Of Confetti, Final Bow and Holding Hands

Of Confetti, Final Bow and Holding Hands

 

Loud chattering, laughter, sailing ships of both newly made and old pairings, tackle hugs, taps of shoes and heels on the stage floor and cheers from fans are all filling up the grand stage of Anaheim. SM Town Live in LA is about to end and the big family of SM are busy preparing themselves for the last bow.
 
Kai is quiet, looking clueless at what to do. Sehun is too busy sticking himself to Luhan so there's not really anyone to talk to. He wants to walk around to begin another fanservice of everywhere but their coordinator tells them to stay in their places and just talk to people next to them. He looks at his right. Sehun is now hugging Luhan. He looks at his left. Krystal is laughing at her bandmate.
 
Krystal Jung... he never really talks to her since three years ago, approximately. After f(x)'s debut, they didn't get a chance to talk often. Well, she was starting to get busy and he was too, with non-stop training and learning for his own debut. He notices how she's grown taller, more mature, and obviously, more beautiful. Little does everyone know, there is a spark between them. Probably a little crush, perhaps bigger, they don't know. But both are keeping it a secret until now. For now, their jobs are their first priority. They want to focus on work without being bounded by anything else.
 
But they know what they share secretly with each other haven't faded.
 
Kai is too lost in his own thoughts, not realizing that the confetti has been popped. On the corner of his eyes, he sees Krystal is looking up and cheering about how beautiful the confetti is. --what? He looks up as well and flake confetti is touching his nose. He blinks and looks around. Everyone is busy taking as many flakes as they can. He doesn't really have anything to do so why not do the same.
 
It was boring at first, but as the competition starts, (of who can get the most confetti plus the rare colored ones) he starts to get competitive as well. He gets red, green, blue, yellow, and even the rare gold-colored confetti on his hand. He is grinning at his achievement and aiming to take more, but a chuckle stops him. He turns his head at where the sound came from. Krystal shows him her collection of flake confetti. He frowns at how she can get so many gold, silver and even metallic blue flake confetti on her hand.
 
"Oh, wow." he says flatly.
 
"You don't sound happy." she teases as she tilts her head. She knows he wants get those pretty flake confetti to be showed off to his bandmates. But oh well, it's just flakes, what's the big deal.
 
He smiles, shoving the flake off his palms. "Nah."
 
Krystal snorts and smiles back to him. "So how are you?"
 
"I'm good." he turns around, now facing her while seeing if there is a silver flake confetti falling. "You?"
 
"Me too." she says, nodding.
 
"That's... good." Kai says, and she just nods. A weird yet comfortable silence comes to them. They’re just looking into each other's eyes without saying anything.
 
Krystal is about to speak up again but Yunho's voice cuts her. He is giving thanks and praises to the fans like usual before the closing.
 
Leeteuk follows after that. He gives his final words and as he finishes, he lifts his arms in the air for the final bow. All of the artists are following him, linking each other's hands and lift their arms up together.
 
"Uh," Kai hears Krystal, makes him turns his head. She smiles to him, trying not to look awkward. "I guess we have to hold hands too."
 
Krystal lifts her arm as an invitation. Her heart is thumping faster. She can feel her cheeks are heatening when he smiles and says, "Okay," and grabs her petite hand. He purposely looks away and tightens his grip as if he would lose it if he didn't.
 
And with that, they give their deep, last bow for the concert. Everyone cheers in unison and claps for their artists.
 
Kai takes a glance at Krystal, who is surprisingly taking a glance at him too. They both laugh, tightening their hands together.
 
What they are sharing in this moment is just enough for now.