Part One

Don't Fall In Love with the Best Friend [Two-Shot]

High School Graduation Day

“Jihyunnnnnnn!” Myungsoo called out from the crowd of students and parents when he saw his best friend.

“Myungsoo!” Jihyun replied as she saw him coming towards her. “Congratulations! You are now free,” she said to him laughing.

“I’m going to miss you,” he replied as he pulled her in for a hug. Myungsoo and Jihyun have been best friends since they were in 1st grade. Never had they separated from each other. They went to the same elementary, middle, and high school. They were even in the same class together for all twelve years of school. Going to college was the first time the two of them separated from each other.

“I’m going to miss you too Hyunsoo,” she replied while hugging him back. “Now where’s your boyfriend Woohyun?”

Myungsoo spotted Woohyun from the distant. “Yo Namu!” he called out.

“Yo, what’s up, you two?” Woohyun said as he walked towards the two.

“Come give me a hug,” Jihyun said as she hugged Woohyun. “I’m going to miss you two.”

“So where are we all going for college?” Woohyun asked.

“I’m going Seoul National,” Jihyun replied. “You?”

“Myungsoo and I are going to Dankook together,” Woohyun said as he put his arm around Myungsoo. “So it’s just you separating from the group.”

“That’s not fair,” Jihyun pouted.

“Don’t worry, we’ll all keep in touch,” Myungsoo said. “Let’s go eat and celebrate.”

First Day of School

As Myungsoo headed towards the entrance of the school, he felt lonely. It was the first time he has been separated from Jihyun at school. Feeling a bit down, he took a deep breath and headed towards the entrance of the school. Suddenly, he something hitting his head.

“Good morning, handsome guy,” Woohyun greeted him.

“What the heck was that for? It hurts you know!” Myungsoo replied.

“It looked like someone needed a wake up slap.”

“No, I didn’t.”

“Then why so gloomy? Missing someone?”

“Huh? What?”

“You know who I’m talking about. Jihyun.”

“What about her?”

“Don’t lie to me. I maybe your best friend but I’m just your guy best friend. Jihyun is you best, best, best, friend. You guys have never been apart at school.”

“Oh shut up. She’s just my best friend. There nothing more.”

“Yeah right,” Woohyun said as he rolled his eyes and walked with Myungsoo to their first class.

One week later

It was a Saturday, and Myungsoo was at home bored with nothing to do. So he decided to do what he normally do, surf the internet. He came across something on Twitter that he found interesting. So he decided to join. He selected the name LKim as his display name.

@LKim:

Hello o.o

@Sujiji94:

@LKim hi I’m Suji

@JiPark:

@LKim Hi L ^^

@BBacon92:

@LKim wassup?

@LKim:

@Sujiji94 nice to meet you Suji. I’m L

@LKim:

@JiPark umm hi Ji?

@LKim:

@BBacon92 the ceiling? Hi L here.

@JiPark:

@LKim ^^ hi L, I’m Ji nice to meet you

@LKim:

@JiPark nice to meet you Ji. How are you?

@JiPark:

@LKim I’m good just procrastinating here. ^^ You?

@LKim:

@JiPark I’m bored and I found this place o.o

@JiPark:

@LKim Well then, welcome here ^^

@LKim:

@JiPark thanks. Where are you from anyways? You seem to be online at the wrong time.

@JiPark:

@LKim I’m originally from Inchon, but I go to school in Seoul. You?

@LKim:

@JiPark I’m from Inchon too. I’m in Chungnam. Where in Inchon are you from?

@JiPark:

@LKim Gyeyang. You?

@LKim:

@JiPark me too o.o do we know each other?

@JiPark:

@LKim if we did then this is cool. I went to Gyeyang High School. I just graduated recently o_o

@LKim:

@JiPark … by any chance you know someone name Namu and Hyunsoo?

@JiPark:

@LKim… yeah Woohyun and Myungsoo. Wait who are you? Those are names I gave to my best friends!

@LKim

@JiPark /laughs/ hey baby girl it’s me Myungoo

@JiPark

@LKim o_____o I don’t believe you. When and who did you get the first kiss from?

@LKim

@JiPark 03162010 with Son Naeun from class 10B

@JiPark

@LKim OMG IT IS YOU!

Through Twitter the two meet again and caught up with their friendship. Their online friends kept making fun of them. The two almost acted like a couple. Through constant teasing Myungsoo started to think that he had developed romantic feelings for her. At school, he met new friends and was uncertain about his feelings.

 “Boo!” Someone cried behind Myungsoo.

 “Hey Hana,” he said.

 “What’s with the gloomy face and where’s that greasy boy?”

 “What gloomy face? Woohyun is with his girlfriend. He said he’ll join us later for lunch.”

 “Something is bothering you. I can tell.”

 “You like someone. Don’t you?”

 “…” Myungsoo stared at her.

 “Come on, you’re Mr. Popular. So many girls here have a crush on you. Just today I saw Jiyeon from world civilization stick a note into your locker.”

 “I’m not interested in them, Hana.”

 “Are you gay?”

 “…what?”

 “You like guys?”

 “Heck no. It’s just…”

 “You have someone you like but you don’t know if she likes you right? So who’s this girl?”

 “None of your business.”

 “Man up and confess if you like her. I’m pretty sure if King Myungsoo likes someone, that girl must be popular too,” Hana said to him as she walked to get lunch.

Summer Break

Myungsoo, Woohyun, and Jihyun all went back to their hometown for break. Along with their high school friends, the trio went out to celebrate the end of their first semester of college and break. A few days after the dinner celebration many of their friends would be heading back to their school campuses.

“Cheers!” Woohyun said as he raised his glass. “Cheer to all of us having survived the dreadful, hateful, and painful first semester!”

“And cheers to seven plus more,” Jihyun said rolling her eyes.

“You’re such a party pooper Miss Smarty,” Woohyun retorted.

“I can’t wait to finish college,” Myungsoo joined in.

“Don’t we all,” Woohyun agreed.

At the end of the night, everyone walked home. Myungsoo walked along Jihyun and spoke to her. “So how’s KrisCray?”

“Nothing with him. I haven’t seen him online for well over a month now.”

“You like him?”

“No.”

“I see.”

“You sound awkward right now.”

“No, I don’t.”

“Yes, you do.”

Myungsoo stopped walkikng and reached for something in his pocket. “Hey Ji.”

“Hmm?” Jihyun replied as she stopped and turned around.

“So I know it’s your birthday soon, and we won’t be able to celebrate together like we used to do. So…” Myungsoo said as he pulled a necklace out of his pocket. “Happy early birthday,” he smiled.

 

 

“And I thought you forgot,” Jihyun replied as she walked towards him and hugged him.

“Well, there’s something else too,” Myungsoo said as he put the necklace on her. “Would you…umm… be my girlfriend?”

Taken back by the question, Jihyun couldn’t say anything more than blush and say, “Yes  .////.”

Myungsoo smiled and kissed her cheek. “Let’s get you home,” was all he could manage to say to her.


 

I've separated the one-shot into two part. 'Cause I'm cool like that jk.

Some of these characters are actually real people I know /coughIknowyourereadingthiscough/.

Enjoy part one and I'll be back with the ending later.

Feel free to comment and tell me any mistakes I have and stuff.

~Stephanie