Am I Dreaming?

A Not So Secret Love

 

"Ughhh... My hands are so cramped..." You complain softly as you walk down the not surprisingly empty sidewalk to your lonely little apartment. You'd think that after two years of typing away at your simple office job you'd be used to it by now but no, you're really not. And it . You massage your hands back and forth and roll your neck wondering why you never bought a car even though work wasn't very far from home. It was creepy out at night and you usually worked late shifts. As you see your tackily painted light pink building that you call "home" loom up into sight, you dig out the keys to your room. It was a small, but just big enough for one person; Single bedroom, tiny kitchen but with a stove, microwave, and fridge (no dishwasher, sad day, right?), stand up shower, a measly bar for a table, and a normal sized couch and TV (you never spent much time watching it anyways). Every wall was painted white and so were the doors. Carpets were only in the bedroom and tile was every where else. Even though you had been living here for a while (if you could even call it that), most of your boxes were still packed and stacked up in random corners all around the apartment. There was nothing hanging on the walls either except for a calendar with beautiful sceneries painted on each month (it currently showed a grassy meadow with a multitude of flowers and a willow tree of towards the background for May) and a clock that was always slow by five minutes.
 
Sliding your key into the brass door knob, you sigh and gently push it open causing it to squeak, "One of these days I'll fix that..." You mutter. After casually, and recklessly, dropping your purse on the floor and kicking off your shoes, you stroll past your couch to your kitchen, failing to notice that your couch is being occupied by a particularly handsome young man. You open your fridge to look for the tea you made that morning only to see it gone so you settle for a can coke. When you turn around and notice the guy snoring away on your couch you nearly jump out of your skin and fumble to catch the falling can before it clatters to the ground and wakes him. "... I nearly had a heart attack!" You think to yourself. Truth is, you know the man who somehow got into your apartment and fell sound asleep on your pillow-less couch (That has got to be uncomfortable, really). He's been a lifelong friend of you and your older brother's. His name is Kim Sungkyu and he was also your first love. You know that crush you get when your a kid and it's usually on your older brother's/cousin's friend? And usually when you get older they go away like a bad cold sore? Well not this one. The crush stayed, and grew as you grew. He kept coming around, after all he was your brother's best friend and he just so happened to be only 2 years older than you. The childhood crush blossomed into a first love, a secret love that only one person new about (your own bestfriend), and you planned to keep it that way. After all, why would he like you? You're his best friend's younger sister.. Which practically makes you HIS younger sister as well.
 
You sigh debating whether or not you should wake him and tell him to get his creepy out and demand why he snuck into your apartment. The whole time you were thinking this you had subconsciously placed your coke down on the counter, quickly padded over to Sungkyu and knelt down next to him. A sad smile creeps across your face as your hand begins to reach up to lightly touch his cheek, but before your finger tips get to his skin you snatch your own hand away and quickly stand up. Realizing you were holding your breath, you gently exhale and look around for a blanket. Hastily you snatch the blanket and lightly throw it over him and scurry to your bedroom, accidentally bumping into the coffee table in the process. "Dammit!" You gasp and instantly cove your mouth with both hands. You turn to check to see if he is still sleeping and as an answer you hear a grunt and see him turn over. So cute... You can't help but think and blush at the thought of Sungkyu sleeping on your couch. Grinning like a madman you continue to back to your room and get ready for bed. After brushing your teeth and changing clothes you climb into bed, feeling all your bones creaking and grinding. "What am I? 60? My body shouldn't be creaking like the titanic just ran into the iceberg..." You settle in for some sweet beauty sleep that you've been needing for ages. Unknown to you,  only moments after you pass out, a slim figure groggily slips into your room and manages to sneak under your covers and lay next to you in your full sized bed, causing you to be very close with this person.
 
A couple hours later you groan and your eyes flutter open half way. You register that your bedside clock says that it's 3 in the morning. Only been 4 hours... You think to yourself and turn over onto your other side. Your eyes shoot open when you realize that someone is in your bed with you and when you went to bed no one was there. After being frozen for a solid moment trying to process what was happening exactly you realize Sungkyu had climbed into bed with you. Suddenly your heart starts racing. You can feel your heart trying to beat its way out of your chest and off the bed. Your breathing becomes shallow. You try to think, to calm your heart and lungs but you can't think straight. It's like a jumbled mess of knotted strings. You finally blink, then you manage to move your arm and place your hand next to his arm and shoulder (he's lying on his back). Staring straight at the love of your life your eyes flitter across his face. You take in how peaceful and innocent and childlike he looks despite being 23 and 178 centimeters. Your eyes soak in his eyes. The fact that he wears a little bit of eyeliner to accentuate his currently hidden deep brown, smaller yet beautifully angled almond eyes with his long eyelashes brushing the tops of his cheeks. Your eyes then slide down to his lips, which are slightly parted in a very sweet yet y way. Your favorite feature of his, actually. The way the top lip pushes up, creating the little indent behind the upper lip. So touchable, so kissable... Gently you raise your hand and place it on his right cheek, your arm stretched over him. You realize that this is a very dangerous move, but suddenly you don't care anymore. All you've ever wanted was to caress his face, admire his perfect features and now is your chance. You glide your fingers up his cheek and lightly you graze your thumb over his right eye. His eyebrows knit up and you notice this. Frowning yourself, you gently push on the wrinkles on his forehead with your finger to make them disappear. Succeeding in this you smile and trail your finger down his nose. You realize that you've reached his lips and your breathing hitches once again. His lips are still slightly parted and you can feel his breath on your hand. Your thumb slides around his lips to the left side without touching them. With your heart pounding in your throat, threatening to choke you, your thumb slowly slides onto his lower lip. Just as you are about to slide your thumb off of his luscious lips, you feel a hand come onto yours and interlock it's fingers with yours. You gasp and freeze in place, praying to God that he is still asleep.
 
With your eyes shut tight you start to slowly lift your head up, crack open one eye just to find that Sungkyu is gazing down at you with a slight smirk on those lips you were previously . You shut your eyes quickly and cower down (but your hand stays on his chest) causing him to giggle at your shyness. Suddenly, you feel him push your hand over and down to the other side of your head and feel him position himself above you. Your eyes shoot open in surprise and your mouth gapes open. Once again he laughs at you, but softly. When he is done he gazes at you and the two of you make eye contact. It feels as if he is staring into your very soul. For the third time that night he takes your breath away and you're afraid he can see every secret you've kept and every feeling you've harbored for him. Leaving your hands entwined he lifts his left hand and brushes the back of it against your cheek, down to your chin and lightly closes your still gaping mouth with his finger. His touch is like electricity on your skin. You blink and open your mouth as if to say something but close it again since you have absolutely no idea what to say. The only thoughts racing through your hazy mind is the fact that Kim Sungkyu, your crush and love of 21 years is currently straddling you and you just want to die in a hole somewhere. Suddenly you start to blush due to your over active imagination thinking of all the different ways this current situation could go... Sungkyu studies your face. How beautiful... He thinks to himself while you stare off into la-la land. When you snap back to attention he smiles softly and you just stare at him, still computing what is happening. Sungkyu then leans down next to your left and whispers, "Do you have any idea..." His voice is still husky from sleep. He raises up a little and moves to the other side of your face, bringing your lips centimeters apart on the way. "What you do to me...?"  You mentally melt from the sound of his voice and his breath in your ear paired with the words he has uttered. His lips trail from your ear down your jawline to your chin. He lingers directly below your lower lip before pulling back. Quickly his deep brown eyes glance at your own lips, almost mirroring how you looked at him earlier. He his parted lips and caressed your face in his hand. Sungkyu slightly lifts up your chin and begins to lean down. He closes his eyes and you close yours. Just before your lips touch, he gently squeezes your hand. You feel his soft, warm lips caress yours in a soft kiss that shows his tender care towards you. Your heart skips an entire beat at the contact and you squeeze his hand back. He breaks away and looks at you with... Worry? On his face. "Sungkyu... I'm not a little girl anymore." You wrap your arms around his neck and pull him down so that his body is in line with yours and you can feel each other's radiating body heat. Looking into his eyes, you whisper, "You don't have to act so careful with me, you know." Without warning, you feel him forcibly, but without hurting you, crash his lips into yours.
 
The next morning you wake up to find Sungkyu coming out of the shower, pulling his shirt down over his  toned body. He looks up at your through his wet fringe making your heart stop. He smiles at you and you try to distinguish exactly what situation you're in right now with him. Minwoo gets a call on his cell phone, and you over hear another guy's nagging voice and Sungkyu laughing and saying, "Aniya~ Aniya~~" He hangs up the phone and sighs. Looking at you from his phone he smiles and walks over. He brushes the back of his hand against your cheek and pushes your hair behind your ear. His hand rests behind your neck. He pulls you toward him and your eyes flutter before closing. Butterflies soar in your stomach and he leans down to connect your lips in a long, sweet kiss. He pulls away and leaves you standing in the middle of the living room, dazed and confused. Am I dreaming?? You ask yourself and shake your head as if expecting to clear it with that action. Within a few seconds you get a text from "Gyu Oppa~<3". Wondering when he changed his contact name, you opened the text. A simple message was waiting:
"Did you sleep well? Sorry I had to run, your brother needed me. Let's go out tonight, ne? Gyu~"
You stare at your phone for a good minute before squealing like a fangirl and flailing on your bed. You simply could not believe that this was happening. While listening to your favorite songs, you happily jump around your room and get ready for a long day at work, excited for your date that night.
 
 
 
A/N: Gaahhh finally getting this posted ;A; Hopefully you guys like it! I tried hard~ Please comment any thoughts, suggestions, etc.~ Much love! Mmuahh~