Late Chapter. Heh. Sorry(:

One Fine Spring Day

“A warm wind is blowing like it was that night. the flowers you lovingly planted have bloomed. Before i know it, spring has come again.”

-----

“Ryeowook, saranghae...” Ryeowook knew very well who this husky whisper belong to. Kim Yesung. However, this whisper took the eternal maknae by surprise. Hyung likes me too... OMIGOSH HYUNG LIKES ME TOOOOOO! Then, after a short period of internal spazzing, Ryeowook hugged Yesung. “Hyung, nado saranghae.”

 

They were a happy couple, like the others in their boyband, Super Junior.

 

They went on dates, did everything and anything, got teased by others, etc.etc. Of course, there were down times when they had a cold war. But, which couple does not have a single argument at all? The most important thing is that they still love each other and eventually made up.

 

They were perfect and living their life. But who knew that would happen.

 

Yesung. Accident. Sukira. Hospital.

 

Ryeowook processed the text just sent seconds ago. He bolted out of the recording studio of Sukira, leaving the staff dumbfounded.

 

“Yesung was just supposed to come to replace Sungmin’s absence as a DJ... Why...?” He cried.

 

~~~

 

“You are very far, so very far. To be honest, I miss you everyday. Even the small trival things make me think of you everyday.”

 

---

 

“Yesung-ah. Wake up soon, for me, for Ryeowook.. Ne, hyung?” Ryeowook sobbed softly. Knowing very well that he wouldn’t reply. His hands were clutching onto Yesung’s neither warm nor cold ones in his. He looks around and observes his surroundings properly for the first time in weeks. He notices the get-well-soon flowers in the white-washed room. His eyes fell on a heart shaped bouquet of flowers that international ELFs sent him. His surroundings were in a whirl as he found himself, in the past again, remembering their last walk in the park before this...

 

“Wookie!” Yesung called. He pointed at a peculiar leaf, staring at it inquisitively. Ryeowook squatted by his side, “Why that leaf out of all?” He asked, voice piqued with curiosity. That dork of a Yesung said, “It’s a heart!” Yesung put the heart-shaped leaf on his left chest, around the area of the heart. “My heart beats for you~ Saranghaeyo~!” He said in a sing-songy voice as they laid down on the carpet grass and stared at the clouds.

 

Out of a sudden, Ryeowook snapped back to reality. Yesung lying on a hospital bed. He was fighting for life. The sight of his gaunt body and pallid face, tubes all over his body, the monotone beeping of the machines that kept him alive... It made Ryeowook feel even worse.

 

Ryeowook bit his lower lip as another warm tear fell...

 

~~~

 

“Your comforting scent fills the room in the flowers scattered around. Because i’m afraid one day i won’t be able to feel it. I want to take hold of even the air you were in...”

 

Days passed and months flew by. Ryeowook stayed by Yesung’s side. He went back to his normal schedules with Super Junior but still heads to the hospital to talk to Yesung.

 

Ryeowook believes that Yesung is going to make it as he buried his face into Yesung’s neck, inhaling his addictive sweet scent.

 

Super Junior visited a few days later with Kibum, Zhou Mi and Henry, even Hangeng was back to see his hyung.

 

“Hyung, I’m Kibum... Wake up soon, ne? I’m waiting for you.”

“Yesung... Hyung.” Kyuhyun pronounced ‘hyung’ with difficulty. “It’s kinda quiet in the dorms without you.”

“Jongwoonie hyung... I miss you.. Wake up soon... Saranghae.”

“Hyung, wake up.. I will pray 24/7 for you. God bless”

“Hyungieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Wake up, pwease?”

“Yesung hyung, if you wake up, I swear that I won’t feed your turtles with leftovers!”

“Yesung.. Hyung.. Please.. Wake.. Up.. For.. Super.. Junior....”

“Yesung hyung, you promised to teach me the octopus dance, remember?”

“Yesung hyung.. Wake up....”

“Yesung-ah. I’m back from China just to see you. Wake up for Super Junior okay? We’re waiting.”

“Kim Yesung. You better wake up soon or I’ve wasted my time on escaping military duties!”

“Yesung, you’re special. Wake up soon. All of us miss you.”

 

“Thats right, hyung, you must wake up soon.. Henry and I are back too..”

 

Suddenly, the machines beeped furiously. Alerted nurses and doctors were in a flurry. Clearly taken aback, they chased Super Junior out of the room as Ryeowook started to bawl and the once bubbly boys started to weep and sob. They were positive that something bad had happened.

 

~~~

A doctor of the wardcame out of the ICU, holding a clipboard. He looked at the boys, some of them with bloodshot eyes. Especially one which he had seen every single day in the past few months. That particular boy had grown skinnier, and obviously weaker. He felt a sad feeling tugging on his heart as he broke the news to them. “I’m sorry, we tried our best.”

 

Yesung was gone. Gone forever...

 

----

 

“You are so far, so very far. Honestly, I miss you everyday. Even the very small, very small and trivial things make me think of you. As days become months, it seems that even in my heart too a new spring comes...”


 

As days passed into months, months then passing into years, Ryeowook realized what Yesung’s death had taught him. Cherishing life and your loved ones, and living like there was no tomorrow.

 

Today was Yewook day... 4/11... Ryeowook missed Yesung. Without Yesung, Yewook wasn’t complete. He missed his wits, the dorky things he’d do, his failed agyeo, his philtrum- habit and of course, his husky voice. And Ryeowook let himself cry freely that day, he missed Yesung too much. He stayed strong for too long... He couldn’t take it... Then he hears Yesung somewhere, “Stay strong, Ryeowook. Fighting!” These simple words encouraged Ryeowook to go on as he hastily changed and tried to cover up the fact that he was crying just a few minutes ago, he didn’t want Leeteuk to worry. “Ryeowook, fighting!” He bravely whispered before he stepped out of his room, off into a world of busy schedules...


“In 3 words I can sum up everything about life - It goes on. “ ~ Robert Frost

 

A.N. Here's the long-awaited chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed it