Final

Second Hand of Time

 

“Why did u choose to be a butler..?”

He looked up at his Master and smiled.

“It is a long story.. my lady..” answered the butler as he poured the Rose Tea for her.

Her glittering eyes indicated that she was willing to listen to every single chapter of his life. Shifting her legs, she said, “I am a good listener…” she smiled back while taking a bite of a chocolate chip cookie.

Putting down the teapot carefully, he shifted his gaze towards the window,

“Well….it is all started when….”

 

It is well known that The Casiraghi family are royal butlers of the Nobelwoman,Michel, for generations. They go through proper training as teenagers before finally became true butlers.

Every single person had been assigned to a royal family member. And so has Kuon.

Kuon J Casiraghi, was a smart boy for his age and the youngest in his family. His only brother, Glenn J Casiraghi had passed away due to an unknown sickness.This required him to take on the entire burden.

He was just seven years old at that time and had no idea about being a butler at all, but reality told him otherwise. Kuon was forced to learn everything in an instant, from the history of his family, the Nobel Michel’s, combat techniques, table manners,and knowledge about herbs.

Being the smart boy he was, Kuon passed the test with outstanding results, and was assigned to be the butler of Princess Freya, the only daughter of Nobel Michel.

Time flew by and they grew up to be fine adults.

Regardless of his social status, Freya treated Kuon as her closest friend. They often spent their time reading books, practicing Archery and Horseback Riding, even enjoying tea time together.

 

“Whoa….” she commented adoringly“You guys should get married in the next year or two!” claimed his Master happily, clapping her hands.

Kuon replied to her with a bitter smile. “I wish we could do that…”

“Huh…? Why..?” she asked  curiously.

“….. because…..”

 

His father slapped him hard. “You bring disgrace to our family name, Kuon!! I believe you do know the first rules of becoming a butler, yes?” asked his father angrily.

“…….Relationships between butlers and the royal family is forbidden, yes I understand that very clearly…” Kuon bravely looked up to see his father’s eyes. “But feelings.. cannot be forbidden, even by law…”

He knew… everything has its own risk, but he never knew it would be that hard. He was blacklisted by Nobel Michel, and Kuon’s parents sent him to study abroad.

 

She patted his shoulder gently. ”But you still keep in contact with her right..?”

Kuon shook his head. “She…. was very desperate… and suicidal…”

She gasped. “….then..?”

 

When Kuon returned, he found out what happened. He pleaded with the Demon to use his remaining time to resurrect her. 

“You will gain immortal life and serve as my butler forever,.”

 

“………….at least she was alive and you can spend your time with her again..” sighed her in relief. “I guess it’s time..?” She glanced at her watch. “Thank you for your service Kuon!” she cheered happily.

Kuon smiled back in return as he placed his hand on the chest. ”I shall take my payment then…” he bowed gracefully, “Please excuse me…” He stepped closer to her, cupping her chin.

“W-will it hurt..?” she stammered.

“No… you wont feel anything…” He leaned in and pressed his lips against hers gently.

”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Her eyes widened.

Wrapping his hand around her waist to pull her close, Kuon parted her lips and her soul out. His eyes turned bright red as he stared into her drifting eyes. Kuon quickly swept her off her feet.

“……”

He teleported to her room and put her on the bed gently. ”Yes… Freya was alive… I was very happy…” he said in a lower tone while tracing her cheek. “I watched her grow old..and die..”

He got up and flicked his finger. A contract appeared. “I once wished to be with her until she died… In return, time for me stopped and I am still here with my body… also… a demon like me.. doesn’t deserve to be on her side, in heaven, everywhere…”

Kuon stared at the contract and it turned into flame. “…Which one will you choose…be her butler and end up this way… or wish u were born as a normal person.. and never have met her…”

He took a step back. His eyes turned back to hazel brown. “So long milady…it was my pleasure to serve you..”

And he disappeared.