Do you believe in second chances?

Second Chances

 

It was the fourth Friday in a row that you were at his place and the third month of you guys dating - well, you weren't exactly sure this counted as dating since you hardly went out; you mostly saw each other at secluded coffee shops or visited each other's apartments in secret. You guys texted and called each other almost everyday though, and it meant a lot to you that he made time for you in his busy schedule. He even started kissing you - forehead kisses, cheek kisses, neck kisses. He was acting exactly like he did when you guys were in a relationship in college - being an idol didn't change him at all. You were incredibly happy he was still the kind and considerate gentleman you fell in love with, because it felt like you were falling for him all over again. 
 
~
 
He had his arm around you and every now and then would lean over and kiss your cheek. You hardly noticed though because your mind was busy. You've had a question in need of being answered for some time now. After debating with yourself for a few more minutes, you finally mustered up the courage to say something. "Siwon, can I ask you something?"
 
"Sure."
 
"Um...are we a couple again?" you asked. 
 
He paused before answering, then finally said, "I don't know."
 
You frowned. "What do you mean? You flirt and kiss me, but it's like we're not 'officially' together? You're giving me mixed signals now." 
 
"I'm sorry, it's just because..." He hesitated and took his arm off of you. "We broke up for a reason. We broke up before because I was possibly going to become an idol and I don't know if you want to date again because I am an idol now, or because you really do love me. I don't know your intentions anymore."
 
You stared at him in disbelief. "You think I'm here for your money? You think I only like you because you're famous and rich?"
 
"Well, I don't know, that's why I'm ask-"
 
"I thought you knew me better than that" you abruptly cut him off. "When we were together before, your family was already wealthy, but I dated you because I liked who you were. I fell in love with your personality, not your wallet. Why would you think that I was only with you for your money?" You looked away from him. You felt so hurt, but you didn't want to cry in front of him. 
 
"______, I'm sorry, that sounded mean, but you have to understand. I'm just trying to stay safe. Being an idol for a few years changes your view on things. I don't know about you, but I haven't been in a relationship since being with you. One reason is because I have to be cautious with everyone I meet. Sometimes I don't know whether a girl likes me, or just wants to be with me because she knows I can get her anything she wants."
 
"But you know me." You looked him straight in the eyes. "Was I ever like that in our 3 year relationship before?"
 
"No" he admitted. "But over time, people change."
 
"But I didn't, Siwon. I didn't change, and neither did my feelings for you either" you confessed. "I never truly moved on from you, okay? I missed you every single day that we weren't together, but I kept telling myself that this was how it was supposed to be. I never was with anyone after you either. How could I? I was with the best when I was with you. No one else compared to you because I knew that you were the perfect person for me. And now look, 3 years later I feel like fate has brought us together again, but you won't accept it."
 
Siwon didn't say anything at first; instead, he stood up and held his arms open. "Come here" he said and you were engulfed in a warm, tight embrace. He kissed the top of your head. "I feel the same way" he said. "I missed you so much. Even if I was exhausted from practice, I couldn't sleep because I missed you. I would stay up all night just thinking about you and me. You don't know how many times I wanted to dial your number just to hear your voice. Do you know the other reason why I never dated anyone after you? It was because even with all the female celebrities I met, none of them were as amazing as you. I knew you were the only one for me, but I don't know why I was being so hesitant to admit it. I'm sorry." He pulled away and looked in your eyes. "But now, God gave me a second chance with you, and this time I'm not going to let you go." He smiled. 
 
"So we're getting back together?" you said, happily. 
 
"Yes. And staying together."
 
You gave him the biggest smile. "I love you so much." 
 
"I love you even more." Then he took your face in his hands and kissed you.