Midnight Sonata

Midnight Sonata [Henry Lau Oneshot]

                     It was only a matter of minutes before you successfully finished cleaning up your apartment spotless. It was New Year's Eve and cleaning up the house was one of the many traditions you grew up with. Your mother always told you that cleaning the house ensures a fresh start to the New Year and you were not one to mess with tradition—plus you're a total neat freak. As you proceeded to dump all the dust you had collected from sweeping your apartment into the garbage you glanced up at the clock hanging on your creamy vanilla wall. Your eyes suddenly lit up like two fireflies, it was already 11:30PM. Your heart begin to plummet in sadness as it realized you were dearly missing someone—Henry.

                      He's been so busy preparing for his comeback with the members of Super Junior M that you haven't gotten to see him all month, let alone hear his voice. Other than your daily exchange of text messages with him, you were unable to communicate. He was either recording in the studio or learning choreo 24/7. Sometimes you seriously worried for him when he texted you about his daily comeback preparations. His schedule was strenuous and jam-packed making you pray every night for him to get some kind of rest. Henry was never the type to complain, he absolutely loved music and dance. It was practically a part of his soul, but even so you worry that he overworks himself and you wonder how he even manages to make time for you. That's why whenever you do get opportunities to meet up you treasure them like diamonds. When you got an unexpected call from him last night informing you that he might actually be able to spend New Year's Eve with you, you were absolutely speechless. The happiness that filled your heart last night was overflowing making you eager for this night to come, but now that it has you could feel your heart slowly losing hope.

                     He told you he'd try to finish up practicing choreo with s by 11PM so that he could be with you when the clock strikes 12, but his time was running out. You tried so hard to hold on to what little hope you had left kindling in your heart as you stared at the clock with yearning eyes. It was pitch silent in your apartment making your solitude feel even more painful. You crawled onto your couch and threw your floral fleece blanket over yourself while snuggling with Mochi—the teddybear Henry gave you before he went on his world tour with s last year. To this day you still remember the words he said to you when he presented you with your little plushy friend.

            "______-ah, I want you to keep this so that you'll always be reminded that even though I'm away...I will always be with you"

            His words immersed your ears as you hugged Mochi tightly gently the soft chocolate brown fur on his head. Just as you were about to shut your now glossy eyes, you heard the sweet melody of classical music faintly tickle your ears. Struck by confusion, you quickly tossed your blanket off and tucked Mochi within the sheets as you made your way towards the window. It wasn't long before your ears realized that this was not just any classical piece...but you're favorite one—Canon in D by Pachelbach.

[PLAY THIS ^^]             

            Just the beauty of the piece was powerful enough to make your heart flutter like a bird on its very first flight. However, what made your heart literally soar was the fact that Henry is the sole person who knows how much you love that piece.
            You swiftly opened your window with your heart racing like a cheetah on the African savannah. The music immediately became clearer revealing the beautiful sounds of the primary instrument—a violin. You suddenly felt goose bumps grow on your arms as you hung your head out the window looking for your violin prince. It was Henry; it had to be, because you knew of no one else who could play the violin as beautifully as he could. You looked both left and right trying to spot him, but he was nowhere in sight despite the elegant music that continued to hypnotize you.

               Realizing your window wasn't going to do you much use, you decided to just follow the music hoping it would lead you to your precious sweetheart. You swiftly grabbed your keys and ran out the door, failing to even grab a jacket to protect you from the bitter cold hands of the winter season. Regardless of the chilly winds that struck your skin, you proceeded to walk along the sidewalk in your sapphire blue nightgown that hung just above your knees. As you ventured along your street relying on your ears, the soothing sounds of the violin strings grew even louder causing your heart to beat as fast as a lightning bolt leaping from the sky.

                You noticed that you were approaching the majestic clock tower in your town, but what truly seized your eyes was the figure standing before it glowing like a radiant star in the moonlight. Your heart felt as if it was about to jump out of your chest from the amount of joy and happiness that was running through your body. It's him, it's really him. You could not believe your own eyes as you continued to walk towards him with your trembling legs. Henry's gentle eyes soon found yours causing your heart to skip a beat. He swiftly lowered his violin and carefully placed it in its case at his feet before running over to you. The second he reached you, he lifted you up in the air and spun you around laughing like a cute little boy. His adorable giggles that you’ve been unable to hear all month caused your entire body to quiver in excitement.

                  “_____-ah! You found me!” he exclaimed with a smile as bright as the morning sun. He carefully lowered you back onto the ground holding your petite hands in his. “I told you I’d be here” he stated a-matter-of-factly with a proud smirk dancing on his lips. A thin layer of water began to surface on top of your eyes as you grew lost in his dreamy eyes.

                  “Ya! Why couldn’t you just ring my doorbell like a normal person?!’ you complained as a cold tear trickled down your cheek. “You have no idea how miserable I was…I thought you weren’t going to make it…” you mumbled disappointedly watching your tear strike your black moccasins. Henry’s eyes instantly became coated with guilt the second he noticed your cheeks grow moist from your lucid tears.  

                  “Hey…” he whispered sweetly lifting your chin up to face him. “I just wanted to surprise you…I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you worry like that” he explained cupping your face in his warm hands while wiping away your tears with his thumbs. You held his hands at your cheeks still trying to process his presence before you.

                  “Pabo!” you playfully scolded with an elated smile polished across your face. Suddenly, the clock tower behind you two began to sing its mellow chime—midnight had finally fallen.  “Omo Henry-ah! Happ-” but you were unable to finish your sentence as you found yourself struck by Henry’s lush lips. Your entire body was caught by surprise including your legs that were trembling as if the ground below you was shaking. If it weren’t for Henry’s comforting arms wrapped around your waist, you would have collapsed for sure. As his precious smile unraveled against your lips your cheeks begin to flush rosy red. He continued to pour his heart out to you with burning passion until the harmonious chimes of the clock came to a serene stop. He gently pulled away from you leaving his button nose perched on yours.

                    “Sorry, didn’t mean to cut you off…I just wanted to be the one to wish you first” he stated in that tender voice of his that made you’re heart melt like butter.  “Happy New Year _____-ah” he whispered sweetly leaning his soft forehead against yours.

                     “Hehe~ Happy New Year Henry-ah” you chuckled giving him a chaste kiss on his chubby cheek that you loved to pinch to your heart’s content. Henry smiled brightly in response, showcasing his adorable dimple on his left cheek. He quickly found your hands and brought them to his mouth. You stared at him with your head tilted to one side confused by his sudden action. He soon began to gently blow on your hands in an effort to protect them from the bitter bite of the winter breeze.

                    “Ya, are you crazy? How could you even think of coming out here without a jacket?” he questioned eyeing you from head to toe.

                   “I don’t know! I just got caught up in the excitement I guess…so I forgot…” you admitted in embarrassment tucking your hair behind your ear.

                   “Silly girl…” Henry chuckled ruffling your silky hair. You swiftly spun around hoping to conceal your face that was burning cherry red with embarrassment. For some reason you always managed to embarrass yourself in some way around Henry. Perhaps it was because of the overwhelming effect his sheer presence had on you, but either way at this point you just felt like hiding under a rock. You buried your strawberry red face in your hands as Henry’s laughter penetrated your ears.

               “Waaah! Stop laughing at me!” you whined like a little three year old girl on a playground. Henry tried hard to conceal his laughter while silently taking off his smoky black jacket and tip toeing closer to you. He then draped his jacket elegantly over your back and slithered his arms around your shoulders holding you close to his own body.
            "You're so cute when your embarrassed" Henry replied kissing you softly behind your ear.

              "Ya! That tickles!" you exclaimed with your shoulder instantly jerking upwards trying to suppress the tingling sensation. Unfortunately for you, Henry's teasing persisted as he continued to leave a trail of butterfly kisses down the side of your neck.
            "I have good news to share with you" he whispered in between kisses causing your heart to pound as loud as thunder. You slowly zipped up his jacket absorbing the heat that still lingered from his body before turning around to face him. He swiftly laced his slender fingers with yours and pulled you closer to him. "Guess who doesn't have to go to work on New Year's?" he asked with a sly wink that almost made your heart collapse like a balloon.
            "Are...are you serious?" you questioned in utter disbelief.
            "Of course I'm serious. I wouldn't lie to you!" Henry laughed. Overcome with joy, you instantly threw your arms around his sleek neck and hugged him tightly never wanting to let him go.
            "Henry-ah, I love you~" you cooed burying your face in the crook of his neck. Henry ran his fingers through your hair with an elated smile on his face.
            "I love you more _____-ah, you have no idea..."


Hehe~ I hope reading this made your New Year's that much more special!!!

and I Hope you guys enjoyed this little present from me--especially all my subbers and buddies here! You guys are the best! *HUGS*

AS ALWAYS, FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS DOWN BELOW ^^

and HAPPY NEW YEAR you Thanks for Reading :) <3