JANUARY 5TH

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOSEOB.

JANUARY 5TH,

     the calendar read. I had been looking forward to this very day for months now. Why, you may ask? Because it was none other than BEAST's, Yang Yoseob's birthday! Being from Busan, it was rare for me to have the time or even the money to see BEAST in person. The long drive into Seoul was always a hassle and I always had to think twice before making the trip. However, today was an exception.

     I was now on my way to Seoul. The road was wide open, no traffic and nothing to slow me down. It was a beautiful day. I wasn't sure where I was going as I got to Seoul, the busy streets where unfamiliar, but luckily I had programmed the navigation system to lead me to the CUBE cafe. I wasn't sure if Yoseob or any of the other members would be there but I had to try.

     After hours of driving, I had finally arrived. I parked my car at a parking garage and headed to the cafe by foot. The cafe was beautiful. Yoseob's 'Caffeine' banner was still hanging high above the cafe and I stared at it in awe as I held the small gift bag I had brought for Yoseob to my chest.

     It took me months to figure out what I should get Yoseob for his birthday. What could I possibly get someone who has everything? For sure I wasn't the only B2UTY planning on giving him something. Their must have been hundreds of B2UTIES worldwide that sent him gifts. As I thought about this, my gift all of a sudden seemed lame. 

     I couldn't help but wonder if Yoseob would like the bracelet I had bought him. Was a bracelet made out of white gold too little or too much? I was frustrated with myself as I entered the warm cafe.

"Hello, welcome to the CUBE cafe." The cashier greeted.

"Hi, thanks." I said in return.

"What can I get for you?"

"Mm- May I get . . " I thought out loud as I looked at the menu above, ". . a white chocolate mocha?"

"Sure, what size?'

"Medium, please." I said with a giant smile, "Do you know if any of the members of BEAST will be coming here today?" I hesitantly asked, not wanting to sound like a total stalker.

"Um, I'm not sure."

     I was a little heartbroken at this. Was my trip to Seoul going to be pointless in the end?

     After paying for my coffee, I walked around until it was ready. In a corner of the cafe I saw a large, glass box. I walked towards it and quickly noticed the banner and pictures surrounding it. The banner read, 'Happy Birthday, Yang Yoseob,' while the frames displayed pictures of Yoseob throughout the years. Inside of the glass box I noticed a ton of letters. I wasn't sure what it was for until I saw two other girls walk up to it and write something down and put it inside the box. I guessed they were writing birthday wishes for him.

"Lisa!" The cashier calls out to notify me that my coffee was ready.

     After taking my coffee, I walked back to the glass box. Should I leave a message too? What would I even say? At this point, the chances of seeing Yoseob were slim. If I was already here, I might as well leave him a birthday message. I took a piece of paper, a pen and walked to the nearest empty table. I quickly took a seat and began writing:

Dear Yoseob,

     First off, I'd like to wish you a very happy birthday! I wish you nothing but the best. Their's a million things I wish I could say, but I wouldn't know where to begin. I am so proud of everything you've accomplished thus far and I can't wait to see what else you amaze me with in the future. In anything you do, whatever choices you make, I'll forever be your B2UTY.

     Your schedule must be busy these days and all I can do is pray that your healthy and happy as each busy day passes. Please take care of yourself! I hope the other members are looking out for you like I wish I could. I admire all your hard work and I couldn't be any happier to know that you're happy with the results.

     Happy birthday, Yoseob. . . and I'll bravely say that, I love you.

          Lisa.

     Oh God, what did I just write? It sounded so cheesy. I was about to rip it apart but then, I suddenly heard a couple of girls literally squealing. I turned around to see what the commotion was and to my surprise, Yoseob had just walked in.

     I couldn't move, I couldn't breathe. He was breathtakingly, beautiful. He walked to the counter first and, I assume, bought some coffee. After ordering, a few fans began crowding him. Their wasn't that many people here, luckily, but I didn't want to crowd him either.

     Yoseob signed a few autographs for his fans and then excused himself to take his coffee. It was at that moment that our eyes met. He was walking towards me and I didn't understand why.

"Hi." He greeted me with a bright smile.

"H-Hi." I stuttered.

     He then walked over to the table where the glass box was and opened it. He gathered all the letters and packed them into his backpack. I didn't get what he was doing but the letters were for him anyway.

"Did you write one too?" He then asked as he walked back to me and pointed to the letter I had written that was on the coffee table.

"Uh? Oh, yeah." I said in a shy voice, "Actually, this is for you too." I picked up the gift that I had prepared for him and handed it to him

     He smiled as he took it and that was enough to make me content.

"Can I open it?" He then asked.

"Now?" I was a little embarassed but I nodded a yes to him.

     I intently watched as he dug into the gift bag and pulled out a box. He looked at me once more before opening the box, as I held my breath all the while. His smile only grew wider as he saw the white gold bracelet.

"Omo, it's beautiful. Are you sure this is for me?"

"Of course," I assured as I took the box from him and pulled the bracelet out, "It even says your name." I point out to him.

     The bracelet had his name engraved as well as the words, 'forever your B2UTY.' I had spent months saving up for it and seeing Yoseob's smile now made every penny worthwhile.

"Could you put it on for me?" He smirked.

"Y-yeah." I mumbled, blushing red fast.

     I slowly reached for Yoseob's wrist and strapped it onto his wrist shakily. It took two tries to get the strap tied but in the end, it fit perfectly. It shined so beautifully on his wrist.

"Wow, it really is beautiful," He compliments, "Thank you, but I wish I had something for you too. I feel weird receiving such an expensive gift."

"No, no! I'm fine, really. Knowing that you liked it is enough for me."

"Mm- How about this, why don't you write your address and phone number on your letter and I write you a thank you letter in return? It's the least I could do for you." He says without even giving me the possibility to reject his offer.

     I quickly caved in to his cute puppy eyes and scribbled down my info on the back of my birthday message. 

"Happy birthday, Yoseob." I say lastly, with a wide smile, as I hand him the letter.

"Thank you," He looks at the letter for a second, "Lisa."

     I felt my heart do a summersault as I heard my name come out of his mouth. With that said, we bid each other farewell. Yoseob walked out of the cafe and it took a while for me to come back to reality. It felt like a dream, but I was sure it had just happened when I looked back at the empty glass box where all the other letters use to be.

     He was now wearing the bracelet, my gift, and had my awkward birthday letter in his hand. I blushed once again as I remembered what I had written. Was 'I love you' a little weird to say? I did love him though. It was the truth. I couldn't love Yoseob anymore, especially now that I had just met him in person.

     I kept replaying the scene in my head as I drove back to Busan. It was the greatest day of my short lived life. I hoped it was a great day for Yoseob too. He really did deserve the best on this beautiful day, on his birthday.

"Happy birthday, Yoseob." I whispered to myself once more as I finally got home.

Author's note:

Happy Birthday to our dear Yang Yoseob!

He's growing up so beautifully, isn't he?

So, this was a short one-shot about how proud

I am of him! (& BEAST) May he continue to grow

and strive for the best. I love you, Yang Yoseob!

#24thYangYoDay! ©YooniqueB2UTY