ONE — GRATUITOUS

The Vicious Syndrome

 

Chapter One

GRATUITOUS

asdfghjklasdfghjklghjkl

 

I leaned my head against his shoulder while we were sitting on the bench in the middle of the campus. The summer wind brushed against my cheek and I heard the silent sound of Lu Han turning the page of his book.


“What are you reading?”, I asked softly and saw how the corners of his lips moved upwards. 
He closed his book and showed me the bluish cover. “Angel.Angel?”, I repeated curiously. “What is it about?”
“About an angel who falls in love with a human. He has to give up heaven in order to be at her side forever,” Lu Han answered and looked at me.
His eyes locked with mine for a moment, before we were interrupted by a loud cheering crowd. I looked towards the gate of the university and saw a bunch of male students gaining around somebody.
“Chaeri!”, I heard someone screaming from over there. “I love you!”
My eyebrows furrowed as I heard her name and I quickly turned over to see Lu Han. His eyes were fixed on that situation for a moment, before he turned away to read again.

I let out a silent sigh. “Chaeri.”

 

I knew that there was something about Chaeri every guy at university loved. They loved her flawless killer-smile, her y long-legged body, her Lee-Hyori-like tanned skin, her perfect wavy hair, her glossy red lips and her skirts which were shorter than any word existing.

 

But to me, she just seemed to be a spoiled brat. Born with a silver spoon in , she knew nothing else than Gucci handbags and Prada high heels. The person she loved the most was the reflection in her pocket mirror and anybody else was treated like dirt.

 

To be honest, Lee Chaeri was just a lonely girl. She had no friends. Her classmates disliked her. Everything she had, was the popularity among the male students. There are also rumors that her stepfather is said to be cruel. But I couldn't really believe that.

 

Just take look at her.

 

Red patent-leather high heels, red lipstick, red nail polish. A skirt which made me think her whole will be visible for the whole university in a blink of an eye. A neckline which let you know which color and pattern her bra had. A glossy leather handbag from Gucci. The latest phone on the market. The most expensive perfume from Chanel which you could smell on the whole campus as if she had bathed in it. That's Lee Chaeri.

 

It wasn't if I had something against her and I didn't hated her either. It was just the way how she treated boys which bothered me about her – Chaeri saw them as a toy, something to bridge her free time with. And the way she looked at Lu Han – should I be worried? Maybe I'm overreacting? Am I seriously jealous of somebody who doesn't know anything about how to love somebody, how to appreciate somebody and take care of somebody?

 

There was no reason to be worried about this.

 

No reason to be worried about Lee Chaeri.

 

asdfghjklasdfghjklghjkl