Part of Me: Chapter 1

Part of Me

 

ONCE you love someone, that person is forever a part of you...

Sunjung stood in front of Sungyeol's house. She fixed herself one last time. "Gifts-check, clothes-check, hair- ugh, I bet oppa will just make me into a mess later," she rolled her eyes upon realizing that making herself look decent isn't necessary.

The door suddenly opened and a boy poked his head outside. "Good morning, Sung- ah, Daeyeol-goon, it's you. Good morning," Sunjung bowed. The said male greeted her back then courteously invited her inside their house.

Daeyeol thankfully received groceries from Sunjung. "I heard someone talking outside and I thought mom forgot something. But it I saw noona instead," he chuckled at his comment as he walked to the kitchen with the girl trailing behind.

Laughing at herself, Sunjung replied, "And I thought you were Sungyeol oppa. He told me to come early in the morning, so I assumed that he will be the one to open the door."

They agreed to start preparing breakfast. Although, Sunjung had already drank coffee back at her home, she still prepared some for herself and Sungyeol. She also made milk for Daeyeol who was busy cutting the vegetables for making bibimbap.

"I don't know if he's already awake but I saw him with his eyes open earlier." Upon hearing the word 'open', Sunjung grinned mischievously. Knowing his brother's girlfriend for quite a while now, Daeyeol knew what she was thinking and gave her permission to go inside their room to check.

Sunjung excitedly ran a few steps back to the living room. Turning to her right was the boys' room. She entered quitely. Although she was in one room, it seemed like there were two different worlds inside. -Daeyeol's side was neat and organized while Sungyeol...was Sungyeol. Since their mother wanted her sons to be responsible for their things, she firmly stated that they should clean up their mess and own mess only. Obviously, Sungyeol wasn't responsible enough. "Seriously, every time I visit here, it's always as if a tornado passed his side of the room," Sunjung grumbled while picking up her boyfriend's mess on the floor. She placed the scattered clothes inside the laundry basket beside Sungyeol's bed. She turned to the sleeping figure next to her.

Sungyeol laid on his back with his long legs spread neatly. His right hand was resting on his exposed stomach while the other was folded by his side. He really had his eyes slightly open and it was Sunjung's first time seeing him like this. She waved her hands in front of Sungyeol's face. "He's really still sleeping... He looks funny!- I should take a picture." While containing her laughter, she searched for handy phone on her deep-pocketed hoody. Once Sunjung looked back to Sungyeol, she was greeted by his signature gummy smile.

"A picture of commemoration, huh?"

Surprised, Sunjung shrieked as she fell on her . She had her back resting on the wall as she grasped her chest with widened eyes. "You scared me!"

"You were going to make fun of me." Sungyeol stuck out his tongue.

"You got her good, hyung," Daeyeol commented from the door. He was holding Sungyeol's phone and it obviously looked like he recorded the whole scene.

"I'll make sure that everyone in the university sees it," Sungyeol happily informed while patting Sunjung's head. "Ooh, I am surely going to enjoy your misery tomorrow."

Sunjung grumpily stood up and pointed at Sungyeol. "So this is why you forced me to come, huh!" she accused.

 

"AHH...I'm stuffed," Sungyeol contentedly sighed as he rubbed his stomach. After eating breakfast inside the bedroom, he crawled back on his bed then laid on his back.

"That's why you have a flabby stomach." Sunjung laughed at Daeyeol's remark.

Sungyeol glared at the two of them. Then, he eyed his younger brother. "Didn't you say you have plans for today? Go away already."

"Mwo? And then, you will do erted things to Sunjung noona? No. Mom will kill me." Although Daeyeol meant it as a joke, the lovers blushed in embarrassment.

 Sungyeol threw a pillow at him. "P-pabo! I wouldn't do something like that to this girl." He pointed to Sunjung who immediately nodded in agreement.

"This guy's afraid of too much skin contact! He's scared that I might infect him my girly smell."

"Ya!" Sungyeol playfully pushed Sunjung a little too hard making her gape at him. They started teasing each other which kind of made Daeyeol feel left out.

"I'll start cleaning up. Mom would be mad if she discovered we ate here." The youngest started collecting the dishes. Sunjung persistently offered help but Daeyeol maintained and turned her down. He stood up and saw his brother dotingly smiling at his girlfriend from behind. "Noona might melt," he kidded.

"Just go already," Sungyeol irritably shooed Daeyeol. Sunjung who was oblivious to what had happened kept looking at each boy for an explanation but none of them told her thus, making her pout.

Unlike what Sungyeol said before, Daeyeol doesn't really have plans on going out. The three of them stayed in the bedroom doing their own things: Sunjung was reading a josei manga that she bought that day while Sungyeol was bothering her the whole time and Daeyeol was doing his homework.

"I'm so very bored," Sungyeol whined for the umpteenth time, exaggerating his boredom. He turned to his side and schooched closer to his girlfriend who was seated on the floor beside his bed-on the aisle- the entire time. He poked her cheeks nonstop as he spoke, "Sunjungie-ah, let's go out and play."