Chapter I [Those Moments]

The Friend Zone

Getting ready for a day out with her friends, was a young 21 year old girl with long brownish hair. Rummaging through her closet trying to find the perfect outfit for the day, she took notice that something was gone from her belongings. Quickly looking through her stuff to make sure her eyes weren't fooling her, she couldn't find it.

“Hebe! Breakfast is ready!” Her mother shouted from downstairs. Hearing the sound of her mother's voice Hebe quickly rushed out of her room.

“MOM! Where are all my shoes!” Hebe shouted as she ran down the stairs to find her mom at the kitchen table.

“Huh? I don't know, dear.” Ms. Tian said calmly as she placed breakfast on the table.

“Mom, I know it was you, who took them.” Hebe said with her arms crossed as she leaned on the door frame.

“Why would I take all of your shoes?” Ms. Tian asked, feeling offended as she too crossed her arms. “If I wanted you to stay, I would have faked an illness.”

“DAD! Mom is being unreasonable again!” Hebe shouted as she moved her arms and hands in a way it looked like she wanted to kill something.

“Hebe stop shouting!” Mr. Tian shouted as he walked into the kitchen.

“Geez, I wounder where I get it from??” Hebe asked as her father sat down at the table.

“Watch your mouth, young lady.” Mr. Tian said as he pointed at her.

“Sorry.” Hebe said as she rolled her eye. “I just don't understand why MOM has to be so unreasonable?” Glaring her eyes at her mother.

“How am I being unreasonable?” Ms. Tian asked as she sat down. “I just want you to stay here until you get married to a responsible young man.”

“And I told you that I want to see the world without you babying me.” Hebe said as she sat down to eat her breakfast.

“You can still see the world! As long as you stay here.” Ms. Tian said as she stab her eggs.

“I want to make my own living! I don't want to relay on dad and you for the rest of my life.” Hebe said as she too stabbed her plate.

“Both of you stop it!” Mr. Tian shouted as he slam his fork on the table. “Can't we just have a peaceful meal, just once!”

“She always starts its!” Ms. Tian shouted as she pointed to her daughter.

“Oh now we're playing the blame game!” Hebe shouted as she tossed her hands in the air and rolled her eyes.

“Stop it!” Mr. Tian shouted. “I had enough of this. You two are acting like teenagers!”

“Mom is the one acting like a teenager,” Hebe said as she pointed to her mom. “not me! I just want to be independent.”

“You are only 21 years old,” Ms. Tian said. “you are still a child.”

“Mom, I am not a child.” Hebe tried to reason with her stubborn mom.

“I told you two, ENOUGH!” Mr. Tian shouted once more. “Janet dear, I think Hebe is old enough to make her own decides.”

“But!”

“No, buts!” Mr. Tian said. “It's time we let her make her own mistakes.”

“Fine.” Ms. Tian said as she rolled her eyes.

“But Hebe there is one condition.” Mr. Tian said.

“What?” Hebe said.

“You have to wait until next semester starts.” Mr. Tian said.

“So you want me to stay this summer and then move out.” Hebe said.

“Yes.” Mr. Tian said.

“Okay, fine. I can wait.” Hebe said.

“Good.” Mr. Tian said with a smile. “By the way, I put your shoes in the closet in the bathroom.”

“What?” Hebe nearly shouted. “You were the one who took my shoes!”

“I told you I didn't do it!” Ms. Tian said in a winning tone.

‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰

“Hahaha!” A girly girl laughed as her frustrated friend told her the event that happen this morning.

“It's not funny!” Her friend shouted at her.

“Okay, okay. I'm sorry.” The girl said as she calm down her laughter. “I just can't believe that your dad did that.”

“Selina! I am dead serious, this is not funny!” Her friend said with a deathly glare.

“Cool it Hebe.” The girl named Selina said. “At least your parents are gonna let you move out.” Hebe just rolled her eyes at her friend as she crossed her arms over her chest. That is when she realize something was missing, more like someone was missing.

“Where is Ella?” Hebe asked as she looked around for her other friend that was suppose to be at the cafe by now.

“I don't know.” Selina said as she too look around for their other friend. “I told her to meet us here.” As if she had over heard her two friend specking of her, there she was, running in their direction.

“I'm sorry, I'm late.” Ella said, breathlessly as she sat down.

“What took you so long?” Selina asked as she hand Ella her cup of water to drink. Ella just gave her the look, the look of 'don't even get me start' look. Selina and Hebe gave a Ella their famous smirk as they turn to look at each other and back at Ella.

“Shut up!” Ella slightly shouted as she blow up her cheeks and avoided eye contact with them.

“We didn't say anything.” Selina and Hebe said in a teasing tone with their smirks still visible on their faces.

“Your faces says it all!” Ella said grumpily.

“So does yours!” Selina and Hebe said as they pointed at her.

“Oh shut up.” Ella said as she scrunched up her face. Her two friend could only burst into laughter as she turn a deep red.

‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰

Still sleeping peacefully in bed, not wanting to wake up one bit, was a young 18 year old boy with short black hair. Groaning at the sound of his alarm clock, he slapped his right hand on the snooze button and went right back to sleep. It wasn't long until the another sound had bother his sleep once again, this time, it was his phone. Lazily looking for his phone with his eyes still closed, he starched his arm towards his bed stand. Finally getting hold of his phone he answered it and was woken by the annoying sound of his friend's voice. “Aaron! Where the hell are you?! It's one o'clock already!?” Jolting up from his bed, the boy named Aaron mentally cursed himself for oversleeping once again. “Dammit! How pissed off is he?” Aaron asked as he rushed out of his bed to grab his towel and in the process he tripped over himself. Aw! ! Aaron mentally cursed.

“So pissed off that, once I get a hold of you, you're as good as dead!” Someone on the other line shouted. Aaron gave a cheeky grin. Even though the other person couldn't see it, he bowed his head apologetically.

“I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!” Aaron said repeatedly. “I promise that this is the last time.”

“Last time my ! This is the third time in a row, Aaron!”

“Oh come on, Jerry!” Aaron whined. “It's only the second time!” The person name Jerry let out a heavy sigh, before replying back to Aaron. “Look Aaron, I can't keep covering for you anymore. And neither can Calvin. This is the last time, so get your over here.” Smiling over the phone, Aaron quickly thanked his brother, before hanging up. “Thank you, Jerry! I owe you big time!”

‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰

Sighing even more after hanging up on his younger brother, Jerry handed the man next to him, his cellphone back. “Man, what are we gonna do about him?” Jerry asked no one in particular.

“Well, I think it would be a huge lost to us if we fire him.” The man standing next to him answered. Jerry shot his friend a death glare. His friend quickly put his hands up in the air. “Hey! I'm just saying.” Jerry let out another heavy sigh. He knew his friend was right. It would be a huge lost if they fired someone as talented as Aaron. “You know Jerry, you can always just let Aaron go back to school and learn more...”

“What more does that kid need to know!?” Jerry asked with sarcasm. “That kid is a genius!”

“Jerry, just hear me out. Aaron is only 18 years old. He needs to be one. He shouldn't even be here helping out the company.” His friend said. “He should be hanging out with kids his age. He should be dating for god sake!”

“Calvin, do you think I don't know that!” Jerry said as he yet again released another sigh. “I tried to get him to hang out with kids his age but in the end those kids just tell him that he's strange and they don't want to hang out with him again. Its even worst when it comes to dates. The girls tell him that he's hot looking but when he opens his mouth to talk...” Jerry sighed as he shook his head.

“Damn.” Calvin said. “Kid, get a tough life.” Jerry looked over at Calvin and gave him the 'you don't even have to tell me' look. Then they heard a soft knock on the door. Both men turned to the door as Calvin told the person outside the door to come in. “Come in.” It was none other than Aaron, himself. “Speck of the devil.”

“Hi..” Aaron greeted quietly.

---------------------------------------------
Yay! I finally wrote the first chapter! Sorry for the
long wait, it was kinda hard to start it without
them meeting and all. but i finally figure out where
i wanted to start! xD anyways its kinda a short chapter
but at least its something right? please tell me what
you guys think? and i know some of you may not like the
age difference but i just want to do some thing different.
anyways until next time. please comment. ^^
`
`
`
`
`
`
US Time 2012/7/18