Kang Minhyuk; The Breakup

Our Life Stories

So the first chapter, starts off with my bias in CNBLUE. This one-shot is based on the emotional teaser for their new album. So hope this is good. :'D Enjoy~ KANGMINHYUKFEELS.

 


 

With a soft sigh, “I’m sorry... But we’re over.”

 

The cup of hot coffee dropped to the wooden tilled floor, spilling them all over the broken shards of glass. Facial features of the 22 year-old male turned pale, pupils dilating and pulse rate increased upon hearing the words that just came out from the mouth of his beloved one. “W-What...?”

 

She kept her head hung low, letting her long hair cover her saddened features. He slumped deeper into his seat as he glanced out the window, trying to hold his tears back. Right elbow used the hand-rest of the chair to support his trembling hand as he placed a finger by the brim of his quivering lips. He knew it was going to happen, soon. Unfortunately he never expected that it would be this soon.

 

Things were happening too fast for him, it’s only been their 18th month together. He thought they were going to last until they day they die. He actually thought of them to build their own family, to have the two kids that she has always wanted. He wanted to cradle their first child in his arms. He really thought all of that were going to happen. Then, things started to go down the drain.

 

He still loved her too much to let her go. She still meant everything to him, and the thoughts of her leaving this soon wasn’t really what he had in mind. Sure, the spark in their relationship started to die out. Even so, he still tried his best to make this work, to get that spark back to when they first loved each other.

 

What has caused that spark to die out? Was it him that made things unbearable for her? Was it about the things that he had prepared for their every date that made her feel uncomfortable? Has her love for him died out?

 

All these thoughts sounded incoherent to him. He tried to keep his mind steady to think of a proper reason to why she wanted to end it so suddenly, when it was only the night before when she said her ‘I love you’s to him.

 

“I’ve tried so hard…” He started, lightly clenching his teeth, “To keep this relationship work…” then turned his glance to the woman sitting right across him with her head still hung low, and avoiding eye contact with the man she once loved. Never came a reply from her.

 

After mere minutes of silence, she then gathered the courage to lift her head up only to meet gazes with her ‘lover’, “I’m really sorry oppa…” she started. He didn’t voice out another word, his gaze to her was sad. More than sad, those eyes of his were more than enough to tell her how depressed he was.

 

“Why…?” He softly called out before she was about to walk out of her seat. She stopped and turned to him, “Why are you leaving…?” tears started to blur his vision and he kept a straight gaze on her. Silence then filled the ears of the couple; he then put his hand to his chest and gripped his dark grey sweater tight. “Why can’t you see how much you’re hurting me right now?” Shutting his eyes tight, letting a tear stain his defined cheek as he continuously hits his chest, over and over again, in hopes that it’ll ease down emotionally painful feeling. “It hurts…” he chants softly to himself. It hurts…

 

On her heels, she turned back on him and got her way out of the place before things could get any worse. Our fights have never been this painful. I never imagined that our breakup can ever be this painful. Goodbye… My love… He stared out the window as his tears dried up along with his emotions.