Updates and Announcements

1/3 Enchanted Writing Contest [CLOSED]

2013-08-13: Due to the uneven distribution of the completed entries across the different categories, I will have to change the way I'm judging this contest. There are seven completed entries each in the Enchanted Ring and Enchanted Mirror categories but only one in the Enchanted Sword category. Obviously, it's not really a fair competition if I were to pick winners by category as I originally planned. Thus, I'm planning to combine all the entries into one general pool and judge them by the criteria I laid out in the foreword, picking the top three entries (instead of one from each category) and an honorable mention. Basically, which specific enchanted object the author wrote about will become irrelevant in the judging process. All winners will still have their choice of one Infinite button, keyring, or acrylic charm, and the karma point distribution will be as follows: 1st - 1500, 2nd - 1250, 3rd - 1000, and Honorable Mention - 750. (Should any of the winners not want their karma points, I will keep them for future contests.) If nobody among the contestants objects, then this is the judging procedure that will be used. If anyone has a suggestion for a better alternative, please let me know as soon as possible so I may take it into consideration before making any final decisions about judging. All of that said, it will probably take until early September for me to finish the judging process since I'm also serving as a guest judge for a friend's contest.

2013-08-01: Due to the low number of completed entries, I've decided to extend the deadline one final time until the end of August 7th. I feel partially responsible for the low turnout because I didn't post any reminders when the deadline was drawing nearer. The deadline extension applies only to those who already signed up and are listed on the Entrants and Entries page. Those of you who have completed your entries already may continue to edit and polish them up until the new deadline. Thank you to everyone who participated!

2013-06-14: Less than two months left until the deadline! I hope everyone has been working diligently on their entries. If anyone has not signed up but would like to participate, remember that you can still sign up as an alternate, meaning if anyone drops out between now and the deadline, you will be substituted in.

2013-04-09: Based on the feedback I received, I have decided to extend the deadline to the end of July 31st. The countdown timer in the foreword has been updated to reflect this change. In addition, the contestants who complete and submit their entries by the original deadline, May 15th, will each receive a one-time priority pass at my review shop that they can use at any time they wish.

2013-04-08: What does everyone think about an extension on the contest deadline? I know it kind of defeats part of the theme of the contest, which was to have it last 1/3 of the year, but I'd rather have people be able to finish their stories and produce some quality stories than have a lot of people drop out or be forced to rush their stories for the deadline. At this point, there's also no guarantee that I would be able to judge the stories immediately after the deadline since once my finals are over, I'm set to leave for a two-week trip to Taiwan. After that trip, I'll be starting an intense summer program taking five classes back-to-back all day for eight weeks straight. This means that if I extend the deadline, it will be by more than two months, until early August. I would appreciate it if you would leave your feedback in the comments. Thanks.

2013-03-30: Just a reminder that you have about a month and a half remaining before the deadline. Make sure to check the countdown timer as the deadline draws closer so you won't be caught off guard by the time zone difference. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck!

2013-01-16:  I am currently accepting entry submissions, so if you want to post your foreword and submit the link, go ahead. The sign-up period will continue until April 15th. After that, if you haven't signed up but want to participate, I will place you on a waiting list and substitute people in by order of sign-up for the people who drop out.