These Lines That Make You Mine

These Lines That Make You Mine

 

            “Hold still, dammit; I don’t want to stab you in the eye.”

            “I’d rather just avoid the possibility and do this myself.”

            Donghae sighed and tilted Kyuhyun’s chin up, catching his annoyed stare and challenging it with his own. “I know what I’m doing; I’m an artist, you know. Besides, you always manage to smudge it up somehow and you’re too uncoordinated to fix it yourself.”

            “I don’t even know why I have to put this stuff on anyway,” Kyuhyun groused, lips pursing themselves into a highly glossed pout. “It’s bad enough I have to wear this super-heavy makeup anyway; why add insult to injury?”

            “Because you look good in eyeliner, Hyunnie,” he replied, gesturing for Kyuhyun to close his eyes. “I also got you this brand new liquid eyeliner stuff and it’ll look so much better than the crayons – there’s also no sharpening and the brush is really soft so even if something did happen, it’s less likely to hurt.”

            Kyuhyun sighed in resignation and leaned back into his chair, eyes closed and face completely relaxed. “Alright, but it’s your turn next. I get to put this stuff on you and see how you like it,” he sniffed.

            “Sure, whatever you like, Hyunnie.” With that, he worked in complete silence, the thin brush sweeping over Kyuhyun’s eyelids with Donghae’s practiced precision, drawing delicately inked lines that adorned each of his eyes just so without a single mistake. He added more ink to the corners of his eyes for that especially feline look, adding an element of sensuality to Kyuhyun’s carefully crafted elegant image.

            “Can I see now?” huffed Kyuhyun, impatient as ever.

            Donghae laughed as he put the finishing touches on his right eye. “Open ‘em, Nippon no Top Idol Cho Kyuhyun-san.”

            Kyuhyun did as he was told and looked in the mirror, gasping a little in surprise at Donghae’s work. As much as he hated to admit it, his boyfriend was right – he did a much better job at this whole eyeliner thing than his own sad attempts.

            “You like it?” asked Donghae, smug smile splashed all over his face. He already knew the answer before the younger man could answer.

            “Yeah, it’ll do,” Kyuhyun scoffed, slightly miffed that he’d been bested so easily. “Now it’s your turn. Gimme that stupid liquid stuff and sit down.”

            Donghae handed it over and acquiesed to Kyuhyun’s demands without argument, closing his eyes and hoping for the best. “You know, I don’t know how good I’d look in this stuff; I don’t really think my face was meant for makeup,” he commented, remaining perfectly still as Kyuhyun drew on his eyelids.

            “You’re an ex-almost-idol, Donghae,” Kyuhyun sighed. “If either of us were meant to be in makeup, it would definitely be you. You and your stupid model-face.”

            Stifling a chuckle that would probably cause the younger man to actually jab the brush in his eye, Donghae dropped the conversation before it continued any further. No matter how many times Donghae assured his lover of six years that he was handsome enough to be an idol, even in Japan’s harsh music market, and more than worthy of his love, Kyuhyun would never have it. After a while, Donghae simply gave in and let Kyuhyun have his self-deprecating pity parties (though he always made sure to find ways to reassure him later on).

            “Alright, now you can look.” Donghae opened his eyes and looked in the mirror, smiling at his reflection. Kyuhyun had only drawn a thin, even line completely around his eyes – making sure to reach the bottom lid, as well – but it looked rather good, considering.

            “Wow, that’s not bad at all, Kyuhyunnie. You’re actually getting better.”

            Kyuhyun snorted and tossed a packet of makeup wipes at him. “Now take it off; you need to get ready, too, if you’re going to go with me to this event.”

            “You don’t think it looks good on me, Hyunnie?” Donghae pouted, bottom lip curled out for extra dramatic effect.

            “The world is just not ready for Lee Donghae in eyeliner,” Kyuhyun replied, leaning down and leaving a bright, wet glossy kiss on his cheek before leaving the room.