Epilogue

Tip of the Iceberg

After that rainy Sunday, Minjung didn’t see Kyungsoo for nearly three weeks. She lived in their apartment alone while he was off somewhere else. They didn’t call each other. They didn’t text each other.

She didn’t feel sad about it, she wasn’t depressed. In fact, she felt lighter as if she could finally breathe a little easier. Of course, it was hard being away from him even for that short amount of time. Mornings were hard because there was no one to make breakfast for her and she never remembered to make lunch. She forgot things at home and had to leave work to go get them.

And, more importantly, she righted things with Baekhyun. Both parties had been guilty for what they’d done, and both were willing to move on from their mistakes. Baekhyun found a girlfriend in those weeks and he was much happier, in fact he actually did his work (occasionally).

Minjung wished she could see how Kyungsoo was doing, if he was eating enough and if he was happy. No, they weren’t broken up. They just needed a break. They still loved one another even when they weren’t together.

One cloudy Saturday Minjung left the apartment building to grab breakfast at a café. On her way there, it began to rain. And like usual, she hadn’t brought an umbrella. She was looking around for shelter when the raindrops stopped hitting her head. Turning around, she saw Kyungsoo standing there with that same, familiar, beautiful smile on his face.

“Did you forget your umbrella again?” Kyungsoo asked. Minjung looked down at his feet which were soaked.

“And did you play in puddles again?” she returned with a huge grin.

“You haven’t changed a bit,” they both said at the same time.

The umbrella fell to the ground and the couple embraced one another as if it had been a thousand years since they’d last held one another.

They kissed as if they’d die if they went one more second without the others lips on theirs.

They murmured “I love you” to one another as if it was their last breath.