One.

Obsessive Love Disorder

                                          

Misha had been staring at her phone for a while now. It’s been a month since  she was bothered by an unknown caller and it’s also been awhile since she felt like she was being watched over. In other word, she was stalked.

 

When she first received the call, she thought it was quite funny since Yongguk always liked the idea of making her frightened. She was, of course, wasn't intimidated. She played along but then the caller kept on calling, kept on sending weird love poems and cheesy messages through the text. What’s unsettling was the fact that Yongguk never admitted him being the caller. Nor did Daehyun when asked. 

 

The following calls would end up her screaming, “You’re crazy” “Leave me alone” “You need to stop” and it was always the same word, the same sentence, the same nerve wrecking situation she had to face. She knew somehow the voice seemed familiar but she couldn’t put the piece together – her fear had blinded her.

 

Often when she looked out of the window during the night, a figure seemed to wait for her under the dead streetlight. It was as if the figure looked straight through her soul even though she wasn’t sure if her sight was seeing the right thing. The figure would appear out of the blue but after awhile, it seemed the figure appear every night. It happened before the caller came into her life but she was certain, it’s the same person.

 

Misha used to love the idea of being alone. She loved the silence from the result of being all by herself. She was free to do anything she wanted with no one around to question her but now she regret having the choice to live alone. With Yongguk and Daehyun being busy all the time, it wasn’t making her feel any better.

 

“Hi, Sweetheart!”

 

She in the air, forgetting a moment that she was currently in Yongguk’s studio but then the voice, as she expected, wasn’t her boyfriend. It was, “Daehyun, Hello” her bestfriend. Daehyun’s face glowed as he eyed Yongguk who was busy writing on the other side of the studio, oblivious of his surrounding.

 

“That man is all about work, isn’t he?” Misha blankly nodded as Daehyun sat next to her, wrapping a protective arm around her shoulder. “You look upset, what’s wrong?” Instinctively, he would always know whenever she was feeling down. “He’s still calling me”, Her voice was flat, hiding her real emotion. “It’s getting worst, Dae. He knows what I’m doing and my whereabouts”

 

“Why didn’t you just change your phone number again?” Daehyun suggestively said yet there was something different in his tone. “This is the fourth time I changed it”, She answered, rather trying to not show how scared she actually was. She didn’t know how every single time she changed; the person would always find ways to contact her back. Daehyun's hands rubbed her back soothingly, trying his best to clear out her discomfort.

 

At the same time, his eyes focused intently on her. "Hey... don't worry, you know no matter what... I will protect you" To which had made Misha smiled, thankful by his presence in her life. “Do you have any idea who it might be?” Both of them fell into silences. It wasn't awkward but it was Daehyun giving her a time to think it through. 

 

She knew it well, she knew he was familiar – “No, but whoever it might be needs to stop”