Baekhyun's Wedding

My Best Woman

 

Kyungsoo woke up from his slumber before looked around his room; he felt the similar feeling after he woke up, lonely.

He grabbed his phone and checked out the time before get up and went to the bathroom.

Kyungsoo washed his sleepy face before wiped it with a clean towel and went out to the kitchen, seeing Jongin and Chanyeol were sitting there eating ice-cream in the tube, still didn’t realized his existence.

He pulled the chair beside Chanyeol and sat lazily, and that’s time they realized he, “Oh Kyungsoo! You woke up already.” Chanyeol grinned.

Kyungsoo patted his shoulder, “Never mind I’m too short for you guys to realize.” He said with a small smiled.

“Don’t be too down-to-earth.” Jongin said with a frowned.

“Hey I’m just joking.” Kyungsoo exclaimed calmly before reached for a spoon in the tube and scooped a little Cookies and Cream’s ice-cream.

He let himself indulged in the sweet flavor before he realized that the two guys were looking at him, “What?” he asked with his big confused eyes.

“You know you’re 25 already.” Chanyeol started.

Kyungsoo just nodded slowly, “Yeah, so why?”

“It’s already time for you to find your partner life.” Jongin continued.

“Why we talk about this?” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows; amused.

“We know you’re lonely, repeating the old same routine… Tell me Kyungsoo; honestly did you ever felt boring with your life?” Chanyeol asked.

Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol for a long time before replied, “Can we not like talk about this matter?”

“You can’t keep avoiding this topic.” Jongin pressured him more.

Kyungsoo stood up from his seat, “Yes sometimes I thought about this, but I’m not ready yet.” He said with an exasperated expression.

Jongin also followed his action before patted his shoulder, “You’re just afraid.”

“Yes I’m afraid, I can’t stop thinking if my relationship will be like my parents’ relationship.” He raised his voice.

Kyungsoo came from a problem family, since his parents divorced when he is only 3 years old. Unfortunately, his parents don’t want to take care of him after them apart and leave him under orphans’ house care.

Jongin just kept quiet while Chanyeol let out a deep sighed, “Kyungsoo take your past as a lesson. Don’t repeat their mistake.”

“Definitely I’m taking the lesson by not having any relationship. No woman, no heartbroken.”

“Love is one of the things you’ll facing in your life, yes there are heartbroken in love but that are how life like. Sometimes you’ll be at up and sometimes you’ll be at down. You need to face it Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol replied.

“I don’t want to talk about this already.” Kyungsoo said before retreated to his room, running from the sensitive topic for him; love.

***

Kyungsoo pushed the café’s door and looked around for his friends, Baekhyun.

After awhile he saw a figure was waving at him make he smiled before make a way to his direction.

“It’s been a long time, Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun said before they shook hands and gave a brother-hug.

“Indeed.” Kyungsoo replied shortly before looked at Baekhyun’s side, “Err, who is this?”

“Oh, I’m forgotten to introduce, this is Eunji, my fiancée,” he said with a wide grinned.

Kyungsoo looked at they disbelieve, “Fiancée? Whoa, Baekhyun…” he trailed off his words before accepted the hands and shook it softly.

“I know it’s fast, but why take too long if you know she is the one right?” he chuckled before reached her hand and kiss it.

Kyungsoo laughed seeing Baekhyun’s romantic antics.

“So why you invite me for a cup of coffee?” Kyungsoo questioned.

Eunji lend him a piece of card, “We would like to invite you to our wedding next week.”

He reached the card and read it, “I’m happy for you both. Congratulations!” he said happily.

“Thank you.” Baekhyun and Eunji said at the same time.

“Aww, Look at these two lovebirds.” Kyungsoo teased, and chuckled when seeing blushes crept at the couple’s cheeks.

“I want you to be my best man.” Baekhyun continued.

Kyungsoo blinked for several times before hesitantly agreed, “Anything for my favorite couple.” He finally said his agreement.

Baekhyun and Eunji smiled thankfully to him before thanked him.

“I owed you one.” Baekhyun whispered to him before leave with his fiancée.

***

Kyungsoo loosened his tie and sat at the available seat at the bench around the garden.

He greatly annoyed with this hot sunny day and his suit, seriously the suit make him felt uncomfortable. He really needs a cold shower right now.

Before he can closed his eyes, he heard several giggles behind him make he turned around,

“Eunji is lucky for having Baekhyun.” He heard the girls said.

‘So there are six girls…’

They were wearing a thigh-length white dress with a flower strapped against their right shoulder blades, make them looked like a six beautiful angel.

But there was only a girl that caught his attention, the girl with a shoulder-length black haired with a cheerful smiled against her face.

Suddenly he felt a wave of calm at his heart when looking at her smiled.

Without he realized, he also smiled.

‘That girl is angel.’ His heart spoke without his conscious.

But he frowned when the girls walked away into the church.

“Yah Kyungsoo! Why you still not ready?” Chanyeol tapped his shoulder make he startled.

“I felt hot so I opened my tie.” He explained to Chanyeol; the other best-man.

Chanyeol shook his head before helped Kyungsoo’s repairing his tie and suit, “Come on we have a wedding to attend.”

Kyungsoo reluctantly followed Chanyeol into the church.

***

Kyungsoo tried his best to hold his yawned when he heard the preacher preached.

He played a little with the red velvet box he hold for gave the ring to Baekhyun after the ‘I do,’ part.

He looked at Baekhyun’s wide smiled; he can saw a happy feeling at his eyes.

Then, he moved his eyes to Eunji’s face, the expression was the same with Baekhyun but there was a glistening tear at her corner of eyes.

He looked at Eunji’s side, where the best-women stood. He never gets a change to meet the best-women, he just heard from the other friends that all the best-women are Eunji’s friends and they are all beautiful.

Suddenly he eyes widened when seeing the same girl beside Eunji. His heart beat faster, he felt like his eyes static at her. He tried to move his eyes to other side but his eyes came back to her direction.

‘Who is that girl?’ his thought being cut off when he saw the girl’s eyes looked back at her with a confused expression.

Suddenly he felt a soft tapped on his shoulder, “Why you don’t give the ring to Baekhyun?” he heard Chanyeol’s deep lowered voice whispered at him make he turned his head towards Baekhyun, who looked confused.

He quickly lend the ring to him with an apologetic stared.

He scratched his back of neck awkwardly before stole a glanced towards the girl that he had been gawking at.

The girl still looking at him but with a cute smiled right now.

He felt his face hot, he just wished he have a power that can disappeared himself right now.

***

After sending the lovebirds with their car, Kyungsoo released a sighed; relieved everything had finished successfully.

When he turned to leave the church, he heard Sehun called for him.

“Kyungsoo let’s have a drink before go back home. Besides it’s been a long time since we hang-out right?” Sehun said cheerfully before put his hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

Before Kyungsoo can answer his question, Sehun cut him off, “And I’m not taking any ‘no’ for my invitation.”

Kyungsoo sighed before followed Sehun into his car, since Chanyeol’s car full with his friends which Kyungsoo doesn’t know.

When they reached the bar, they enter first since the other car still didn’t arrive.

After awhile, the bar started to become chaotic with voices and clanked of glasses.

Because he felt uncomfortable he walked to the corner and just fondling with his phone.

“Hey Kyungsoo! Come here, I want to introduce you with all my friends.” Chanyeol said excitedly while calling for Kyungsoo.

With heavy heart, he went closer to Chanyeol’s direction.

“Guys I want you to meet my best friend, Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol said while hugging his shoulder.

Chanyeol introduced his friends from left to right, “Kyungsoo this is Yookyung, Bomi, Naeun, Chorong, Hayoung and the last but not the least Namjoo.”

Kyungsoo looked at their face one by one until the last one, ‘T-That girl…’

“Hey isn’t that the boy from the church?” he heard the girl from the second last asked, Hayoung if he didn’t mistake.

He can saw Chorong and Naeun nodded.

“He just like to day-dreaming at the wrong time and wrong place.” Chanyeol said before received thunderous laughed.

Kyungsoo secretly elbowed Chanyeol’s stomach before gave an awkward chuckled.

“Anyways he is cute.” He blushed when hearing the previous girl, Namjoo said with a grinned.

He held his chest hearing his heartbeat, ‘my heart never beat this fast…’

When all people engrossed with their conversation he slowly exited the bar, to take a fresh air.

More like avoiding Namjoo, who can make his heart beat crazily.

He took a deep breath before released it.

He looked at the sky, that had been dark slowly and he can saw the sun was setting slowly and leave tinge of orange in color at the sky.

“Do you really like to day-dreaming?” suddenly he heard a soft voice beside him make he looked at his side,

His eyes widened when seeing Namjoo was standing beside him.

“You stared at me like that again…” she said without looking at him.

Kyungsoo blinked his eyes several times before ran his stares sheepishly, “I’m sorry…”

“For what?” this time Namjoo looked at him.

“If my stares make you uncomfortable.” He said while playing with his finger.

Namjoo let out a laughed, “No, I don’t say your stares were uncomfortable… It’s just never a guy stare like that to me.”

Kyungsoo nodded, “That because they never realize how beautiful you’re…” he spoke his minded out.

After awhile, he realized make him look at her nervously.

Namjoo also looked at Kyungsoo, looked shocked with his words.

“I-I…” Kyungsoo stuttered before once again ran his stares, “I’m sorry…”

“T-There’s no need too…” he heard Namjoo’s voice.

He looked at her back and noticed a tinge of red at Namjoo’s cheeks,

Namjoo avoided his stares before turned around, “Let’s go back into the bar, they will worried if we missing too long.”

Kyungsoo captured her wrist, “Truthfully you’re beautiful. That’s why I can’t stop gawking at you at the church.” He said softly.

Namjoo looked at him shyly, “So you are checking me out huh?”

Kyungsoo let out a chuckled, “I would like to use staring at your beauty more than checking-out’s words.”

“Namjoo, I think you’re the prettiest best-woman I’d ever met.” He said while sliding his finger from her wrist to her finger and held it tightly.

***

Kyungsoo opened his eyes slowly before rubbed his eyes sleepily.

He tried to reach for his phone to check out time but something held up his right hand make he looked his side.

He smiled seeing his girlfriend was sleeping soundly, nestling around his right arm.

He brushed her fringe aside before gave a kiss on her forehead, “Wake up sleepyhead.” He whispered at her ear.

He saw a small smiled appeared at his girlfriend’s face.

He gave a chaste kiss on her pink lips and the kiss went to her both cheeks, “Come on, we need to find a present for Baekhyun and Eunji’s son.”

“Good morning Kyungie.” He heard the sleepy voice said before get up and stretched her body.

He hugged her waist before gave a kiss beside her side-head, “Good morning my Namjoo.”

-End-