Jena's Dilemma

A Rain of Stars

 

Hyuna and I were sitting at a corner of the lunchroom, munching away on our food when I found him at the other side. We glanced at each other perhaps for a very long moment before I looked away. Here we go again, giving each other the ‘silent treatment’.  I wonder how long it’ll last this time.

 

“I really think you should let him talk,” Hyuna spoke. “Maybe he has a good reason why he didn’t tell you about the whole SM trainee thing.”

 

I shrugged. “I’m not going to listen to some lame excuse. If he was willing to tell me, he should have when we were still just seatmates in Biology class.”

 

“It seems to me you want to end your relationship with him.”

 

“Well, shouldn’t I?” I asked. “It’s better than expecting anything from him now that he’s going to be a big celebrity. Besides, we’ve been fighting a lot recently even before all this was brought up. I think he’s planning to end it sooner than I thought.”

 

“I don’t think Jinki’s going to be like one of those stuck-up pop stars. He’s a nice guy.”

 

"People change once they’re at the spotlight, Hyuna. Everyone knows that. In a blink of an eye, that squishy-tofu-slash-chicken-lover-slash-clumsy-bunny will no longer exist."

 

She rolled her eyes. “You’re overreacting.”

 

“I’m being practical,” I reasoned out.

 

“Oh, screw this,” she scoffed. “Let me know when you guys finally reconcile.”

 

With that, she picked up her tray and left me alone.

 

I stole one more look at Jinki who was now busy laughing away with the popular kids before staring back at my own tray of unfinished food. I sighed. Why did he even bother starting this relationship if he knew it was going to end in a snap? I should have seen this coming.

 

What a foolish heart I have.

 

 

 

Later, at around midnight, I was studying for a rumored pop quiz in Math when I heard something tapping on my window. I turned around.

 

Jinki?