Forever & Always

Runaway

We have just finished our rehearsal for ASAP. This Sunday will be my celebration for my birthday and I'll sing the acoustic version of 'Runaway' with Sam Milby granting the request of our fans.

I am talking with Maja in the dressing room when suddenly, this topic came up.

"Mahfriend, kelan mo ba kasi sasagutin si Papa Sam? It's been two years since nagbreak kayo ni Ge. It's about time na sumaya ka na noh! And mahfriend, I'm telling you, napakaswerte mo jan kay Papa Sam! Hunk na, Fil-Am na, gwapo na, mabait na,at sweet pa! Kung makatitig pa sa'yo parang matutunaw ka. Ano pa ba kulang?"

"Eh yung fans ka---"

"Anong fans pinagsasasabi mo? Hello!? Mahfriend, KimSam ang hottest loveteam ngayon. I'm sure they will like it if naging kayo. They were expecting that you two will end up together."

"Mahfriend, may KimEralds pa din, remember?"

"I know, pero for reel lang kasi they know what's the real score between you and Ge. I'm sure they will understand."

I looked at her and sighed.

"Mahfriend, are you scared to fall in love again?"

"No. But---"

Again, she cut me.

"Then give it a try! I know you moved on."

Yeah. She really knows me well. Imagine, she's always there when I started showbiz. She's there when Ge and I are dating, when we became together, when we start to argue about small things, when we start to shout on each other and when we broke up. And she's here when Sam is courting me.

"Sam and I talked about this. We take things slowly. Ganyan muna para in the end walang masaktan kung hindi mag work yung relationship namin."

"Eh mahfriend, how would you know kung magwo work if you don't take the risk? Life is short. Kita mo nangyari kay Aj. Gawin mo ang gusto mo. Follow your heart."

Again, I sighed. She has a point there.

"Ganto na lang, pag-isipan mo yan ng mabuti. Sa Sunday 24 ka na. You're not teenagers anymore. And one more thing, Sam can't wait forever. Mapapagod din yan. In the end, pag 'di mo pa sya sinagot ikaw din ang mahu hurt. I know you love him. Your eyes and actions towards each other can't lie. I think I should go. He's coming. Pag-isipan mo yan ng mabuti, mahfriend. See ya later!"

Before I can thank her, she left. I can see from the corner of my eye that Sam is going to approach me.

"Hey, did I....interrupt something?"

"Nah. Just talking."

"About me? Uyyyy! Wag mo ako masyado isipin. Pati sa dreams mo masasama ako nyan. But I'm sure you'll like it. Diba? Diba?" he teased.

That is one thing I loved about him. He can lighten the mood whatever it is and make me smile effortless.

"Kapal! Hindi noh. Private yun and hindi 'bout sa'yo. By the way, why are you here?"

"Turuan na kita ng chords ng 'Runaway'. Alam mo naman si Mr. M, gusto super ready tayo and I want to spend time with you. Game?" 

"Tara!"

 

Say it's true, there's nothing like me and you 
Not alone, tell me you feel it too 
And I would runaway 
I would runaway, yeah 
I would runaway 
I would runaway with you 

 

Yes. I would runaway with you, Sam.

 

Cause I have fallen in love 
With you, no never have 
I'm never gonna stop falling in love, with you 

 

I looked a him while singing. Then he suddenly looked at me and mouthed me the word "I would runaway with you". I suddenly looked away and smiled. I saw him giggle.

 

Close the door, lay down upon the floor 
And by candlelight, make love to me through the night 
Cause I have runaway 
I have runaway, yeah 
I have runaway, runaway 
I have runaway with you 

 

I blushed. I don't know but I'm affected by the lyrics of the song. I imagine making love with him through the night....and...NO! Stop!

 

Cause I have fallen in love 
With you, no never have 
I'm never gonna stop falling in love, with you 

 

The song ended. I heard the audience cheering, clapping and shouting the word "We Love You KimSam!!". I can see at the back there are banners made for us. I looked at Sam and I see him smiling at the fans. Waving at them. I smiled. He is a very down-to-earth person. Then he looked at me, this time, I look back. We stayed like that for minutes. Right then, Maja and Matteo came out from the backstage.

"Happy Birthday, Mahfriend!!!" she hugged me.

"Happy Birthday, Kim!" one of my leading man in Binondo Girl, Matteo, greeted me and kissed me on the cheek.

"Thankyou, guys."

"So, Kim, kanino mo ba gusto i-dedicate yung song na 'Runaway'? Would you runaway with whom ba?"

"Sam!!!" I heard the crowd says.

"Kanino?" Maja asked them giving them the microphone.

"Sam!!!!!" they shouted. Louder than the first.

"Sam daw, mahfriend. Siya nga ba?"

I looked at Sam and saw him looking at me. He seems like nervous and I don't know why.

"Ha? Ano..hindi ko alam." I said shyly.

"Ay! Me ganun mahfriend? Anyways, pasalamatan mo na lahat. Once a year lang toh. Go!"

I thank everything, everyone.

"...and I thank Sam for always being there for me."

"Yiheeeeeee! Kiss!!!!" says the fans who were going crazy.

"Teka, mahfriend. Kiss daw! Pagbigyan mo na. Birthday mo naman."

"Sure. Ako ba magki kiss?"

"Oo!!"

I near myself to Maja and act like I'll kiss her on the cheeks.

"Ay!!! Mahfriend, ano ba yan! Si Papa Sam po iki-kiss mo. Hindi ako."

The audience laughed so hard.

"Joke lang! Sam?"

"Go."

When I am very close to him, he turn his head and kissed me on the lips. Damn..he caught me! I start to chase him but failed. He's too fast and I'm wearing 2-inches high heels.

"Nakakarami ka na! Kanina ka pa!" ooops..Did I just say it that loud?

"Teka nga Kimberly Chiu, magtapat ka nga sa'kin. Ano yang kanina ka pa? Ibig sabihin sa backstage pa lang nagtutukaan na kayo?"Maja teased.

The crowd went crazy. Everybody's shouting.

"No! What I meant is..."

I didn't finish what I'm saying 'cause suddenly, the lights turned out. I know Maja and Matteo knew something 'cause they hurriedly walked out of the stage. There is only a circle light surrounding me. Then after seconds, another light came out and Sam was there. I looked at him curiously but didn't gave me answer nor a clue. He started to sing.

 

You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
You'd be like Heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.

Pardon the way that I stare.
There's nothing else to compare.
The sight of you leaves me weak.
There are no words left to speak,
But if you feel like I feel,
Please let me know that it's real.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.

 

He stare at me and I don't know what's happening to myself because I suddenly became conscious.

 

I love you, baby,
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, baby,
To warm a lonely night.
I love you, baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay
And let me love you, baby.
Let me love you.

 

The song ended and the light but I'm still in cloud nine. I don't know how to react. Only hearing the crowd cheer makes me back to my reverie.

"A-ano toh? San galing toh? Hindi naman toh kasama sa ni-rehearse natin ah."

"Happy Birthday, babe. Watch this."

Then something came out from the screen. It was my family picture with Sam last Christmas. We look so happy and inlove. Then videos of my family came out one by one greeting me a happy birthday and saying they want Sam for me. What is happening? Why every message involve Sam? I'm so embarrassed and I know Sam feel it 'cause he looked at me and hold my hand. I give a fake smile. And just when I thought it was over, another video from the screen came out. It was Sam giving his own message. "Chiu, Maligayang Kaarawan sa iyo. Tandaan mo andito ako parati para sa'yo. Hindi kita iiwan. At kita mo naman, boto ang pamilya mo sa'kin. Salamat sa pag-aalaga mo sakin pag may taping. Mahal kita. Hindi yan magbabago."

I laughed on how fluent he is on Tagalog and at the same time, teary eyed 'cause I am touched by his efforts-- going to Cebu just to take a video of my family and the messages they've given me, especially, his. And oh, how I love hearing it when he calls me "Chiu". He then turned me around so I can face him.

"Chiu, I hope you like it. Happy Birthday. I want to take this opportunity to tell you how much I love you. Since PBB, you've been my crush. We became close since then but remain friends 'cause you and Gerald were being paired that time. But, God is good. I got a chance to court you when you two broke up. I'm always there for you. Giving you everything--my time, my trust, my effort, my love. EVERYTHING. I gave you me. My whole life, Kim. Please let you be mine."

He kneeled infront of me and get something from his pocket. It's a diamond ring. This time, I am very nervous I can't even speak.

"Will you...be...my girl?"

Everyone was quiet. Waiting for my answer. They're eyes are on me. It looks like their life depends on my answer.

"Yes." I said shyly but enough for everyone to hear.

Sam put the ring on my finger and hugged me tightly.

"wohooooo!!!" the crowd can't stop from shouting.

"I love you, Chiu"

"I love you too."

Then he sealed it with a kiss.

Other artists came out and congratulate us.

I know this is the beginning of my new chapter in life with the man I love. Many problems will be faced. Many memories will be made. And I know, we will be together. Forever & Always.

Once again, we kissed passionately.

 

--End--

Please subscribe and comment below! Thanks! Hope you guys like it. It's my first time. LOL.