Chapter 1

When Two Worlds Collide

Completely barricaded in his room, the heir to the throne was strictly forbidden to step foot out of his room, the risk of losing him too high with the whole town alight with fire, the various rooftops he could see from his window already lighting up the sky a dull amber. Part of him wanted to be out there, although not to bring justice to the ‘malicious’ cretins who were havoc on the quaint little town, but rather he knew that this fire and chaos symbolised something else... that his loved one was out there somewhere, returning to him, possible dead already.

With his thin rather beautiful fingers curled in a death grip around the window sill, his inherited strongly defined jaw line clenched in anticipation, watching men fall and yet none quite caught his attention. Most of whom he probably recognised by name, but he couldn’t let that phase him right now. If he wasn’t aloud out to fight, he could only be grateful... because he wasn’t entirely sure of whose side he was on.

As a boy it was a common occurrence for the pirates to invade, they’d sail their ships right up to the shoreline in the dead of night, and cut down women and children without a sound. No one was too happy about this, and young Hyukjae at the time certainly wasn’t. A point came when his mother was slaughtered that he sought revenge, at the young age of sixteen he’d been by his fathers side, oversized sword trembling in his hands, still not quite able to aim it right after years of training.

He was caught off guard by someone who was clearly much more skilled back then, possibly younger than him by the bright vibrant almost excited look in his eyes as he pinned Hyukjae down with the tip of his sword, and the poor guy had never set foot outside against the pirates again.

And that...had everything to do with the boy he’d met that day, and absolutely nothing to do with the sword he was threatening him with.


It was that time of the year again and the glint in Donghae’s eyes as he marched up to the “meeting point” showed exactly how excited and happy he was. The chocolate brown orbs seemed to have a light of their own, glinting in the sun rays as  wide grin graced his lip, his feet pumping with a  new energy as he sprinted his way down the lanes littered with small puddles and scattered injured bodies or groups of people rushing around like scared cats.
“Eh, messy” Donghae muttered under his breath, not letting it dampen his mood since he was finally going to see a certain someone again.

Making a few quick turns he ducked from under a low hanging pole and almost slammed into the Inn’s door, barely hitting the brakes and pretty much yanking the door off it’s hinges (the door was used to this sort of abuse hence was a stubborn one) and in he flung himself, wide twinkling eyes searching, mouth gaping and several pair of eyes looking at him in pure horror which he somewhat enjoyed but hey he was here for a certain someone. Marching right in like he owned the whole universe he looked about

Since the Pirate raids happened mostly once a year since they were sixteen, the two were used to this kind of a yearly-schedule. His eyes searched the area and soon there was small frown in place, his tongue poking at his cheek as he did a double check since he had not exactly walked all the way in, a drunk man (a drunk very unfortunate man) happened to slam his shoulder into Donghae’s and Donghae’s expression went to a blank hard expression, eyes a dark malicious glare “Watch where ya’ goin’ or don’t walk at all” was a hiss from his side and when the very-unfortunate-man decided it was a good idea to shout “I’m not afraid of ya!” and spit in Donghae’s face, Donghae smirked “ Or you probably don’t need those legs anymore”

The man didn’t see it coming, those who witnessed it were probably scarred for life because the sight they saw was purely beastly. After a few minutes of heavy grunting, shrill blood-curdling screams and occasional “yah” the man was a mess of pain and baby-like wailing while Donghae shrugged his shoulders, making a face-how a pirate could make such an adorable pouty face after having nearly made sushi out of the guy no one could understand- he stared at the crease on his shirt but in his current dark mood he was now more desperate, banging the door open with a foot he huffed, taking off to a destination that was his second guess and hope.

He was soon darting into a small street only to skid to a stop with a roll of his eyes, some “heroic” civilians of the town were trying to fight of some of his fellow Pirates and with his sword already unsheathed Donghae sauntered over, trying to make his way through without having to get his clothes messy, the crease was bad enough, but of course things don’t always go your way. So a small skirmish ensued, he got banged into a door and with a grunt he kicked out at the offender, not willing to waste anymore time and hoping he got the right door he quickly slipped in, almost staggering and pushing it close, grinning at a huge bolt that looked pretty weak but hey what the heck and so he slid it locked.

He turned around just to go back to his dark mood because there stood a young guy, his sword ready and Donghae's intense glare bore into his back while he stood facing the window.

Donghae sighed, a smirk gracing his lips, yeah he had time for more fun “I’m gonna kill ya’, savy chum?” He cocked his head, chin up in the air as his haughty eyes looked down on the tense person before him.

Hyukjae’s back was currently towards the intruder but his shoulders tensed when he sensed it, the words seemingly seeping right into his mind and causing a facial response within moments. He did not look pleased. Pirates were brainless beings, that said some were occasionally an exception, still ruthless but they could be let off. Conflicted as he always was, watching the death and destruction before him, when something behind him was so much more tempting to address.

Calmly drawing his blade out of the sheath attached to his hip he turned himself around with slow, almost bored precision, his long, gleaming sword almost brushing the floor. It was weighty and he held it with deceiving ill practice. He’d grown to be better over the years, and with a small gummy grin, contrary to the glare settling beneath his dark, almost shadowed brown hair in the dim lighting off the room, he flipped his sword up to point at him, arm outstretched, leveling with his neck as if that was his target area. “Try me, scum.”

The words murmured were left floating in the atmosphere. His words were meant, his sword was held with a grip meant to kill... although that was something he never had. He was like some fateful princess locked in her room in case she got damaged. He had so much potential and it frustrated him. If only he could take it out on such an intruder. But then of course, the moment his eyes settled on the figure his grin seemed to extend, his grip loosen but by no means did he lower his sword.

Donghae’s smirk just grew wider and at that moment it seemed all the evil of the world had been collected in those pair of narrowed chocolate eyes that glinted with absolute mischief as he retorted “ Oh yes I intend of tryin’ ya, just don’t scream too loud in the end” he snorted, watching as the other merely glided forward, with dance like movements, on the balls of his feet as he circled him, head dipped with some kind of predatory focus.

Hyuk had waited all year for this, cooped up inside a castle that he had no intent on running, watching a town mill around, such peasants had more interesting lives than him. But yet, although his father had intended to keep him inside whilst the pirates raided, this was something he certainly had no clue about, and that alone was enough for Hyukjae to settle with staring out his window all year, waiting for the day that he just might actually be able to win a feud against this guy.

“Is it me, or are you looking scrawnier. Are they not feeding you well?” He questioned, poking him lightly in the stomach with the tip of his sword, dancing in a lithe circle around him, barely touching the ground as he taunted him.

Although his sword was very sharp he doubted very much that he could get a proper strike at the guy, and the first swing of his oversized blade in his direction ended in a crash of colliding silver on , the rather disappointed Hyuk bouncing back, continuing his pacing around the other guy. Disgruntled and rather disappointed he resorted back to glaring at him, dark eyes narrowed into slits. “Some things never change.” He grumbled, knowing he could train all year and still the pirate would most likely beat him again for the ninth year running.


Donghae’s patience was being tried, he could clearly see that. No one was known to have tried his patience and lived or at least lived in one piece a peaceful life. Donghae just scrunched up his face “ Well, talk about lame- attempts, my turn~” he sang slyly and in a swift move he stood merely inches away, sword raised to bring it down to grind against the other’s sword, the corners of his lips turning up as he bit his lower lip, flashing a quick wink he leaned onto him. Sure he was a tad bit shorter but that didn’t reduce the malicious look that  swiveled within his eyes, fringes of blonde hair hanging over them and carving shadows
“Your move, boy” he almost purred, feeling the air around them charge up.

Hyukjae was big on personal space, and having spent all year growing use to nothing at all, the slightest incline of the other guy towards him had him on edge and he let out a small growl in the back of his throat, angling his sword and flexing his fingers around it. He would only let this taunting go on for so long. The guy usually aimed to impress, and in past years had left Hyukjae helplessly trying to keep up with him.

Things were different now, although Hyukjae was clumsy with his aim, he had no trouble in meeting the other guys strikes, the sounds of swords clashing a noise amongst many others, battles going on outside that fell upon deaf ears, while death was certainly out of the question between these two. Moving in slow calculating moves around each other, a strange kind of dance, both well matched and eager. At one point when Donghae’s sword was dangerously close to his throat he ducked, sliding underneath the youngers outstretched arm and circling around him, his back exposed but with their rules that was out of the question. Carried away and seeing his opportunity, with Hae turning in a momentary circle in pursuit of him he grinned, eyes crinkling up and although his damp hair was already sticking to his head he shook it to rid it off his vision.

Donghae’s ego needed a good whack, and when the opportunity was open, Hyukjae saw an opportunity to boost his own. Swinging his sword out without no real precision, catching the blonde off guard and although he only really intended to possible wind him or something along those lines his sword snagged the bottom of the others loose white... or suppose to be white shirt, Hyuk noted, it had an odd dark pattern drying over it that he would rather not think about at the moment, and with the backswing meant to return his weapon to his side he ripped Donghae’s shirt clean off his chest, and Hyuk just stared wide eyed at what remained of it, swinging on the end of his sword.

“Well...”

Spending a moment gaping over what he had done, he felt ludicrous laughter bubbling up inside of him and when his eyes swooped up to linger over Donghae it was his turn to be thrown off guard, dark brown eyes round with suppressed amusement.
“They certainly don’t use you just for scrubbing the deck anymore..” He murmured, oh no Donghae’s well build body was most likely put to better use.



After the dance-like-duel Donghae was surely caught off-guard by that last move, eyes and mouth wide open for a second or two but ags of playing Pirate the sly malicious look appeared once more as he swung his sword in a carving manner in the air with a quick look down to his chest, now decorated with some nice red cuts, one actually bleeding, making a face he looked up with a raised brow

“Oh you are so making up for that” a chuckle rumbled within his chest and w
ith a long leap-like step forth he lashed out, grinning as he kept the pace calculated enough for Hyukjae to be able to duck from under it, Donghae himself jumped sideways and made it look like he was aiming for his backside

“Gimme a piece of that fine ” He sneered, backing Hyukjae into the nearby wall due to his persistent attempts to slashing meaty piece out of Hyukjae’s and since Hyukjae ran into the wall face first Donghae ended up slamming his body into him, trapping the boy there “ Well...things accelerated rather quickly I see but adjustments can be made” he grunted, thoroughly amused as he flicked the blonde hair out of eyes and with a strong hold on Hyukjae’s collar, flipped the boy over so to stand face to face

“Hi” Donghae suddenly chirped, had anyone else heard the violent rough pirate pull out a kitten like purr they might have thought he’s finally lost it but what Donghae did afterwards was crazier

He leaned in and claimed Hyukjae’s lips, translating all the yearning that had been supressed within his heart with all the tenderness forhis beloved and mumbling out “I missed you”s in between his attempt to possibly eat the man’s face.

 

Hyukjae’s fingers loosened their grip on his sword, the metallic clang it made as it fell on the hard flooring, hands unoccupied, seemingly lost amongst everything that was familiar about Donghae. “Hi-” He breathed, or at least mentally those words for something that tried to escape his lips, instead they were busy, hands finding their rightful place amongst blonde locks that were much longer than the last time he’d ran his fingers through them.
Two worlds that could never really collide, yet they had and this was right in his mind, although in many others this would be something punishable.
“Donghae-”
“Shut up.”
“Aye aye captain.”

 

 

 

 

-To be continued-

A/N Sid-elfish: Thank you subscribers and silent readers :D though we'd love some feedback ^-^