It all Started at a Coffee Shop...

Coincidences

 

I sat at the unfamiliar and crowded coffee shop, sipping from my mocha waiting for it to cool down. I was alone at the table, waiting for time to go faster. It was too nerve-wracking just sitting in my home all day, so I decided to go out for a walk to get some coffee and wait for my best friend _____ to come pick me up. My heart couldn’t take too much waiting. Tonight was the night when I would come face to face with my ultimate bias and listen to amazing music.

I was going to a BTOB concert!

I sighed, smiling widely. I couldn’t believe how _____ was able to get tickets and so close too! My brain just couldn’t calm down. I looked up to find a man rushing into the coffee shop, a sort of worried expression on his face.

He ordered in a rush and let out a breath. He was wearing a dark black sweater with the hood up, partially covering his wavy blonde hair. His dark brown eyes showed he was on edge. He grabbed his order and looked around before he sat down across the shop.

I gave up my table to a couple who were also looking for a seat and followed the boy. He looked exactly like Eunkwang... I shook my head. No, he wouldn’t be at a place like this. He would be with s, cheering each other on or last minute practice or something...

Still. An attractive man is an attractive man.

I found him sitting alone, looking out the window. I gulped and found the courage within to go and talk to him. I walked up to the table and gave my cutest smile.

“Hello there... Is this seat taken?” I inquired; he gave me a look and sighed.

“No. Go ahead.” Ouch, his voice was about as cold and it was outside. I sat down anyway and looked out the window before taking another sip of my drink.

“It’s pretty cold outside, huh?” I asked, trying to start some sort of conversation.

“Uh huh... I’m not really used to it.” He answered, his eyes still stuck on the window.

“Why is that?”

“I’m only visiting.” Aww... So he wasn’t from here.

“What brings you here then?” He sighed and looked down. I looked at him, confused but he smiled.

“Well... You might be able to help... I have a performance I have to go do. It’s really important to my friends and I and I guess...” He sighed hopelessly again. “I have a little bit of stage fright.” I was surprised to find that a stranger was opening up to me so much, but I decided to tell him what I thought.

“Are you a musician or something?” I asked.

“I guess you could say that.”

“Well, if you have confidence in yourself, you shouldn’t have any problems. You’re amazing at what you do and you obviously love doing it too! Those are the only things that matter! All that’s left then is for you to believe in yourself. You just keep telling yourself you’re the best!” I smiled and he chucked, smiling back.

“I’m the best!” He grinned.

“Who’s the best?”

“I’m the best!”

“That’s right!” We both laughed and looked at each other. I ended up blushing bright red and looked down at my phone. “Oh!”

“What is it?” The man inquired, trying to look at my phone as well.

“I’m going to a concert soon... My friend is outside now...”I frowned, upset that I had to leave him so soon. Suddenly, he grabbed my phone and looked at it.

“Cute!” He smiled, probably regarding the theme. He typed something in and handed it back to me. I looked at him questioningly. “Check it out at the concert. It seems I have to leave too. Thank you so much _____, I’ll for sure do my best, just for you.” I was about to ask why he knew my name, but it probably said so on my text from _____. He winked at me, and then left the shop quickly.

“W-Wait... I didn’t-!” I frowned; upset I wasn’t even able to ask for his name. I looked after him, in shock, and then left as well.

 

~~

 

At the concert, I sat beside _____, almost bouncing in my seat. She seemed to be just as excited as I was.

“This is so great, man!!” She yelled. I smiled back; about to answer before the vibration on my phone interrupted me. I unlocked it and gasped at who it was from. It was the boy from the coffee shop. What was amazing was who he was.

From Seo Eun Kwang

I can’t wait for you to see me preform. I also can’t wait to see you again ;D

Thank you.