To Make You Say Yes

Snoopy's Way

 

"Amber, school will start tomorrow right?" Mrs. Liu asked from the kitchen as she cooked eggs in the pan. Amber grabbed a bowl and poured Honey Cheerios and milk in it. 

"Yeah, mom. What about it?" She replied grogilly.

"Aren't you gonna hang out with Henry today?"

"I don't know. That guy has his own ways of letting me know when we're gonna hang out."

Then her mind drifts of to the times when Henry kidnapped her when she was on her way to Krystal's. And also that time when he entered her room through the window, just in time when Amber just finished taking a bath and was only wearing a towel around her. He can't remember why he was still alive until now but her remembers how much his back aches after she pushed him out of her room, through the window also. Amber remembered that time when he sent her a video mail telling her to go to this new milk tea shop with him. There was a time when he sent her a photo of a llama through Twitter, telling her that he wants to visit the zoo so that he can finally meet her family. She just laughed it off. But of course, without a punch on the shoulder first. Having Henry as a best friend is really exciting. 

Then she suddenly wondered what's he gonna do this time. After finishing her cereal, she went to her room and was utterly speechless when she saw a red box with a flower on top of her bed. She knew from whom it came from. Though she can't explain the flower. 

"Meet me at the hill, 7PM SHARP. 

P.S. Don't wear your baggy jeans. I beg you Josephine. JUST THIS ONCE."

--Your forever stalker a.k.a. your best-est friend in the world"

Amber smiled because she was already looking forward to 7 pm. Why can't it be evening already? She then took a bath then killed some time playing video games with her sister. After, she went to Ailee's and ate all the food her friend can offer. Amber crashed Min's place next then Suzy's. She went to Kibum's then to the local milk tea shop. The llama almost visited half of the neighborhood when the sun has set. She went back home, took a long nice bath then dressed on some fitted shirt and slightly skinny jeans. She put on her red checkered polo shirt on top of her tee then wore her black Converse. She arrived at the hill at 6:45. Amber lied down the green grass then played som games before someone snatched it from her.

"Hey!" She quickly stood up and ran ro get the culprit. He was fast but she was faster. Before she can get him, the snatcher stopped and returned her phone. When she opened it, there was a note. 

"You're like a robber. You always take my heart away from me."

Amber didn't understand a thing except that it's a pick-up line. 

Then someone she doesn't know gave her a bottle of water with a sticky note in it.

"Are you not tired yet? Cause you're always running on my mind."

She wanted to puke at the cheesiness. There was a conclusion slowly froming in her head but she didn't want to assume anything. Then someone gave a box of crayon to her. She gave him  confused look but he just smiled at her. There was a note in it again.

"You're like a box of crayons. Because you bring color to my life."

Amber looked around to see anything unusual. And as expected, he saw a man holding a piece of rose in front of him, blocking his face. Amber studied the man simply because he looks so familiar. She was surprised when he started walking her way. She smiled lightly as he continued pacing the green grass towards her.

"You're like this piece of plastic rose. Because your beauty never fades." The man revealed himself as he stood in front of Amber.

"Hey, what's with all the cheesiness, Henry Lau?" Amber chuckled as Henry handed her the fake flower.

"I think it'll help you decide." Henry smiled his cheeky smile at her.

"Decide about?" She asked with a curious look. Her best friend was feeling kind of nervous and she can feel it. 

"You know we've been the best of friends ever since forever, right? We've been inseperable. And I think you know what exactly I'm trying to do here." Henry scratched the back of his neck.

"Hm? Actually I have no idea." She put on a mischievous smile, ironic to her innocent remark.

"Hey, you know what's this is all about. You know how I feel, right?"

"How do you feel, Henry?" 

"Since you asked, I'm feeling really nervous and shaky right now."

"No, I mean what do you feel towards me? C'mon man up and spill." Amber playfully pat Henry's arm.

"Okay. Here it goes... I'm in love with you, Amber Josephine Liu."

Amber smiled then said, "That's my boy."

"You sound like my father. Can you say something sweeter?"

"Okay then. That's my boyfriend." Then she gave him a swift kiss. Henry was taken aback by Amber's action.

"So... I'll take that as a yes?"

 "Not yet, until you give me one last cheesy pick-up line."

"That's easy." Henry slowly closed the distance between them and held her waist, their foreheads touching each other.

"You're the sun to my world, the spoon to my fork, the missing person in my room, the Lau to my name. Because you complete me, Ms. Liu." Then they kissed as if they knew each other's lips.

"It's an obvious yes, Henry Lau." They paced the green grass hand in hand.

--

"So what significant event happened during your holidays? Let's hear it from Ms. Liu first." Ms. Jung, their English teacher asked. Amber slowly stood up from her seat and felt everyone's eyes fell on her.

"Uhmm... I found love." Then everyone went silent for about five seconds before her classmates burst into laughter. Except for Henry who was currently blushing.

"The tomboy Amber Liu found love?" "Is it a boy or a girl?" "How lucky for the young lad. He must be special." Amber's classmates but she remained steady. Then to everyone's surprise, Henry stood up. "I found love too. In the form of Amber Josephine Liu." They looked at each other and smiled. Amber mouthed, "You're so cheesy." Everyone clapped because of the unusual proclamation of love. Some were grossed out, especially men but the girls were very much touched saying, their boyfriends should be that sweet too.

When they walked out of the classroom, Amber whispered to Henry, "You're cheesiness is forever stucked in you, Henry Lau."

"But you love it. Admit it, Am."

"Yes, I do. Actually, It's what I love the most in you."

"Not my fluffy cheeks?"

"No. And they're not fluffy anymore. They're more like deflated." She pinched his cheeks, pointing out what she said.

"That hurts for a chipmunk like me. But honestly, I didn't expect you to love my lines so much. I thought you were grossed out."

"Partly. But the part I love the most is how you can say that in front of many people. You've got a lot of courage stuck in you, man."

"Courage just for you." Amber looked at him then laughed.

"What?"

"That's just creepy, okay?"

"But you love it. Say it again!" Henry tickled her as they made their way out the school.

"Yes yes I love it! And I love you.." Henry stopped tickling her and put up a sly smile. Amber was blushing furiously.

"I heard that." He walked towards her and kissed her nose.

"You always here everything."

"What did you say?"

"I said I love--" But then, his lips met hers instantly.

"I love you, too."

And that's how Henry and Amber's holiday vacation ends, with a cherry on top.

--

Sorry for the late upload!!! :( I just got hold of the laptop. hope this is worth it. And TOO LAZY TO PROOFREAD!!! hahaha :D thanks a lot for reading!!