Chapter 1: Encounter

Love is so interesting. :3

Yunho was the last to leave the office, as usual. His business partners would always vanished after 7pm for dinner and never to return until the next day. Given that he lacked a social life, no loved ones and no social gatherings, work was the only thing that mattered. His stomach grumbled loudly. Skipping dinner was not wise. He packed up his things and walked towards the café near the office for a quick bite before driving home.

He pushed the doors and the bells chimed. He looked around and saw that his favourite spot, by the window was unoccupied. He walked up to the counter, decisions-made, and prepared to order. The boy tending to the cashier was in disarray. It was his first time working this late, he assumed. Yunho waited patiently. The boy looked up and for once, Yunho was stupefied.

Yunho’s P.O.V.

Is this heaven? Who is this angel I see before me? Eyes that sparkled like stars in the night sky. Hair that were in the right places. His cheek bones were delicate and tender. Tall and slender too. But the cherry on top was his lips. Oh, perfect for kissing. Wait.. He is talking… I could not hear it but I think a nod or two will do the trick. And woah.. He smiled.. A heart-melting, jelly-leg inducing smile… He turned to the kitchen to get the food ready, I think.

Sigh… His back was just as amazing. He had a waist meant for my arms to hug around. A smooth neck dying to be touched by my lips.. He returned with a large tray. He keyed in a few numbers and I just grabbed whatever I had in my wallet and passed it to him. He gave me a perplexed, bemused look. What? Hmm? He extended his hand.. Oh, yes the change. His hand was so warm and smooth. My heart shuddered in delight. I grabbed the tray and moved towards the closest table to the counter. Taking a breath, I look down on what I bought.. There was a lot of food….

Changmin’s P.O.V.

Aish… Tending to the cash register is so annoying and worst still is when there is a customer… I looked up to see a guy about 2 years my senior.. He just gave me the blank stare. Oh great.. A customer who has yet to make up their mind. I asked if he wanted the nightly special.. He just nodded. I turned my back and heaved a sigh of relief. That was not too bad.

I passed the tray to him. The guy just continued staring at me. I almost forgot to charge him.. I keyed in the price and he handed me a wad of cash. It was five times the price of the meal. I returned the change and wow, his touch was warm and comforting. “Thank you for your patronage and come again soon”, I said before taking a break in the kitchen. Perhaps, I reminded him of someone, I mused to myself.

Regular

Yunho could not stop staring at the boy at the cashier. He was absolutely perfect. As he picked up food and eat while staring, soon, he bit his own finger. The tray was empty. He ate everything without even noticing. His mind was filled with questions. Who was that boy? What is his name? When will I see him again?

The manager clapped his hands and announced that the café/restaurant was closing. Yunho walked out, crossed the street, flipped out his phone, leaned against a tree trying to make it looked like he was making a long phone call. Yet, that was not his true intention. It was to spy on that angel of a boy. Minutes later, lights were off and the boy left. Like a ninja, Yunho tailed the boy. The boy turned into a dark alley.

Yunho crept closer and he heard a cry for help. Two thugs were trying to mug the angel. Yunho charged towards them without any hesitation and shouted. At once, the thugs released the boy and ran off. Yunho approached the boy. He was covered with bruises. Even with bruises, Yunho thought the boy looked dashing. He asked the boy if he could stand up. The boy tried but fell back. His ankle was sprained. Yunho offered to piggy back the boy to the nearest clinic.

The boy initially refused but realizing no other alternative, he relented. He suggested that his apartment was closer. Yunho carried the boy on his back. The boy smelled so delectable. Roasted coffee beans with a hint of the shampoo he used earlier today. As they walked, the boy introduced himself as Changmin. Yunho did the same. Changmin was very apologetic for making a stranger carry him but Yunho brushed it off as helping out a friend in need.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the apartment. It was rather spacious and lightly decorated with plants and photos of Changmin and another guy. Yunho placed Changmin onto the sofa. Changmin informed Yunho that the first aid kit was in the cabinet in the bathroom. The bathroom had two sets of everything. Changmin had his name written on everything he owned, even his toothbrush. He saw Changmin’s towel and his face turned scarlet, when he imagined the boy drying himself after a hot shower.

He brought the first aid kit and began tending to Changmin’s wounds. Feeling awkward, Changmin began talking about the day’s events. Just as Yunho finished bandaging Changmin’s ankle, the main door swung opened. It was the boy from the pictures. He entered the living room, bade them good night and made his way to his room. Changmin said that his roommate’s name was Jaejoong. He then yawned and said that it was about time Yunho left and time for him to sleep. After helping Changmin to his room, they bade each other good night and left.

Yunho’s P.O.V.

What a of luck to be able to hold him and even talk to him. His voice was so warm and it felt  like an endless caress. And oh, the way he yawned. It was so cute. Sigh… Today is the best day of my life. An encounter with such an amazing person. I do hope that his ankle would heal by tomorrow. And that Jaejoong character gives a strange vibe.. I should be aware of him. Yawn. Yawn.. Yes, time to sleep… Good night, world. Sleep tight and may you have wonderful dreams, Minnie…

Changmin’s P.O.V.

He left. Yunho really left.. Sigh.. Why do I feel sad though? Probably because he was so nice to me though he was an absolute stranger. He was strong and even carried me home. And he was so easy to speak to him. He was just that approachable and I could relax in his presence. I managed to tell him everything that happened today. Wow.. And he had the gentlest touch, so delicate and careful. Darn! Jaejoong should have not come home so soon. I could have spoken more to Yunho-hyung… Well.. It’s late.. Yawn… Time to rest up… I have school tomorrow too…Yunho-hyung, I really hope to see you soon…

SORRY FOR THE WAIT THOUGH.