Landing

Lu Han. Not Luhan.

It's happening. It's really happening.....it's happening. She thought to herself over and over as she bit her bottom lip, pushing her glasses up her nose and dragging her luggage across ICN to the international flights exit. Her palms were sweating and her hairline was beading with sweat in anticipation.

 

She was told that she will be picked up by a staff member, brought to the hotel to fix up and go straight to the concert. It was almost like an idol's schedule in a way, minus the performing part. She rolled up to the crowd of waiting family/friends/etc and found a man holding up a "Welcome to Korea Jenny!" on a hot pink board with the SM Entertainment company logo on it. She locked eyes with the man holding it up who smiled happily. She blinked. She looked like an idol himself. She gulped. His eyes were really expressive, his smile ever so charming and man was he tall.

 

"Hello Jenny!" he spoke in fluent English, jesus, holding out a hand, "I'm Im Eunsoo, and I will be your 'butler' if you would like to call me that for as long as you are staying in Korea." "Oh!" She forced to blink out of her daze.

 

"Hello! Nice to meet you!" Jenny took his hand and shook it firmly. 

 

"Shall we?" Eunsoo smiled and picked up her luggage as if they were weightless and led her to a black SUV with an SM Entertainment company logo on the corner of the passenger door.

 

Incheon was a city a lot like Guangzhou, where she came from before moving to Canada. It was big, but had a hint of rurality to it. It was soothing, driving around to the hotel. It was like sitting in a cab in the movies, the view outside something completely out of what the protagonist was used to. So Jenny looked out the window, at couples, at dogs, at the odd foreigner in a coffee shop so cute it was like a doll house.

 

She watched as Eunsoo sped across the city and into Seoul where the car moved faster, motor and bicyclists fled passed them, giving her mini heart attacks every time. Soon enough she calmed down, enjoying the scenery outside, but at the same time sleepy. She yawned and blinked her eyes before drifting into sleep.

 

"Jenny?" her cloudy consciousness heard, "Jenny....wake up, we've arrived," she opened her eyes and found herself still in the SUV. Sitting up slowly, she smiled at Eunsoo who smiled back and immediately took her luggage.

 

She followed him inside the hotel, too sleepy to pay attention to the name, but conscious enough to notice the white porcelain pillars and mirror ceilings, mimicking the gold dashed white marbles below her feet.

 

"Grande Lux Suite, SM," Eunsoo informed the pretty receptionist who bowed her head lightly at Jenny as if in recognition before handing Eunsoo the card. Jenny bowed back before following Eunsoo to the elevators.

 

"Eunsoo?" she asked tentatively, trying to fill the silence in the elevator ride, "If you don't mind me asking...What are you called exactly? What is your job title in the company?" she bit her lips in , immediately regretting, thinking that it might be a bit of an intrusive question.

 

"I work for the PR department. I am head of that department and I am also Liaison. I do a lot for the company and understand it more than anyone, so if you want to know anything, you can ask me.....but of course, it's all confidential," he looked down at her and winked. She blushed a little. He WAS sorta kinda good looking okay.

 

"Ahh...." was all she could say before the doors opened and Eunsoo once again led the way. The hall to the suite had the same dash of gold on the short trimmed white carpets and she looked behind at her trail to see if she left any dirt from her shoes. She didn't. She turned back around and smacked right on Eunsoo's back.

 

"Eungf!" she grunted and stepped back, "I am so sorry!" she apologized immediately and Eunsoo only laughed before swiping the card and letting her in first.  She stepped in and kicked her shoes off as gracefully as possible and looked at the expanse of the suite.

 

The carpets were fluffier than the ones at the hall but had that same dash of gold. The furniture were all so intricately designed, cleaned and placed. She was afraid to touch the glass table in the living room, the velvet brown couches that surrounded it and even the gold knob of her room looked like she might stain it badly if she touched it.

 

"It's not gonna eat you," Eunsoo chuckled and opened the door before going in with her luggage. Just a minute after, she found herself seeing Eunsoo off. "I will be back in four hours. The concert starts at 6:00PM and it is now," he glanced at his wrist watch, "1:00PM. Take some time to rest and get ready before the concert," he bowed lowly and smiled again before leaving.

 

She watched him walk away before swinging the door shut. Walking back to her room, she buried herself under the soft blue feather duvet and drifted fast asleep. She didn't know she was that tired.

 

"Jenny!!! Jenny!!!" someone was waking her up. An unfamiliar voice. It wasn't Eunsoo's. Her breath hitched. It wasn't Eunsoo's which alarmed her more. Was it all a dream, was she back to reality, will she have to get up and practice her piano pieces again omg she----

 

"Jenny we have to get you ready! Wake up!!" Oh. Nope. It was real. She opened her eyes to a pretty and petite lady, quite young and cheery. She smiled in relief and pulled Jenny out of the bed.

 

Jenny took the chance to look at the desk alarm clock and was a bit surprised when she found it was already 3:47PM. She slept too long. She cursed herself internally. She was then prompted to go along to the bathroom to take a long nice bath. She lazily went and took as long as she could, savoring the gentle drops of water on her tired skin, the pleasant scent of shampoo and soap that smelled like....flowers, or vanilla, or candy. Very girly and at that moment she didn't care. She'll be a total lady for EXO if she needed to. Like she had a choice anyway. If they sent people in to fix her up, she couldn't possibly have a say as to what they're going to throw at her.

 

After drying herself up well and tightening the towel around her body, she stepped out and gave a start when the whole bathroom was turned into a change room. Like in those behind the scenes where they fixed up celebrities before a show or an event of any sort. The room was even filled with four women bustling about.  She blushed then, hoping they didn't hear her horrible singing. The shower booth seemed sealed up enough. Except it was a white curtain that covered her, not a door. One of the women pulled her hurriedly to the chair I'm front of the dresser they set up.

 

"Ugh," the person behind her gushed, "I love how you have short hair, Jenny!" she said with a heavy Korean accent. Jenny then took the time to actually look at the mirror and almost burst out laughing. Her hair, cut short right above her shoulders and her bangs were all over the place.

 

"Well, glad to provide you of some convenience," Jenny said and smiled at the woman.  The woman never introduced herself nor did Jenny have time to ask because she moved hurriedly, like she had to finish in record time or she'll die.

 

Jenny watched as the woman blow dried her hair and clipped her bangs up before opening a makeup bag with a million compartments which she carefully but hurriedly applied on Jenny's bare face. After what seemed like forever, the makeup artist(she assumed by now) leaned in and put contact lenses on Jenny's eyes.

 

"I'm fine with my glasses," she said but the makeup artist heard none of it. She continued assaulting Jenny's face before finally stepping aside, after another million years. Jenny gasped at the sight of herself. It looked like her, it really did. Except her skin looked flawless, her eyes looked brighter, her nose looked taller and her lips looked fuller. It was her still, except....different. She figured this was how idols were made up. It was still them....just...a bit altered. The makeup artist smiled, satisfied at her work and stepped away.

 

Another woman came in, half of her head shaved and the other half slicked back with a streak of red and blue. Jenny assumed this was the hair stylist. She was right.  The hairstylist pulled the clip out of Jenny's hair and run her hand along the strands.

 

"Healthy. Impressive. Kids these days all color their hair and damage it like it ain't no ," the hairstylist spoke fluent English, husky and low. She took out a few clips from her bag, they all winked under the light before Jenny realized they were diamonds. She didn't know if they were real or just the design. Either way, they were pretty. The hairstylist pulled portions of hair on the right side of her head back and clipped it with those cute diamonds.

 

Jenny sat and watched patiently. By the end of it, the hairstyle reminded her of Kris' hair in the history music video. She smirked. She was then prompted, very hurriedly this time to the closet in the room. It was filled with clothes in all colors. Two women were with her this time.

 

"We will leave you to wear some undergarments. We will come in again in a minute," the lady led her to one of the many drawers, "Underwear and bras are in these series of drawers. Pick a pair and we will be right back. You have two minutes," the lady spoke with a hint of an accent. They bowed and left Jenny alone to change.

 

Jenny opened almost every single one of the drawers and was really unimpressed that all of them were lace. Were they going to throw her in a brothel? Was this all a scam? Panicking, she opened one last drawer and saw boxer and sighed in relief. She was surprised when they were all in her size. She picked a black one and picked a plain black bra which matched the . She sighed. Much better. And right on cue, the two ladies stormed back inside with a pair of jeans and a black shirt, the back a bit draped. Jenny swallowed....her back was going to show....

 

"We have three minutes, you took longer than you should have. I was hoping you would call us sooner. Hurry!" the lady that spoke to her earlier said and hurriedly kneeled down to put the jeans on Jenny's legs. Everything was so rushed and her adrenaline was pumping. She just barely buttoned on the jeans when the door to the closet opened to Eunsoo. 

 

"Sixty seconds, come on guys pick it up!" he yelled, ignoring the fact that Jenny was half . In the rush of the moment, Jenny didn't really care either. She was kind of enjoying the treatment, it's not the gentlest, but it made her feel like a celebrity with a tight schedule. She slipped on the shirt easily and rushed out.

 

"Wait!" the other lady with her in the room rushed to her and slipped on new red vans on her feet. They fit just right. She furrowed her eyebrows. How did they---she glanced at her luggage and saw the zipper a bit ajar.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

The concert was pumping hot and she was sweating. EXO was performing in front of her, given they weren't introduced yet but it was nice to watch in anonymity.

 

Suho greeted in one of the talking segments of the concert, "We are," they all raised their thumbs up before yelling together, "ONE! Hello everyone! We are EXO!" the crowd roared and Jenny stayed still.

 

She stayed still because Lu Han was looking right at her. She heard that line in What is Love where everything goes slow motion in her head and it was exactly that moment as the crowd roared and she locked eyes for the first time with Lu Han.

 

***

 

A/N: This will come in three parts ^^ Hope you guys liked this first one! Love always, authornIm.