Dirty Sleeves

Butterfly Garden

 

 

 

 

 

"It’s never too late for us to start again.  It’s never been too late.. please, accept my apology and make fantasies with me again.. I promise you this time, those fantansies.. those fantasies, I will make them real for..just for you Dara, I promise.. just for you.”

 

I never expect those words from him, not from that jerk, not from Kwon Jiyong.  Yes. Kwon Jiyong.  The well-known guy ever existed. When he rides and plays his skateboard, girls go crazy leaving them drooling by this hottie. Ladies dreams of having him on their bed.. even just for a night, just for a second. They won’t mind how short or how long he’ll stay with them as long as he is Kwon, a second feels like a year to them. 

 

Every girl dreams of him as her prince charming, as her boyfriend, as her man but not me- not Dara Park. I don’t find him as hot as other girls say.  I don’t find him handsome as girls scream how good-looking he is.  In short, I don’t like like him. I don’t like him not because of he’s popular; Not because he’s the campus heartthrob; Not because he turns othe guys down.  I hate him because he is Jiyong—he is the man who broke my heart for the first time.

 

 

 

-------

 

 

“Dara, let’s go there! I want to catch those butterflies. Hurry Dara! Hurry! I want to catch it for you!”  Ji ran and chased the butterflies. 

“Here, stop crying now Dara.  I didn’t mean to hurt you.  I didn’t mean to play with another girl.  I’m sorry I failed to catch the butterfly for you.” Ji said, holding me a leaf of a flower.  He didn’t pick the flower because he knows I won’t like it- that I will be mad because flowers are important for the butterflies.

“You told me, you will not go and play with Bom again.  You promised me Ji! You promised me I’m your only girl playmate.” I said while wiping the tears on my cheeks. 

Jiyong just smiled.  He helped me to wipe the tears using the sleeve of his shirt.

“Here, you can blow here.” Ji said while smiling, giving me a part of his shirt.  “Come on D.. blow here, if you will not do it, you’’re face will be messy and I won’t like it.  It will make you not pretty anymore.” He teased.

I didn’t hesistate to refuse.  I blew up on his shirt.  I smiled and accepted the leaf he was giving me.  “You always clean up my mess Ji.  You never get tired of dirting your shirt for me.  You never get tired of keeping your hands away from the flowers.”

Jiyong just smiled and held my hand.

“Don’t mind it.  I won’t get tired of doing it for you, now am I forgiven?”

I pinched his nose and nodded. And we held our way home before the sun sets.

 

 

--------

 

I looked at him. Straight to his eyes.  I can’t believe those eyes are now in tears.  Kwon Jiyong is crying.  I can see the pain in him- the sincerety. But I’m still hurt, I can’t just let him to win me back and hurt me again.  After those times of having good memories, he just left me without even saying goodbye.  He disappeared like a bubble in my life.  After those sleepless nights, after those tears I cried, after the pain and boken heart, he is now in front of me; Trying to win back my trust; Tyring to win my love back and telling me how important I am to him.  STUPID.

 

“You will never understand me not until you permit me to take you out. Come and I’ll show you.” Ji grabbed my hands and forced me to ride on his car.  He was too strong, I can even resist his hold.  My hand hurt a bit when he let go of it.  Silence between us remained until he stopped the car and opened the door for me.  He led me the way.  The placce is somewhat familiar but I can’t remember it exactly.

 

“Where are we? What is this place?” I asked while putting my eyes on the surrounding, trying to my eyes from seeing him.

 

“Don’t you remember this place? Don’t you remember Dara?”

 

His words reminded me of the place where we first saw the butterflies and the flowers.  The place where we left the good memories of us being happy together.

 

“Is this the place where.. where you used to bring me when you wanted me to forgive you for playing with Bom?” I asked him with confusions.

 

He smiled at me, yes he casted his sweetest smile.

 

“Yes. This is the same place, D.  The place where we made good memories together.”

 

The place is now different.  A lot of things has changed.  The flowers are now gone and the butterflies are now missing.  The trees had been replaced with buildings, the fowers with streets and the butterflies with smoke.

 

“This was all because of the new land owner.  He replaced our paradise with his.  When I heard from my father that he had sold it, I was so down Dara.  I got mad at him.  I’ve begged him not to sell this but he said, it’s to save our company.  I was so disappointed to him that pushed me to do decisions of my own.  I left our house.  I left my father’s crib. “ He said and looked away.   He held my hands and led me to the building. 

 

I was surprised.  The place is very beautiful.  The place is a butterfly-themed one.  There are real flowers inside, there are real butterflies and what caught her was the painting on the wall.  It’s me. 

 

“This is beautiful Ji.  How come that I am there?  How did the land owner knows about this place. About our paradise?” I asked him with a smile.

 

“This place had been too much important to me.  I promised myself that I will get it back.  I went to the US, trying to live by own.  I looked for work there and studied too.  I worked hard until I finished my course and got a good job there.   I got promoted and later on had my own company.  When I heard that the owner of this place is selling it again, I grabbed the opportunity.  I flight back here and took this place back.”

 

“So this is the reason why you left me? So this is the reason why I was broken for years?  So this is it all about, Ji? Why didn’t even bother to tell about this to me?  Why you let me this hurt?  You let me too to look stupid,  whispering your name at night, looking for you everywhere?”

 

“I know I was wrong.  I did not bother to tell it to you because I know, I knoq you will just aske me to stay and let this place be taken by that man forever.  I can’t give this place up that easily D, this place is my everything.  This place is my treasure.  For this place is where I met my princess, where I met you. And for the second time around please let me have you again.  Please be with me and let’s make memories in our new paradise Dara, please let me be a part of your life again.”

 

I remained silent.  I can’t believe he di this thing.  He sacrifice his everything for this. I looked at him and smiled.

 

“I never expect for these things Kwon.  I never know you love me this much.  I never know you will make these thing for me..  and I never forget the love I have for you. I still love you Kwon and I am willing to spend my life with you in our own paradise.”

 

When he saw me shredding tears, he offered me his sleeves and smiled sweetly. He still was the same man, the same Kwon Jiyong I know.  The one who will not mind getting his shirt dirty just to wipe away my mess.

 

“I’d rather wear a dirty shirt than seeing a dirt in your pretty face.  This is how much I love you.. this is how much I love my D, my jagiya.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This one shot is for my babies:

dizzyventura

MissTangerine

Majo401

ScarletARIA

 

Babies, mian. It's not that good but I did my best? LOL

Love you all equally! ^^

 

-Q.Unnie