1/1

Checkmate!

Check Mate

YoungUp- For Youngjaesicecream.tumblr.com

Youngjae frowned as Jongup lost his tenth chess match in a row to Himchan. The younger male was just grinning along as Himchan used the same four move technique to best him time after time and the younger boy could never see it.

"Check Mate" Himchan declared and Youngjae watched his friend's crestfallen expression darken his features and the same sigh leave his parted lips.

"You win again hyung... I'm just too dumb to play" Jongup stood walking into the kitchen to get Himchan his 10th beer. Himchan snickered and cracked the beer's pull-tab as Jongup plopped himself in front of the television.

"Hey Himchan hyung can I play you? I haven't played in so long that I need to replenish some of my stamina!" Youngjae sat at the card table where the chessboard was set up and began to reform his pieces.

"Sure Youngjae-yah but you have to be Black because I HAVE to be white." Himchan said as Youngjae took the seat opposite him. "White moves first...-" he said as he moved a knight out of position. "-And then we play!"

Youngjae had defeated Himchan quickly with very little loss on his part. Himchan looked almost scandalized as Youngjae checked him for the final time and by this time Jongup had left the room.

"I-I've never lost!... N-Never!" Himchan blubbered as youngjae packed up the chess set and slit it up with the rest of the games.

"Well you just did, Himchan-hyung. don't antagonize Jongup, you know he isnt very bright... He's never been good at chess." Youngjae said with a sound of contempt.

Youngjae walked to his room he shared with Daehyun and sighed sitting up on the top bunk of his bed. He rolled his eyes and just began to mutter to himself, he loathed Himchan and Himchan always antagonized Jongup. It made him angry.

"Hey JaeJae-yah... How are you feeling?" Daehyun asked as he reached up to pat hs friends hand. Daehyun was always trying to help Youngjae cope with Himchan and his huge crush on Jongup. Himchan and Jongup had been dating for a while now, almost since the Power promotions, but Youngjae had had a crus on the younger since before then. While they were still straining Youngjae had wanted nothing more than to be in the position of that arrogant heap, Himchan.

"Fine... I'm okay Daehyunnie hyung" Youngjae said as he jumped down fron the top bunk. He had been laying there for bit and when he walked out of their shared bedroom he saw it was later than he'd thought.

"Ngh! H-Himchan! Ah it feels so good!" Youngjae heard a deep husky voice mutter out with a moan. That isnt Jongup's voice... Youngjae mused as Himchan screamed.

"Y-Yongguk! I-I'm gonna-" Himchan was cut off by a deep moan and Youngjae dropped to his knees. He was sick and tired of it. He heard them in there and that as all he needed to know before his way forward was clear.

Youngjae stood up and began to walk toward the room that Jongup shared with the maknae Zelo and silently crept into his room. There was silence and Youngjae debated leaving before a soft sniffle came form Jongup's bed. Youngjae laid down beside him for a second and leaned down kissing his forehead lightly.

"H-Himchan..." Jongup said in his sleep and Youngjae's heart shattered. He knew the younger could never love him while Himchan had this obsessive compulsive hold over him.

Youngjae crept out of the room and walked back over to the room Yongguk and Himchan shared and smiled to himself when Yongguk said he woudl be right back for "round two"

Youngjae knew this was his only chance.

He slipped into the room and shut the door before Himchan could turn around and hit him in the mouth quickly.

"HOW DARE YOU KIM HIMCHAN!" Youngjae yelled, malice lacing his already husky voice. He grabbed Himchan by the collar and snarled as Himchan blubbered words of contempt mixed with disbelief.

"Go wake him up and TELL HIM you were cheating on him.... Now Kim Himchan!" Youngjae released him shoving him to the floor with a grunt and a bout of uncharacteristic strength.

"B-But Youngjae-yah its after m-m-midnight! H-He's asleep! W-Why should I wake him up now...?" Himchan asked backing away from Youngjae's advance.

"All the more reason... This way he'll know you're telling him the truth for once!" Youngjae said menacingly as Himchan's back has hit the wall. Youngjae was fuming, he had never seen such blatant disregard of ANYONE much less his Jongup. 'M-My Jongup?!... Y-Yes, I like the sound of that' he thought to himself as Himchan reached up to grabe the door handle with a surprising quickness.

Himchan scrambled to his feet and Youngjae shoved him out the door quickly, and as he exited he was pushed again falling face forward into the hall, and right into Yongguk.

"Himchan! Wh-Whats going-" Yongguk said as Youngjae filed out behind the ullzang. Yongguk looked at him angrily but before the words could leave his lips he was silenced by Youngjae's fierce whispers.

"You knew! You KNEW that Himchan hyung and Jongup-ah were dating! Why did you sleep with Himchan hyung?" Youngjae whispered furiously. Yongguk looked flabbergasted and stared at him.

"I-I had no idea! Himchan! If you want to be with me you have to break it off and tell Jongup, or go back to him and stay, faithful and happy WITH HIM!" Yongguk said with a snarl. Himchan's eyes watered and Yongguk's face softened.

Youngjae nodded and Himchan walked off towards the room that was shared by the maknae line. Himchan walked in softly and sat on the edge of Jongup's bed. He put his hand on Jongup's shoulder shaking him lightly with a soft whisper of his name.

"Hn...? H-Himchan hyung...?" Jongup said as he woke up, Himchan leaned down kissing his cheek.

"Hey there, Jongup-ah... I have to tell you something and its okay if you're mad at me..." Youngjae listened silently as Himchan broke Jongup's fragile heart. Youngjae's shattered again as he waited for Himchan to leave.

After Himchan left, with tears in his eyes, Youngjae walked in sitting on his bed again. He ran a hand down Jongup's cheek and leaned down kissing away the tracks the tears left.

"Go, AWAY Himchan..." Jongup muttered as Youngjae felt his heart drop into his stomach.

"I-I'm not H-Himchan..." Youngjae muttered before he stood exiting the room "But I'll leave if you want Jongup -ah" he closed his eyes and let the tears flow uninterrupted until Jongup's arms wrapped around him pulling him close.

"Himchan said you beat him in chess... And then you told me what a prick he was... Thank you Youngjae-hyung..." Jongup said before laying back down to try to sleep. Youngjae layed beside him and pulled him against him kissing the top of his shaggy blonde hair.

"You're welcome Jongup-ah...-" he said as he felt himself drifting off to sleep as well. "...You're more than welcome"

FIN~