Perfect night to be...

If I was the One for You

 

 

Her face buried on the soft foam of the sofa, Tiffany pulled up herself and slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes wandered in the sight of her living room while she asks herself why she was there. And for a moment, she remembered last night. She got up lazily onto her feet and went straight to the bathroom. She took a bath and put on her nicest clothes for the day. After finishing her make-up, she headed downstairs with her handbag on her right arm, full of things she needed for the day, and went to the kitchen. She was holding her cell phone on her right hand, which she was checking from time to time, expecting a call or a text message from Seunghyun.

 

While she was eating her breakfast, her phone suddenly rang.  As soon as she saw who was calling, she answered it. “Hello?”

 

The other guy from the other line answered. “Hello, beautiful. Good morning.”

 

“Good morning.” Tiffany said, eating the cereals she prepared.

 

“Sorry, did I wake you up?”

 

“No. Did you have your breakfast yet?”

 

“Yeah, I’m done. How about you?”

 

“Almost.” She said, as she put one last spoon of the cereal in . “Are you at work?”

 

“Yes. I’m here at Jeju Island but I’ll be back to Seoul later and we’ll have dinner at 9:00 pm. Okay?

 

“Okay, I need to go. I’ll see you later. Take care, I love you.” Tiffany said as she puts her empty bowl on the sink.

 

“I love you too. Goodbye.”

 

Tiffany hanged up the phone at once. She was not in the mood that morning and doesn’t know why.

 

She locked up the house and left for work. She drives herself to her coffee shop first. Upon arriving, she parked her car in front of the coffee shop and went inside. At first look, it seems like it hasn’t change like it was yesterday, many people keeps on arriving, except for the banners and balloons that have been removed.

 

Staffs greeted her good morning. Tiffany approached a lady in her mid-40s by the cashier, who was smiling at her. It was her aunt who’s taking over the coffee shop when Tiffany needed to go to work.

 

“Good morning.” Aunt Sandra greeted her.

 

She let out a sigh first before she finally greeted her aunt back and her aunt noticed.

 

“Are you okay?” she asked, looking at her niece who seems to be absent-minded at the moment.

 

Tiffany nodded.

 

“You look awful, tired—Are you sure you’re alright?”

 

“I just don’t feel well today but I’m gonna be okay.” Tiffany answered, while she taps her finger on the counter absently.

 

“I think you should take a break today. Where is Seunghyun anyway?”

 

“At work. You know he can’t be with me all the time. He still has his own life sort of things to deal with.” Tiffany said. She stopped tapping her fingers on the table and calls one of her staff to make her a coffee and the she continued, “And sometimes I think I was being unfair. He always does things for me and what I have done for him was no match with those.”

 

“No one is being unfair. I can see you two look very happy. Have you guys ever thought of settling down for good?”

 

Tiffany just gave her aunt a questioned look. “Settle down?”

 

“Yes? As in marriage.”

 

Tiffany felt awkward to talk about things like that especially with her aunt. She hasn’t tried to talk about that thing before. Tiffany shrugged her shoulders. “Aunt, I feel awkward talking about things like that.” She said as she pouted her lips and looked down feeling embarrassed.

 

Aunt Sandra laughed at the kid-like Tiffany, standing near her. “You’re going to work?”

 

“Oh, yes.” She said as she glanced at her watch. “I need to go. Thanks for the short talk, Aunt Sandra.” She went to hug her aunt then took the coffee served for her and left. She walked towards the entrance, reach out for the door but failed for it was pulled by someone from outside. She didn’t stop walking that she almost hit the person, who opened the door, by half-inch.

 

“Oh, sorry.” The guy said.

 

She heard the person apologized but ignored him for she was in a hurry. She went straight to her car then drives.

 

Tiffany works as an editor of a well-known magazine for Fashion. As she enters the building and goes to her real office, everyone greeted her good morning. She sat on her office chair comfortably and reached out for the papers on her table then reads them.

 

A moment later, there was a knock on the door. She looked up and saw her close friend Yoona. “Good morning, sunshine.” Yoona greeted. She entered Tiffany’s office and placed some papers on the top of the table then sat on the chair just across Tiffany.

 

“Good morning.” Tiffany replied, smiling at her.

 

“Sorry for taking so long.” Yoona said with a guilty smile on her face.

 

“It’s okay.” Tiffany answered plainly as she continued reading the papers on her hands.

 

Yoona noticed Tiffany’s different mood.

 

“Are you okay?” Yoona asked.

 

“Uh-huh.”  Tiffany answered and after a few seconds she let out a sigh, resting her back and looked at her friend. “Why is everybody asking me if I’m okay?”

 

Yoona shrugged her shoulders. “Well, honestly, you look terrible like you hadn’t slept for days!”

 

“I just feel don’t well today. I don’t know why. But it’s nothing really.” She faked a smile.

 

“Yeah, forget that frown coz tonight’s our girl’s night out! Taeyeon and Yuri called and—”

 

“Wait. Tonight? Oh, I forgot. I’m sorry.”

 

Yoona stopped and nodded.

 

“I can’t go. Seunghyun and I have plans already.” Tiffany added.

 

“What?! Tiffany, everything’s planned with Taeyeon and Yuri.” Yoona said, her smile turn into a disappointed look. “And Seunghyun just had you full time yesterday.”

 

“I’m so sorry. You can go on without me.”

 

“You know we can’t.” Yoona said, crossing her arms. “I’ll just call Yuri later and tell her to cancel, just promise we’ll go tomorrow.”

 

“I promise.”

 

“So, where you guys up to tonight? Hey, Tiff, may I borrow this?” she took the stapler near Seunghyun and Tiffany’s framed photograph displayed on Tiffany’s table and stared at it for a few seconds. She had always admired how sweet the couple was.

 

“He said we’ll have dinner, just that.”

 

“I’m telling you, girl’s night out is better.” She said as she got up on her feet, looking at her friend, who was now smiling. “I need to go and finish stuffs, thanks for this. See you at lunch. And keep that smile, much better” Yoona waved her right hand at Tiffany then left the office.

 

All morning, Tiffany just read all the articles passed to her, reviewing every single word because all of it will be publish in the next month’s issue so it has to be perfect.

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

It’s almost past 1 o’clock in the afternoon and Seunghyun just finished his lunch meeting with his investors. In a few hours more, he’ll be leaving the island for Seoul and thought of calling Tiffany. He took out his phone from his pocket, ready to call Tiffany’s number but suddenly, his phone rang. It was Seungri calling.

 

“Yes, hello?” Seunghyun answered.

 

“Hey dude!” From the other line were Seungri and Jiyong. Seungri was phone on loud speaker so Jiyong could hear it Seunghyun too. “We just read your text! And wow! Are you sure about it? We’re very happy for you!”

 

Seunghyun chuckled. “Chill out Seungri. She hadn’t said yes yet.”

 

“But dude! For sure, she will!” Seungri said, he was almost yelling at the phone.

 

“Thanks for that though, I feel confident.”

 

“You should be dude and one more thing, Hangang Park riverside? Renting the whole place for tonight? That’s—”

 

Jiyong suddenly interrupted and finished Seungri’s sentence. “Very expensive.”

 

Seunghyun heard Jiyong and laughed while Seungri rolled his eyes and finished his sentence on his own. “That’s awesome! I can feel the love tonight.”

 

“Hey, I didn’t rent the whole place, just the most romantic part of it. So, Seungri, don’t exaggerate yourself please.”

 

“But still, that’s big time. I thought they don’t allow that.”

 

“Well, just luck. It took patience and many more to have the place.”

 

“Oh this is awesome! We should have a video.”

 

Seunghyun can’t stop laughing at his friend. “Seungri, I think you’re more excited than I do.”

 

“Seunghyun, this is your fault! Seungri is totally going crazy right now!” Jiyong said, with his loud voice for Seunghyun to hear.

 

“I’m not. Shut up Jiyong.” Seungri said. “So, we’ll see you tonight with your great news, okay?” he added.

 

“Of course! You can watch if you want but from far away. Invite her girl friends too, she’ll be happy.”

 

“Okay sure. I’ll see you later dude! Goodbye.”

 

“Goodbye.”

 

They both hang up the phone then Seunghyun searched for Tiffany’s number but then his assistant approaches him.

 

“Excuse me, sir.” Mr. Park approached.

 

Seunghyun turned to face Mr. Park. “Yeah?”

 

“I’m sorry, sir. But I checked Jeju International Airport and they said there are no more available flights to Seoul for today. The next flight will be tomorrow morning.” Mr. Park said, looking down.

 

“Is there any other airport around here? I really need a quick transpo or anything just to get back to Seoul later.”

 

“And again sir, I’m sorry but I’ve also checked the nearest airports around this island but all were fully booked for today.”

 

“Oh no.” Seunghyun sighed. He thinks for a minute and came up with an idea. “Oh I’ll drive.”

 

“Sir?” Mr. Park was surprised with his idea. He thought he heard Seunghyun wrong, but not.

 

“How many hours it’ll take to drive to Seoul?”

 

“Uhm, sir—” He wanted to say something but instead he just searched the answer for his master’s question. “Sir, it’s a 5-6 hour-drive to Seoul.”

 

“Great. That will do. Now, ready me a boat, I just need to get to the mainland.” Seunghyun said.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

“Yoona, you need to make your work longer and use some simple words.” Tiffany said as she handed back Yoona’s work to her.

 

“I knew you would say that, I’ll give this to you tomorrow.” Yoona said and then she left.

 

Tiffany had finished reading her staff’s work and then she checked her phone if there’s a message but there’s nothing. There’s nothing to do, she’ll have to wait for the next papers to be pass by her office mate. She stared blankly at their photo displayed on the table. On the photo were her and Seunghyun, his arms wrapped around her, hugging her tightly. Suddenly, Tiffany’s phone rang, it was Seunhgyun.

 

“Seunghyun.” She said as she answered the phone. “I miss you.”

 

“Oh, I miss you too. Had your lunch already?”

 

“Yes. And you?”

 

“Done and I’m going back.” Seunghyun said from the other line. He was walking with his assistant checking Seunghyun’s private boat. A man, almost the same height as him, wearing dirty clothes approaches him. The man was begging for some alms but Seunghyun pushed him away. “Hey stop!”

 

Tiffany, on the other hand heard him. “Seunghyun? What’s wrong?”

 

“Huh? Nothing, just some guy here—” he didn’t continued, he just walked and followed his assistant to the boat not knowing that the beggar followed him. “I’ll see you later okay? I love you so much.”

 

“I love you too.” She was about to hang up but she called for him again. “Seunghyun, I’ll wait okay? Be safe.” She said.

 

“You too, I love you.” Seunghyun answered and they hanged up.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany had been busier that afternoon that she didn’t notice the time. It was almost 7 o’clock and she remembered that she needed to ready herself for their dinner. She checked her phone and there was a text message from Yoona, she received it around two hours ago. She read the text message.  I have to go this early. I’m in hurry so I just sent you this. Enjoy the dinner with Seunghyun. Love lots. After reading the message, her phone suddenly blackout, the battery was empty. She put it in her bag and fixed things on her office. She set aside the papers she have read then left.
 

 

She drive-off straight to Hangang Park at the riverside because if she went home first, she’ll be late. It was a heavy traffic she experience on her half-way there. She wondered why Seunghyun picked the place. ‘What’s so special?’ she thought. And then she remembered what her aunt asked her this morning, about the settling down for good. ‘Impossible.’ She told her self.

 

She reached Han River at exactly 5 minutes before 9 o’clock. As she walks down to the park she noticed some lights that weren’t there when she visits the park for a walk. She thought Seunghyun must be the one behind it. She reached the most beautiful part of the park where you can see how the beautiful Han River Bridge is, the colorful lights along its sides reflecting in the water below. At the center part of the park, placed a table for two but Seunghyun wasn’t there yet instead a different man was standing by the table, it must be the waiter who will serve them she thought. She moves toward the table and the waiter pulled the seat for her and then she sat down. The waiter left at once.

 

Tiffany looked around expecting to see Seunghyun having his dramatic entrance but there’s nothing. Her thoughts about how Seunghyun will make his entrance made her smile a little but minutes have past but still there’s nothing. She was about to get her phone but remembered the battery was empty. The waiter didn’t show up either since she sat there. 15 minutes have past then 30 turns to hour, hour and a half and then two, but still no Seunghyun. Tiffany just thought maybe he caught up with the traffic that’s why he’s coming late but on the second thought, traffic and rush hour sure ended an hour ago. ‘What taking him so long?’ she thought as she glanced at her watch and finally made up with a decision of calling him on the payphone nearest by.

 

She got up on her feet and was about to leave when she heard somebody from behind called her.

 

“Tiffany.”

 

She immediately turned, excited to see someone she has been expecting for about two hours now but when she did, a different person was standing across her, Seungri.

 

Shocked, she walked towards him. “Seungri? What are you doing here?” she still asked even though she had a thought that maybe Seunghyun set this up.

 

“I w-was calling— you.” Seungri said, but Tiffany noticed there was a something on his voice.

 

“Sorry, my phone shut down. What’s wrong?” Tiffany said and then she looked around. “Uhm, where’s Seunghyun? I was waiting here for about two hours now.”

 

Seungri looked down, his fists closed. “I have s-something to t-tell you…”

 

 

----

 

A/N

hANG-ON THERE!

Well here. :] Finally I updated. Sorry for the slow update, I'm trying to put up the right words to describe everthing to make a better/beautiful story. I was having trouble with describing the place , I'm not from Korea so just imagine it yourself. kekeke. Its fiction anyway :]] thanks new subscribers!

 

@snsdsj-- Please wait for Siwon. hehe. maybe on the next chapter??

 

Hope you like the chapter. SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT

vote as well hehehe

 

THANKS FOR READING.