His Mistake

A Mistake

 

 

YOONIE’S POV

 

    Kyuhyun had always said to me that his love is for me. Only for me. His heart is beating only for me. Only for one girl in this world. Me. And I believe in him. I believe his words. I believe his confession. I believe all of those things he did to me.

 

    Those sweet words.

 

    Those beautiful gifts.

 

    Those lovely poems.

 

    Those romantic song he had been singing for me for the whole time.

 

    I believe in him.

 

    I really do.

 

    “I don’t know you.” Kyuhyun said to me. I was standing in front of him inside our favourite café in Seoul. He was chatting and laughing with his friend that day. He doesn’t know me? I’m his long 8 years girlfriend and he doesn’t know me nor does he recognize me? It’s been about 5 days now since Kyuhyun had been missing from my life. He never went to my house anymore. He never calls me anymore. He never visited our favourite places anymore. I never saw him for the past 5 days and now, for the 6th day, he’s here. In our favourite café like how we used to go everyday for a date.

 

   “But Kyu, I’m Yoonie, your girlfriend.” Kyuhyun looked like he’s disgusted by me. I don’t know why but his face tells the entire story.  “I don’t have a girlfriend. I have a fiancé so why should I have a girlfriend and cheat on her with someone like you?” My heart. It hurts. Fiancé? For 8 years, he had been with me but had a fiancé all along? I was too shocked. All of his friends kept their silence when my tears flowed down my cheeks. I’m crying. My gosh, I’m crying! For 8 years, I never cried. But this time, I cried because of that guy I used to love from the last 8 years.

 

    I can’t take it anymore so I ran as quickly as I could out from the café and not wanting to know where my destination is, I went straight but I was too late. The truck hit me before I could even hear people shout ‘stop’ to me and all went blank.

   

END OF POV

 

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

 

In memorial of Shin Yoonie – 27.12.2012 

 

    Kyuhyun looked at the gravestone carved with the name of someone he used to love. His eyes went red and tears fell from his eyes down his cheeks and it drops to the ground along with the heavy rain.

 

    “I’m so sorry Yoonie ah; I shouldn’t have done all of that. I shouldn’t have said all of that to you. I shouldn’t have left you. I shouldn’t have to pretend that I didn’t know you. I’m so sorry my love.” Kyuhyun sobbed out.

 

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

 

    It’s been 5 days since I’ve been apart from Yoonie. How much I’ve missed her. I’m sure all of my efforts on holding myself to run and went home to hug her will pay off. After all, these 5 days, I’ve been preparing to propose her an engagement ring today. I can’t wait to surprise her. I went to the café I usually went with her with a few of my friends to execute my plan. I’m sure she’ll be here in a few seconds, there she is! I hold my feelings down as I laughed along with the fake joke my friends are making.

 

   “I don’t know you,” I coldly state. I feel so bad doing this but I’m sure everything will fine afterwards. Wait for me Yoonie ah.

 

    “But Kyu, I’m Yoonie, your girlfriend.” I control myself to look disgusted.

 

    “I don’t have a girlfriend. I have a fiancé so why should I have a girlfriend and cheat on her with someone like you?” That’s going to be you Yoonie. My fiancé. After those 8 long years, you’ll be mine forever after I ran to you when you start to walk away and hug you.

 

    You’re crying and it hurts me so much but I have to hold myself. I need all of my plans to be perfect. I want you to feel special. I want you to see that I’m not an irresponsible guy that can’t do anything for you.  Your sobs were heard clearly into my ears. I have to hold it in. And the last thing I saw was you running out of the café so quickly that I couldn’t keep up with your pace and without me knowing it, you have been tossed far away by the truck and my eyes went wide.

 

    “Yoonie!” I shouted hysterically and loudly.

 

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

 

    And now where would I hide Yoonie? Where would I go without you beside me? Beside my life? Without you anywhere near me, I don’t think I can do it.

 

    I can’t live anymore.

 

    I can’t live without you Yoonie.

 

    I can’t live with this guilt.

 

    I can’t.

 

    “I’ll be with you Yoonie. Forever.”

 

    And I shoot the gun directly into my head.

 

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

 

Author's Note : Comments and opinions are appreciated ^^ !

 

It's a short one-shot story but I hope you'll like it :)

 

Thank you for reading ^^!

 

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]