In the Rain

Singing in the Rain
in the rain:

The rain pounded on the side of the building as the two pretty girls sat down to watch the television. It was a gloomy and rainy Saturday that the girls were supposed to go to practice and record. Their voices were heavenly after all. 

"Rain washes over South Korea, making it nearly impossible to drive anywhere!" The loud reporter exclaimed, her face as straight as can be. "Korea's rain season is among us, and at its worst. The only way you'll be getting anywhere is if you bundle up tight and make a run for it."

"It looks like we can't go anywhere today," Soyeon said, sighing as the broadcast finished. 

Qri sighed as well. "It looks like it."

The two girls' eyes met as they both settled onto the couch. "I really wanted to practice. Our Queen's are looking forward to our new album. We are disappointing them," Soyeon solemnly admitted. 

"It's not our fault," Qri defended, not wanting the other girl to be sad. She grabbed Soyeon's hand and led her off of the couch. She put on her raincoat and instructed Soyeon to do so as well. 

"We can't actually go out there!" Soyeon exclaimed. "The reporter said it's too dangerous to drive anywhere and the roads have been closed anyways."

"Shh." Qri put a finger to , grabbing Soyeon's wrist with her other hand. "Let's go," she said, once the two were all suited up.

They danced down the many stairs of the apartment building, not a word being said, and once they got outside they knew what to do. Everyone was looking sad, they were rushing about to get to their jobs or errands in time and not one person had a smile on their face. Soyeon looked Qri in the eye, finally understanding what she wanted to do. 

"I'm singing in the rain," Qri started, her soft voice floating through the streets and causing everyone to look their way. She looked at Soyeon.

Soyeon looked slightly confused for a moment. Qri expected a smile to form but it didn't. She wasn't sure whether or not Soyeon would want to sing like this, she hadn't thought of it either. Maybe Soyeon would have rather spent the day inside, watching a movie or two. Qri's heart fluttered. She thought she was doing something nice for Soyeon, but maybe Soyeon wouldn't think of it the same way.

"Just singing in the rain."

Qri looked back at Soyeon as the familiar melodic voice boomed out.  A wave of relief passed through Qri, she did like it. 

Together, they continued the song. "What a glorious feelin'. I'm happy again."

As they sang together, Qri felt her heart lift. People started to cheer and clap for them as the two twirled around in the streets, singing their hearts out.  They removed their rain hats and laughed as their hair soaked. 

As they neared the finish of the song, Qri stopped to whisper in Soyeon's ear. 

"I'm so happy here with you."

Soyeon slightly blushed as she took on a small solo. "Why am I smiling, and why do I sing? Why does September seem sunny as spring? Why do I get up each morning and start? Happy and head up with joy in my heart Why is each new task a trifle to do?"

Qri readied herself and took a deep breath in. 

"Because I am living a full life with you."

 


Don't forget to comment, upvote, and  Subscribe to Story