos. He shakes his head, ruffles her caramel locks and says, "He's a . He was banging Tiffany the other night. Definitely the right decision," Heechul finishes.

Except, Jessica doesn't really care, her eyes glaze over and she remembers what kind of story she's in. And now she wants to put the mask on, this isn't really what she expects. 

"Let's go. There's plenty of cute boys to bang and then tomorrow night you'll be all sophisticated and . But tonight, you, me, some cute boys and drinks, sound good?" 

How she ing loves her gay best friend.

They run through the downtown streets, run on green lights and wait on red lights, they don't drive, they don't take a cab, they take control of the downtown area, lights that illuminate the energy of the night. Her fingers are laced with his, and as they're allowed into the club, she can feel his hands loosen and finally they disappear. She's alone now. Her best friend ditches her for some cute guy at the bar.

It's annoying she thinks, to hear how her ex-boyfriend is completely fine without her  and how she's an idiot to let him go. She drinks whenever she hears the name, one shot after another. And at one point she hears his voice from afar. It's annoying.

"Jessica!" she hears him shout. Her eyes wander to him, he still has those big fish eyes that wander off and a scar on the tip of his fingers. She finishes the rest of her alcohol before he sits next to her. His arms sling onto her shoulders, she wants her mask at this point. "Do you miss me?" he asks drunkenly, letters slurring together as his breath takes control of the atmosphere.

Why she comes to this club and repeat the past, she'll never know. Except, Jessica just giggles as he advances to her ears, whispering what she used to think was amazing to her. It's all fun and games really, him playing around with her and her teasing back. It's kind of annoying. His lips slowly get close to her, gently, they're going to touch soon, how she wants her mask.

"'Ey, Jessica!" she hears someone shriek. She scoots over to the side to see Taecyeon, smiling at her. "What's this chump doing around you? You're mine!" he playfully teases. Ok Taecyeon, the only one to know about both sides of her. Not that she minds, she likes the fact that he's around to help. The muscled man throws Donghae's arms off her body and slings his arm around her right shoulder, like they're a couple. But they're not, and they both know that. Well, she hopes so anyways. The caramel locks cover her face as the male disappears, her laughs are now brighter and bigger than before.

"So you remember Jaebeom right?" he asks while ordering another shot. The girl nods her head. "He's on his way here. So I suggest you get going. He may look like an idiot, but don't let it fool you," he finishes off. Jessica  nods her head, grabs her bag and leaves, hearing cat calls as she leaves. Well, she really wishes she has her mask.

*

It takes Jessica five minutes to reach the tunnels. The tunnels that Heechul warns not to take by herself. They're dimly lit, graffiti on the walls, awkward tiles that should be repleaced, it is how it is. Voices echo if anyone says a word, but she doesn't care, she just wants to be home.
 

"!" she shouts in English as her stilettos step on a piece of gum. It's not classy for her, but keeping her caramel locks tucked in a bun, wearing a bodycon dress that's probably riding up and stumbling along the sidewalks of the tunnels doesn't look classy in the first place.

"Hey, do you need help?" a friendly voice echoes. She looks up to see a man, around her age, taller than her with toned muscles smiling down upon her. And for a moment, she's star struck, not because he is a star, just because she never sees chivalrous men in this area. They're all in Seoul with a loving wife of some sort. He grabs his outstretched hand (which are perfectly soft and warm), and he lifts her up, her stilettos slipping off her petite feet.

And something inside her wishes that she has a mask on. "I'm Jay," he says with a smile. Jay, the name of a bird, Jay, a name of someone stupid, Jay, an English name, Jay, the shortened form of Jaebeom. And she mentally curses herself for being so loud.

"I'm Jessica," she says kindly. Her fingers lace with his and conservative people would believe this is frisky, but she's not a raised-in-Korea girl and neither is he.

"Are you heading somewhere?" he asks. He squeezes her hand (and for some reason, she squeezes back). She wants to say back to the clubs, but she doesn't want to take a drunken Heechul home or see Taecyeon scolding her for not listening to her. But, if she keeps this going, it'll end up bad all the same.

"Home," she states simply, stumbling along the roads, her feet touching the cold stone tiles as they continue to walk aimlessly. "You can let go, I can get home just fine," she says, her words oozing with feminity and her tone insisting.

He's about to say something, but they reach the end of the tunnel andshe sees Heechul. Heechul, who is standing there with some boy wrapped around his waist. (How he knows she's here is a mystery to her.) His eyes glare at the male by her side, who's holding her hand and someone who is too gentlemanlike for his likings. So, the male lets go of her hand, rubs the back of his head, slides something in her hair and leaves.

"Who was that?" Heechul asks as he shooes away the person around his waist.

The girl takes the card out of her hair and with a smile says, "Park Jaebeom."

(Heechul scolds her all the way home.)
 

*

Sooyeon rubs her mask again, waiting for a customer. The supervisor informs her and she sits there, head in her hands as the male takes his place in the seat in front of her.

Well . He's not supposed to be here either.

"Hi Sooyeon," he says simply, his hands on the table, his fingers climbing onto her hand. He's American she assumes. His black hair flings to the side as he starts to doodle hearts onto her hand. "I didn't think I'd see you again," he adds.

She really hates this mask at the moment. "Same goes for you, but you have an hour of my time. Use it wisely," she says, not caring that he's still doodling hearts on her hand as though he's writing love on her arms.

"Where are you from?" he asks, his fingers stop (they're too familiar), and he lunges for the wine bottle on the table.

"California, and I assume you would be from... Seattle?" she asks, pointing to the Seattle tattoo on his collarbone. He nods and chuckles as he takes her hand, and plays with it. This needs to stop.

"Favorite thing to do?" he asks. She takes her hand back, pours a glass of wine and hums for a little bit, trying to decide whether or not she should state the truth or not.

"Sleeping," she answers honestly, gesturing him to ask his question as well. The jet black haired man, shakes his head, humming as well before finally smiling and answering her implied question.

"Dancing," he says with a sparkle in his eyes. It's as if she wakes up a hope that's been dormant for years. She gestures him to go on because she knows if she doesn't, he'll do it anyways. "I've been dancing since I was seven..." And then the sparks in his eyes become surprisingly flashier and happier, he drones on and she listens, laughing at every funny story or gesturing with her hands to continue.

She really likes him, she thinks, but she stays quiet and when his time is over, he kisses her hand and says his goodbyes, for now. She has to wait another day for this to go away? She sighs, the mask itches and everything around her seems dismal and tragic. 

*

It takes Jessica three shots of whatever Taecyeon is brewing behind the bar to be drunk. Her giggles seem girlier and louder, when she walks from place to place, she stumbles, but she doesn't mind. Everything around her is a blur and it's perfect to her mind. The strobe lights, the loud music, the sweat and the crowd of people doesn't bother her. What bothers her is seeing him. 

He's always there, taunting her with that stupid smile of his, he has girls wrapped around his finger, just like he used to with her. Is it her fault, she wonders, but she giggles off any depressing thought as someone takes her by the arm. She likes the club, she likes being pulled away before her thoughts can comprehend that she might be still in love with someone like him. She really likes it. 

The stranger's arms are around her waist, her head is on her shoulder and she can hear him whisper her name in her ear. There's a giggle again, she knows who it is, Heechul, Heechul who seems to save her from the big bad wolf. 

"Heechul, stop it!" she squeals into his ear. He stays quiet for awhile and she has to wonder when he dyed his hair black or when he became so toned. "Donghae was here again," she slurs as his hand rubs her back, pulling on the curls of her caramel locks. "And, and, he had Yoona with him, they're really cute together, really, but, but, but, I might still like him," she adds. She laughs at the thought of this pathetic one-sided love. He continues to rub her back as though he understands what's going on. "And, Heechul Oppa, Oppa, Oppa, I don't want to love him anymore!" she slurs finally, pulling away from his grasp. Her eyes turning wide when she realizes who she's been fondling with. 

But she's too drunk to care anymore, she grabs onto his hand, runs upstairs, then out the doors and onto the rooftop. She breathes in the cold air, she breathes in the beauty and the man just laughs as she twirls around like a ballerina on the rooftop.

And he watches. He watches as she dangerously spins herself around, as she sings a lullaby to the moon that can't be touched, how her fingers almost reach towards the moon, almost grasping onto it. She's almost like a child as she stumbles about on the rooftop. She turns to him, her eyes wide and curious and smiles. That smile makes him smile, she's infectious, he realizes, but then she gestures towards him, holding out her hand towards him.

"Teach me how to waltz, Mr. Jay!" she squeaks. His warm hands take her cold fingers, and she hums a tune. He puts her hand on his shoulder as she drunkenly her head to the side, not knowing what to do, he laces her fingers with his and pulls her closer to her. 

"You ready?" he asks, his husky English voice taking control of the atmosphere. The girl only nods her head and he leads her. He's not one to waltz, but for her, he'll give it a try. She starts singing on-tune to a song he can't put his finger on. He smiles as she stumbles on top of him, he catches her and she reeks of french vanilla mixed with the green apple martinis, her face is soft against his face and almost if on cue, she gets up, not caring that she might have taken his breath away and jumps on a ledge. "You're so drunk," he answers. The drunken beauty only shrugs her shoulders and shouts at the moon. 

"I hate you, Lee Donghae, I don't want to be in love with you anymore!" Jessica screams, standing on top of a ledge, smiling, feeling the cold air against her face and he laughs. Laughing, at the fact this girl is too drunk to be doing something like this, but he just laughs. 

(He takes her to his place, feeds her, takes care of her and she leaves her number on his mirror in red lipstick and leaves.)

*

One, it takes one drink for Sooyeon to get a guest. Park Jaebeom, she remembers, he sits in his seat, fidgeting back and forth as Sooyeon tugs on her mask, noticing there's a bruise on his neck. His eyes seem tired and he looks full out exhausted.

"Have you ever fallen in love before?" he asks after he takes a drink of his wine. The hostess swallows the rest of her wine.

"Yes, yes, I have." No.

"Truly?" he asks, questioning her answer. It's an honest answer, but she doesn't really notice that he's a little skeptical about her answer. Not that it matters because she's too preoccupied with other thoughts, and he's just another customer. Not someone she should really care about. 

"No, I haven't," she states nonchalantly, twirling a curl with her pinky finger, waiting for him to continue on with his story. 

"Do you want to be in love?" he asks, his eyebrows raising as she sips on her wine, wondering about the answer to this ridiculous question. They stay quiet for a moment and something flashes in the back of her mind.

The boy in her mind is tall, he's handsome, and her heart beats faster at the thought of him, except she doesn't know him and she doesn't know why she's giggling around him or why he's holding her hand, but she likes it for a moment. 

And then it flashes back to the present. Her eyes focus on Park Jaebeom, stalling time as she sips on the wine. 

"Not really." I wish it was possible.

"Why?" she asks. The dark haired boy gets up from his seat, grabs her hand and they leave the table, arousing the attention of other tables. It's embarrassing, letting him take control of her, letting him lead when she should be the one leading. 

They stop in front of a garden, he's getting close, too close for comfort, closer and closer, their lips are too close and she feels her heart race, her body starts to quiver, and she lets him kiss her.

A soft and kind kiss on the lips, he smiles softly when he pulls away, he his head to side playfully, waiting for her to stop being so awe struck. They stand in the garden, his hands lace with hers, and for a moment it feels like there's color to her canvas, for a little bit. 

"You don't want to feel that?" he asks curiously. The hostess nods her head,  he wraps his lips around hers again and the process starts all over again, but nothing happens. She's not sure what's supposed to feel. Ignorance, she's ignorant of this feeling and so she stands there, dumbfounded before he leads her back and whispers into her ear, "Time's up, I'll see you next week." 

Her heart bursts when she hears the words, but she doesn't understand why. 

*

"Jaebeom kissed me," she says as Heechul puts on clothes. She's staying home while Heechul goes clubbing. Jessica pulls the blanket onto her lap as Heechul continues to try on clothes, after clothes, after clothes. It's the only thing she remembers. It happens in her dream, but usually her dreams happen in real life and she remembers this part. 

"What did it feel like?" he asks. Jessica shrugs, turning on the television. There's nothing really good on, but she stops when she sees a drama that describes her feelings.

They're kissing, one is surprised and shocked, while the other seems to know what they're doing. The girl points at the surprised person and Heechul laughs. 

"You'll like him eventually," he continues. The girl shrugs her shoulder and feels her phone vibrate on the couch. 

/Hey, I'm here. Open the door./

Confused, the girl looks up at Heechul who just winks at her. Heechul winking is never a good sign, but she lets it go and he opens to the door. Well, Park Jaebeom is there, in sweatpants and a v-neck, holding movies and a bag of slurpees in his hands. Throwing a pillow at Heechul, he leaves the apartment and Jay makes himself comfy, next to her, on the couch. Well, her life.

It's not like she sees this coming. If she did then she wouldn't be looking like a mess. Her hair is sticking out in every part of her bun, she's wearing a sweatshirt that's two sizes too big and sweat pants that have stains on them, definitely a mess. While Jay, Jay just looks gorgeous, and it annoys her. He puts the move into the DVD player, puts the slurpees on the table and she throws the bag of chips towards him.

"Did Heechul Hyung tell you I was coming?" he asks as the preview begins. He's pretty damn gorgeous right now and she has to slurp on her drink to calm down. She's pretty surprised that he even calls Heechul, hyung. 

"Of course not," she mutters between sips. "He doesn't even tell me when he's about to leave me for some stud," she snorts. She's becoming a bit like her sister around this guy, but then again, she doesn't care. "Why come in first place?" she asks. It's obvious that she's not a sight to see when she's just in her apartment, relaxing.

"I didn't wanna miss you," he says sweetly. It's cringe worthy. And she almost chokes on her slurpee that he gets her. He's interesting, she thinks. They become silent as the television starts showing the movie.

The blanket that's covering her body is now covering Jaebeom's figure and hers. She realizes that he's closer to her, his arms are around her shoulder and something in her mind says stop it, but she ignores it. They continue to watch the movie about a girl striving to become someone more than she is.

And it brings up his question, a question that she's afraid to answer.

"What's your dream?" he asks as his fingers come closer to hers. They lace again like in the past, he's cuddling next to her and she finds her head starting to hurt.

"It's pretty lame. I wanted to be a bookstore owner, I wanted to greet and smile at customers, tell them about some amazing stories I read when I was younger, but it was stupid. It was practical and not really fun. People thought I was a loser because I wanted to be someone like that. I gave up on that after I graduated high school. And now, I don't know. I really don't," she says. She's not sure what makes her say that, but it's not her. If she knows the least amount, it's that it's not her. He makes his way towards her, scooting closer and closer to her until their lips touch. Like in the dream, like before, before, when's before?

Her head starts to hurt even more, burn even more, she keeps her head steady, but all of a sudden, a rush of images play in her mind and Jessica can't take it anymore. Sooyeon can't either, so the girl in the background pushes away from Jaebeom.

He's shocked, she's surprised and his eyes widen. She starts trembling, her eyes start to water, what's going on right now? What's happening? Her fingers that are laced with his are starting to tremble. This, this couldn't be happening again. Not again. It hurt in the past, but this is different, she's mature now. Those kisses from before shouldn't hurt anymore. But, she can't.

"What happened?!" she hears him shout, not Jaebeom, but Heechul and she can feel Heechul grabbing Jaebeom by the collar and throwing him out. It's all the same, she's trying to breathe, but she can't find air. Her anxiety is getting worse and she can feel Heechul rubbing her back, soothing her, it hurts all the same.

Jessica and Sooyeon are at war. Memories are starting to play in the back of her mind, everything hurts, losing him to her. Knowing that he moved on and had with someone else. Knowing that him played her, pretended to be in love with her, broke her. He's her first love, the one that started this mess.

"Heechul, why?" she sobs. Her voice sounds foreign to her ears. It's different from Jessica's high pitched squeaks and Sooyeon's husky seductive voice. It's her own voice that she struggles to find these past few years. "Why am I like this?" she squeaks in between sobs. 

He just shushes her and let's her cry on his shoulder. They don't say anything, she doesn't say anything, she knows what's wrong with her. It hurts all the same that she can't control herself anymore, but what can she do?

She's her, she's not going to be able to win this battle.

"We're going to therapy tomorrow," he states.

And being herself, she just lets him go.

*

Her mask finally stops itches, her fingers start to bang against the table. This is it, this is the end. There would be no more of this. Hostess Sooyeon is dying to get control of her mind, but this isn't going to work out anymore. So she tugs on the mask one last time, before seeing someone like him sit down with a frown on his face. It's never a good thing.

"You're Jessica," he states. The girl nods her head solemnly. He pours himself a glass of whisky (something that he hates). "But you're nothing like her, at all. Sooyeon isn't all about partying and drinking, she likes being a hostess and playing with men," he continues, trying to get his facts right. They sit there and she fidgets, this is the scariest thing she has to do in a long time. "Jessica is in love with Lee Donghae," he continues. The girl cringes. Why does he have to bring up Lee Donghae? Then he stops, he doesn't say anymore, he sits there, pretending that he knows what's going on. But he gets up from his seat, leaves, and doesn't give her a chance to explain anything. It breaks her heart that he doesn't give her a chance. But, she can't change people's actions. She wishes she can because the next few words she was going to say are the most important.

She has multiple personality disorder, but she's not like Jessica who can run after a male and tell him that she has it. Or like Hostess Sooyeon who can cunningly add it in a sentence, she's Jung Sooyeon. Not Hostess Sooyeon, not Jessica, and she's afraid out of her wits mind when he leaves her like her first love, like him. No, she's broken and scared, but being her, she can't confess. The world is still the world, Jessica and Sooyeon have murdered each other after that one kiss and Jung Sooyeon is Jung Sooyeon, broken and pretending to live a lie.

She throws the mask onto the table, quits her job, and thinks. That mask is her cage, and she is finally free. She leaves the hostess club, her fingers clutching onto her messenger bag hard, it's odd to be free. To be free from the people who take turns posessing her body. It takes a lot for her to remember every little detail that has happened in the past few months, but it's okay. She's different now. And, that's what makes everything fine. Kicking rocks against the streets, feeling the cold wind against her skin, and feeling calm and comforted, that's what makes everything okay. And so she laughs.

It's been forever since she's been okay. It feels wonderful. She jumps on the road, spinning around on the abandoned streets, smiling, laughing and happy. Happiness, it's been awhile since she's been happy.

*

It's been at least six months since she let the two girls take control of her body. Six months, at least, her eyes gaze out the window, watching the snow blanket the concrete sidewalks and seeing little kids playing around in the snow. It's been six months, six long, hard, beautiful months. But someone breaks her trance.

"Hey, Sica, someone's looking for you," Donghae says, ruffling her hair. Sooyeon only sticks out her tongue at him as he chuckles at her. 'Sica, she likes that nickname.

Donghae, Jessica was in love with him. They had a thing. But the real Sooyeon was never in love with him and only wanted to be his friend. He realized this as she started to talk to him, she was different from Jessica. His spaced out eyes, his kind smile were some of the few things that Jessica would love. Because she reminded him of her, except in a cuter and more masculine way, and it made Sooyeon laugh. She'd have to thank her for being in love with such a dork one.  And she'd bet that Jessica would welcome her.

The girl leaves the break room where Taecyeon is trying to teach Heechul how to roast coffee beans, but he doesn't have much luck. Taecyeon is always there for her now. He knows about her personality disorder, he always has. But now, he finds it more pleasant to be around just Sooyeon, the everyday, beanie wearing, oversized sweater loving and oxford shoes tapping chick. Perhaps, that's why he's always around her when guys are trying to hit on her. Maybe, she laughs at the thought of it. 

And then there's Heechul, who's been there since she got diagnosed. He's been there since she became this person, he may have ditched her for those cute boys at the bar and might not have supported her in the best way, but he is her Heechul, a flaming homoual with a big heart. A guy who sometimes wants to hit the crap out of Hostess Sooyeon for being so mature and kill Jessica for being so immature.

"Welcome to Witless, how can I help you out?" she asks, not looking up from the book on the counter. It's one of her favorite fairytales, but she doesn't say anything as she scans the barcode and readjusts her pale white beanie, hiding some of her caramel locks.

"I've been looking for you for months," the male voice calls. There's something familiar about that voice, but she can't remember why. Her mind is trying to piece the puzzle together. Though it hurts her head so she readjusts her beanie again and puts the book in his bag. "Hey, look at me," he pushes in a rude tone. There's nothing for her to say though, and she hears Heechul come to the cash register.

Hearing a smirk from his lips, Sooyeon looks up at Heechul. The guy doesn't smirk unless something is off. Something is definitely wrong. "It's Seattle boy, eh?" he says, trying to pull off a bad boy voice, and it doesn't work. Seattle? Her nose crumples up in confusion, what the hell is going on? "Don't you remember?" Heechul asks and nudges her.

Her eyes meet the male's eyes. Those dark chocolate brown orbs that Jessica fell in love with, are looking back at hers. His black hair that Sooyeon ran her fingers through is now a deep blonde and the girl just blinks at him. Oh, she remembers him. He's the one who sets her free from those two identities. He's the key to the cage that she couldn't get out of.

"Oh, hi Jaebeom-ssi," she states. His face grimaces when he hears the 'ssi' part of the conversation. "What brings you to these parts of Seoul?" she asks. Remembering the conversations he had with Hostess Sooyeon, they were interesting, all different from the other ones.

"You," he states which would make Jessica cringe in embarassment. He's too cheesy for her, but Sooyeon only blushes red at the comment, feeling her ears heat up like Taecyeon's when he sees a girl.

"No, but listen. I should have stayed, I should have came back," he says. Her eyes dim when he says should have. It's something that she hates about people, they regret. "If I was more like Taecyeon, more patient, I would have stayed there and let you finally confess. And be there for you, truly be there for you," he says. And Sooyeon only shakes her head, knowing the feeling herself.

"If only you were someone else, but you weren't, you were you and things happen," she adds, handing the bag to the surprised male. She knows the feeling too well. She's been through years of that. "I understand. No one wants to be with a mentally ill person like me," she states, laughing at her words. Jaebeom takes her hand and shakes his head.

"It's not though. I liked both Hostess Sooyeon and Jessica. I loved Sooyeon for not knowing about love. And I loved Jessica because she was willing to let go of her past. They're a part of you whether you know it or not. They might not be you, but you have a part of them."

He jumps onto the counter (and Heechul would kill him later), holds her close to him and for a moment, she thinks that this is going to be all okay. She stares at him, he embraces her, and all the memories rush back. But they don't hurt like they do in the past, it's as though she's finally over them.

"I'll love you for whoever you are. You are you, the world is the world, but, no matter what, I'll love you," he says sincerely. He squeezes her hand like the first time they meet in the echoing tunnels, he runs his fingers through her caramel locks like the first time at the hostess club, and she hugs him back, letting him stay there.

Because if she was someone else, she wouldn't let them back into her life. But because the world is the world and she is still herself, she is silent and forgiving. And finally happy, truly happy.