The Return

Sora's Wish
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was mid-day when the legends returned back to Casiora and immediately their eyes were greeted with the familar sight of their home world.

"Ahh I've missed this place." Chanyeol stated firmly as he stretched his long arms. Ahri, who stood by his side, nodded silently in agreement.

"I know, tell me about--"

D.O was interrupted as Feng put a hand to and rushed to the nearest tree. Sehun quickly followed her and patted her back reassuringly.

"I guess she's still not used to Kai's teleportation huh." Suho stated.

Xiumin and Kai couldn't help the small chuckles that escaped their lips.

"Hey it is not an easy thing to get used to!" Yuji exclaimed as she rubbed her temples lightly. "I am still trying to get used to it."

Kris placed an arm over her shoulders and pulled her closer while Juah shot her sister an understanding look. Sora elbowed Kai lightly in the ribs and he immediately shut his mouth.

Soon the anjely returned with Sehun trailing behind her. She wore a slightly flustered look on her face and upon coming back to the others immediately muttered out a "sorry".

"It's alright." Seah assured reaching over to place a hand on one of her shoulders. "We all undertand how you feel with Kai's teleportation. We've all been there before."

The others gave knowing nods. And Feng let a smile form on her previously flustered face.

With that settled Kai decided it was time to speak up.

"I'm going to make this short so we can all do what we need to do."

And the others quieted down immediately.

"We will all probably have a couple days here at most. So make the most of your time and get as much rest as you can before we have to leave again."

"That short?" Hayeon piped up and Chen hugged her comfortingly.

Kai looked at her sadly, "I'm afraid so, we have to leave soon for the next world."

He turned his gaze to Sora who stood not an arms length away from him and she gave him a reassuring smile. Kai felt himself smiling back at her.

"I'll come get you all when it's time. You know the drill."

They all most certainly did and with Kai's last words the group split off respectively, each couple or member going their own direction.

Suho sprinted off immediately no doubt to go find his beloved Miyah.

Sehun wasted no time and quickly turned to Feng to tell her his plans. "There is someone I want you to meet. Come on."

He held out his hand for her to take.

"Oh really?" Feng questioned, slightly narrowing her eyes. There was a smile playing on her lips. She had an idea of who it was.

"You'll see." Sehun responded. He grabbed her hand because she was taking too long and the two of them flew off towards the direction of Sehun's former home.

Juah and D.O set off towards the palace to go visit his sister. He was worried about her again. While Seah and Lay decided it was best to pay a visit back to Somon. No doubt her brother wanted to see his beloved sister again after so long.

Kris glanced at Yuji and spoke gently. "There is somewhere I want to visit. Would you care to join me?" There was a shining look in his eyes and Yuji just chuckled.

"You couldn't stop me if you tried."

Smiling Kris swept her up and carried her away princess style, flying into the sky moments later. The rest eventually scattered until it was only Kai and Sora left standing in the small forest he teleported them too.

 Kai let a smile grace his lips as he watched his friends go their seperate ways. He linked hands with Sora before turning to her.

"Well?" he asked. His eyes flashing playfully.

Sora swung their interwined hands and fought back an eye roll.

"No Kai." she stated.

She knew him all to well, but that could wait. Keeping their hands together Sora started walking forwards dragging a half pouting Kai behind her.

"It hurts me that you would assume such things." Kai laughed as he playfully avoided her punch.

"Oh shush you preverted boy you."

Kai just blinked innocently.

"There's actually some people I want to visit." She continued. "And I'm sure you'll want you visit them too."

Sora flashed him a knowing smile. At this Kai's pout changed into a full on grin and he immediately caught up with her footsteps walking side by side with her.

"I actually want to visit them too." he confessed. He was more than eager to see his mentor again. It had been so long. Everybody knew how much Yunho meant to him. The relationship between the two of them easily resembled a father and his son.

Sora gave Kai's hand a squeeze and they continued on their way towards the palace.

~*~

A young boy ran through the halls of Aberon Palace, his light footsteps echoing soundlessly off the marble walls. The little boy ran until he found what he was looking for. He came to a stop in front of a large door and with eager hands, and great effort, managed to push it open. The boy all but tumbled inside.

"Daddy! Daddy!" the boy screamed.

A startled handsome, dark haired man looked up from the book he was reading and immediately turned towards the source of the sound.

"Minsoo?" he questioned and immediately stood up. "What's wrong?"

The man took his son up into his arms.

Minsoo had a hard time keeping the smile off his face and he held up his tiny little hands to cover his mouth, as if he was trying desperatly not to spill the secret he just discovered. His hands did nothing to hide his giggles though.

Sensing that whatever caused his son to be like this was nothing negative the man let himself breath normally again.

"Daddy! Daddy! Guess what?" Minsoo blurted.

"What?" the man answered, the corners of his lips turning upwards.

"Look what I found!"

Minsoo excitedly pointed towards the open door eager for his father to see just what he discovered. The man let his eyes follow his son's movements until they reached the doorway and not a second later the smile on his face was replaced with one of shock.

His mouth dropped open in disbelief. He almost forgot his son was still in his arms.

"Kai." the man breathed.

The said boy stepped into the room when he heard his name and immediately a watery smile appeared on his face.

"Yunho." Kai replied.

The two stood there for what seemed like ages each completely in awe that the other was standing before them.

"Oh stop standing around and just hug already!" Sora exclaimed and she gently pushed Kai forward towards his beloved mentor.

As if on cue Minsoo started squirming around in his father's arms and he barely managed to get out before Kai enveloped his much missed teacher in a full on hug. The little boy had never seen his father look that happy in a long time and despite the few tears that were shed between the two men the happiness in the room was hard to miss. Sora found herself getting teary eyed at the heartwarming reunion as she too was reminded of how much she missed her family. She moved to stand behind Kai as the two men broke away from their embrace.

Yunho radiated happiness as he clasped his hands on Kai's shoulders. His eyes still slightly watery from the moment before. "It is good to see you again."

Kai returned the smile. "It's good to see you again too."

Kai moved to pull Sora from out behind him and he firmly clasped their hands together. She returned the gesture by lightly giving his hand a squeeze. Yunho glanced at their inerlocked hands and broke out into another smile.

"I'm glad to see that nothing has changed between the two of you." Yunho turned to give Sora a gentle smile. "Welcome back Sora, I am glad that you came back to us happy and healthy."

A light laugh left her lips as she smiled. "It is good to see you again too Yunho and I am glad to say the same about you."

Yunho's smile dropped ever so slightly, but it was not enough for anyone to notice.

"When did you get back?" Yunho questioned his eyes still shining.

Kai looked around and replied with a small smile. "Just now actually. About half an hour ago? The rest split off to do their own things."

His eyes glanced out the window and he spotted Hayeon and Chen walking hand in hand around the palace grounds. They were smiling and talking, occasionally Hayeon would reach up to whisper something into Chen's ear then he would laugh and do the same to her. Yunho followed his gaze and smiled.

"And actually it was Sora's idea we come here first. We were just on our way up the palace steps until we ran into your little trouble maker here..." Kai gave Minsoo a teasing smile. Minsoo stuck his tongue out and immediately hid behind his father's legs. All three adults chuckled at his actions.

"He all but jumped into Sora's arms. You should have seen his face."

"I will bet." Yunho whispered, glancing behind to take a peak at his son. He knew all to well how much his little boy missed them. Kai was like his older brother while Sora acted more like a second mother. He knew Minsoo adored the two of them to no end.

"And when we asked if he knew where you were he screamed "Oh! Oh! I know! Follow me!" Sora chuckled at the memory.

It was refreshing to see someone so excited over something so simple.

"Now here we are. I'm not surprised to see you in your office though." Kai smirked a little.

Yunho issued a mock look of hurt. "There is nothing wrong with my office. I think it is rather homey."

Kai laughed. Yunho felt another smile form on his face as he realized how much he missed hearing Kai laugh. Sora smiled with him.

Suddenly Yunho let his smile drop considerbly. "How long are you staying?"

His eyes darted from Kai to Sora then back again.

"A couple days at most." Kai responded with the same tone. He saw Yunho give a nod of adknowledgement. His hand going up to rub his chin. Kai wasn't happy about the short amount of time either, but a couple short days of peace was better than nothing. He would make the most of what they got.

"I see," Yunho responded, hand still at his chin. "And I take it the journey went well?"

"Actually Yunho there is something we need to tell you about tha--"

Kai was suddenly cut off as Minsoo started jumping up and down his hands gesturing excitdely towards the window.

"Look! Look! There's mommy!" he excitdely pointed, referring to the long haired woman walking towards the palace steps.  "Come on lets go see mommy!"

Minsoo proceeded to tug at Sora's hand urging her to follow him. He was eager to show off who he found. Minsoo frowned when Sora didn't seem to budge and he tugged harder at her hand.

"Pwease?" His lips formed the cutest pout. Sora gave Kai a glance and they exchanged a mutual nod. Sora turned towards the little pouting boy at her feet and smiled.

"Alright Minsoo, shall we go see your mom?" Truthfully Sora wanted to see Yuri again too. She missed her teacher, who was more like a sister, and that was all the more reason to go see her. Minsoo beamed as Sora started to walk towards the door with him, but Minsoo quickly realized that one person wasn't following them. He turned back with a slight frown.

"Is Kai hyung going to come with us?"

Before Sora could answer Kai walked over and bent down face to face with the little boy. He reached out and patted the other's fluffy hair. "Hyung has to stay and talk to your dad for a moment. But if we have time we'll come down and play later okay?"

Minsoo seemed to think about Kai's offer for a moment. "Mmm okay!" His face broke out into a smile. Sora smiled down at the two, a certain twinkle in her eyes. Minsoo proceeded to lead Sora out of the room and they all but ran down the hallway. Their laughter could be heard even when they were already feet away.

"I haven't seen him look that happy in a while." Yunho chuckled. "He's really fond of you guys you know."

Kai pushed himself up from his legs. A small smile touched his lips and his eyes held the same look Sora had moments ago.

"So," Yunho continued, walking over to where Kai was. The mood suddenly turned more somber. Now that Minsoo was gone all the childlike playfulness of the atmosphere seemed to have drifted out with him. "What was it you were going to tell me?"

Kai turned and met eyes with his mentor. He remembered how Yunho's eyes always had the ability to calm him, no matter what the situation. But now they were swirling with raw emotion, question and worry were etched clearly on the older man's features, making him seem years older. Kai couldn't help the dry chuckle that escaped his lips.

"You shouldn't frown so much Yunho. It doesn't suit you."

The atmosphere in the room got a little less heavier.

~*~

"Sora, is that you?" The council woman stopped in her tracks when her son emerged from the palace towing behind him a very familiar looking woman. Minsoo had a bright smile on his face, happy that he was able to make his mother speechless.

Sora let her face form an even brighter smile as she met eyes with her teacher. Yuri appeared just as she remembered, strong and confident, despite already becoming a mother.

"Yes, it is me." Sora gave a small bow. "We're back."

Sora was lightly taken aback as Yuri let a frown mar her flawless features and she jumped a little as the said woman gave her a small thump on the head.

"How many times do I have to remind you that there is no need to be so formal with me?" Yuri arched an eyebrow. Sora looked away embarassed for a brief moment before suddenly flinging her arms around her much missed teacher/mentor. Yuri gasped a little at the sudden hug, but returned it nonetheless.

"Enough." Sora stated as she pulled away with a laugh. "And how many times do I have to remind you that I will never listen?"

Yuri returned the laugh. "Enough." She chuckled.

"What can I say? A top student has her privileges."

"Well, I can't argue with that." Yuri let out another laugh.

The laughter died down and Sora's eyes softened to a more gentle tone. "I've missed you."

"You look well," Yuri stated as she stepped back to get a better glance at her former student. "And we have missed you here as well."

A few moments of silence passed before anyone spoke again. As both women seemed too caught up in their own thoguhts. Minsoo seemed content enough to watch the ducks swim in the nearby pond.

"I hope you've been keeping up with your training." Yuri teased as the silence was finally broken. "I won't have you slacking off just because you've been gone."

At this Sora let out a playful laugh. "Don't be silly, I think I've had to deal with more over there then over here. Although I'm not nearly as tough as the other girls."

Yuri waved her hand, dismissing the thought. "Nonsense I trained you myself."

Both women chuckled at their own jokes.

"But in all seriousness I'm glad you are okay." Yuri pulled Sora in for another hug which Sora embraced gratefully.

"There were times where I questioned if we were going to be okay." Sora softly murmered as she pulled away. She brushed away a stray hair from her eyes.

Yuri's eyes softened as she reached out to give Sora's hand a squeeze. "All that matters now is that you are back safe and s--"

Before Yuri could say anymore she was suddenly interrupted by a very excited Minsoo.

"Wahh theres Kyo!!" Minsoo jumped up and down happily, pointing towards a small boy with light amber hair among a sea of other childern. It seemed like school had just ended and childern were free to spend the rest of the day however they wished. He turned towards Sora and tightly grabbed into her hand, tugging her towards the amber haired boy. "Lets go play! Please?"

Sora was about to open to say something, but Yuri met her gaze and spoke first.

"Go." She spoke firmly. Her lips curved to form a gentle smile. "We can talk later."

Sora responded with a bright smile and bow. Yuri resisted the urge to correct her. Sora then playfully challenged Minsoo to a race to see which would make it to the schoolyard faster. Yuri chuckled as she saw her son race off determined to win. Sora kept up easily, keeping herself tied with the smaller boy, occasionally pulling ahead one step furthur to encourgage him to run faster. She laughed as she saw the determination to win flash across his large doe eyes and it came as no surprise when Minsoo's joyful cheers added to the noisy schoolyard.

From a large window, several stories above the palace grounds, two men stood chuckling at the scene below them.

"You know he takes after me." Yunho proudly boasted as he watched his son play around with the other childern.

"Oh so you mean he's an overconfident, overprotective, doesn't know how to have fun old man?" There was no indication from Kai to hide the teasing smirk that appeared on his lips.

"Aish you--" Yunho feigned anger and rolled his eyes. Although on the inside he was glad that Kai remained the teasing, playful boy he remembered. Only now Kai no longer looked like the frail, little boy he saved so many years ago. Yunho gave a nostalgic smile as he remembered.

Laughter could be heard from the courtyard below them as childern ran and sprinted in all different directions and somewhere in the middle of all the chaos was Sora. She was smiling brightly and laughing as childern ran around her all vying for her attention to get her to chase them. It was a tiring game to say the least, but Sora's expression showed no hint of exhaustion as she ran to chase after the kids.

Yunho smiled fondly at the scene below him. Then he realized Kai had been rather quiet after his small teasing. Curio

Please log in to read the full chapter