Give Me Your Smile

Doraemon

 

 The kindergarten teacher was rubbing my back trying to sooth if not stop my endless crying.

 

DaeSung-ah, stop crying....

.

We will find another blue Crayon for you....

.

Please, you're scaring the others.... “

 

She had already tried all the kind of tips, treats or tricks she could but nothing had calmed the heaviness I had been feeling in my chest since this older boy had snatched away the precious Crayon my mother had given me because I had been a “good boy” all this week.

 

The said boy was just mocking me from the front row of the circle the other kids had made around the crying myself and the helpless teacher.

 

DaeSung looks like a fish when he's crying!! DaeSung is a sardine!! DaeSung is a sardine!!” hearing the bully song just added tears in my already sore eyes.

 

Desperate, my teacher left me with a sigh in order to explain to the silly boy that it was not right to call me “sardine” neither “monkey” nor any of the other names the kid loved to call me.

 

Abandoned in the middle of the crowd looking at me with wide eyes, the weight on my heart became heavier and heavier and so my cries became harder and harder. Until a small black haired boy I had never seen before came to me and extended his little arm showing me his hand which was holding a blue Doraemon pencil.

 

I give you mine. It's my favorite, so stop crying okay?!” Saying that he tilted his head on the side trying to look at my face hidden behind my arms.

 

My crying turned into small sobs before it stopped at the cute sight of the child. I just felt so much happiness at that moment that my face was illuminated by a bright smile.

 

Thank you! I'll take good care of it then!” and I took the pencil.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Since that day, I have never talked to the brunette again, I was way too shy and could just look at him from afar. He was usually surrounded by girls who wanted to play with him, and he always wore a funny smile when choosing the one who would play to his “doctor game” today.

 

I didn't know anything about this game, but, one of the girls told me, when I asked her, that it was a secret game and that only SeungHyun could play. I felt like a pang in my chest as anger rose in me but I didn't care, I didn't want to play with her!! I didn't like to play with girls anyway... I wonder how SeungHyung tolerated all of them.... “SyeungHyung” the name was difficult but I loved it anyway. It echoed in my mind appeasing my ire and painting a smile on my face while I drawn random patterns with my new favorite pencil.

 

Sometimes SeungHyung, I still have difficulties to pronounce it properly but I train myself every night in my bed before drifting to sleep. Anyway, sometimes, he catches me staring but he's never come to speak to me, he just smiles back. And with just that, I feel a heat invading my cheeks as embarrassment fills me.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It's been maybe a month since the blue crayon incident but it was this day SeungHyun had chosen to speak to me. Any of his girls was around so I supposed that he was bored and so had come to speak with me.... He flashed me a small smile before asking me if I really liked Doraemon that much.

 

Firstly surprised then completely ashamed of my hot red face, I was unable to answer him. I guess he thought that I hadn't got his question since he repeated it this time nodding to my pencil. The heat of my blushing cheeks and the feeling of embarrassment grew stronger in me as I thought of the answer I couldn't give him. I couldn't respond that I did love it that much because he was the one who had given it to me, so a shy

 

yes? ... I like it ... a lot” came out of my tightened throat.

 

The day after, I remarked that even some of the elementary school girls had come to ask SeungHyun to play the “doctor game” during the break. The pang returned but I decided that I didn't care because I decided that I hated girls! They're mean, they pull my hair, they call me names, or they want me doing things for them, etc... so I decided that I didn't like them!

 

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard a little cough, and raising my head I found that SeungHyun was standing in front of me, a frown on his face and his head a little tilted on the side in concern.... like the first day I met him.... I was startled a little, lost in my thoughts again, when he asked me

 

Why were you making that face? Are you angry?

.

There! That's for you , I hope it'll make it up for you.”

 

When I looked down, I saw a little Doraemon figurine landing on my lap. I couldn't help but smile and blush a little but when I looked up to thank him, he was already returning to his harem who was sending fire glares to me. A chill ran down my spine but I dismissed it, returning my attention to the little Doraemon.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Since that day, the Doraemon figurine has never left my side, I eat with it, I sleep with it, I tell it all my feelings, joy, pain etc... I just have to look at it for all my fears to disappear and my eyes would close behind my smile. So I've been living happily with my Doraemon but that was until my bully remembered my existence and discovered my source of happiness.

 

Then, he took advantage of the tobacco break of the teacher to push me hard, making my elbow scratch on the floor and bleed a little as I fell. But, apparently, it wasn't enough for him so he trampled on my figurine trying to destroy it. That's how it came back, the heaviness, this heaviness in my chest that would bring endless tears in my eyes. I fought it, I fought it with all the willpower my little body could gather. I really wished I would be able to protect the thing I loved but I was just not strong enough and couldn't do nothing else than crying hard.

 

Behind the watery curtain obscuring my view, I saw SeungHyun stepping between me and my bully, threatening him with things that my sobbing prevented me to hear. The only thing I remembered was that he knelt beside me to kiss my cheek. The sobs instantly stopped as I felt my face blushing. And a smile twisted my mouth when I felt his hand in mine pulling me up on my feet.

 

You're so beautiful when you smile Hyung!”

 

Then he pecked my smiling lips and I think it was the exact moment I decided that as long as I have him holding my hand like now, I'll always smile!!

 

 


 

 

A/N: Sorry it's kind of short but I wrote it since I need fluff for starting the year..... so that what my mind come up to.... Hope you'll like it.... Don't hesiatate to tell me what you think of it....

Also the bully guys is pure OC but I wonder if it make you think of someone I'm kind of curious of who you imagine as this bad boy??? tell me in your comment if you don't mind....