Chapter 1

This Rollercoaster Called Life
**Misaki's POV** "Please fasten your seatbelts for the departure" *Click* Your welcome. Flipping open a pale green compact mirror, a blank expression stared back at me. Long wavy brown hair, bright blue eyes, and fair skin. I've been told countless times that I was the spitting image of my mother. For others, it's a compliment. To me, an insult. On the bright side, the once beautiful mother of mine had no longer decided to keep that long lion's mane of hers, she cut it all off a month back. So we at least have something different about us, besides our personality. All that remains is a middle aged workaholic with shoulder length waves and those piercing blue eyes of hers. Just looking at her gives me the chills...One look and you've been labeled in her book. Worthless, Pathetic, Low-Class, Middle-Class, Ugly, Unworthy. Those were the nicest terms my mother had in her vocabulary. A frown was engraved on my face as I snapped the compact mirror shut. Blowing some strands of hair out of my face, I leaned back into the chair letting out a heavy sigh. It's been nearly 10 years since I had last been toJapan. It had been my mother and I living together in France. Well, up until last year however. I had joined my idol group, Venus, then. Even so, my mother persisted in trying to keep me under her thumb. Emails and phone calls week after week, it felt exhilirating to finally be free of her grasp...For now at least. Who knows when she plans to take me back to her lair. Venus was like a savior to me. It had been my chance of escape and over time, it had grown on me. Being on stage, singing and dancing, I felt free. It's as if I was a completely different person on stage than I was off stage. The other four girls were like sisters to me now. Even so, the one closest to me would be my friend Reina. It had been nearly 10 years since I had last seen her but we've been keeping in touch til this day. It was with her help that I was able to stay in Japan. Last I remember, she was the middle child of four brothers. Two older and two younger; I have a younger brother myself. Well, step-brother. I had only seen him in pictures but since my father lives in Japan with his new family, I'll finally be able to see the adorable little thing. While zoning out in my thoughts, I hadn't realized that my manager had been trying to get my attention. He finally smacked me on the head with a rolled up magazine. "Owww!" I exclaimed while rubbing my head. Looking over at the man with straight black hair and fierce brown eyes, I frowned,"Ren! What was that for? Trying to kill me before we even arrive in Japan. Fine manager you are, killing your own little superstar." Ren snorted,"Superstar or not, we'll be lucky if you can even concentrate for a moment. I've been trying to get you for the past 10 minutes. They just announced that we'll be landing soon." At this point, I nearly bolted out of my chair. Ren, being the oh-so-wonderful manager he is, smacked me on the head with the magazine once again. "Not this minute idiot. I now your excited but chill for a minute. Got your stuff ready?" He asked. Leaning back into the chair, I sighed"Yeah yeah...Got everything ready. It's not like I can help it either, Reina's pratically my sister! And to be able to live in Japan with her instead of my mother is like a miracle!" Ren just nodded; he'd been with me long enough to know me like a book. He was like an older brother to me, Ren's stuck with me through every situation. *Ding Dong* "You may now unfasten your seatbelts. Thank you for riding with..." I tuned out the rest as I unfastened my belt and hurridly gathered my belongings. Exiting the plane, Ren hot on my heels, I made my way to the line for security checks. A couple minutes later, I began to send Reina a message when I heard someone call my name. Looking around, I saw a tall slender girl with brown shoulder length hair waving her arms frantically in my direction. Dropping my belongings, I cried out,"Reina!?", before dashing towards her. "Misaki!" laughed Reina as she nearly tackled me to the floor. Regaining my balance, I laughed with her,"Oh my gosh! It's been forever! I've missed you so much! I have so much to tell you!" Reina nodded repeatedly and exclaimed,"It's so good to see you! You don't know how crazy I was earlier! Just the thought of seeing you again made me want to burst with joy!" "Oi! Misaki! I know you're excited but try to at keep your belongings with you!" yelled Ren. He was trying to get on to me but it's no use. He knows how much I had been looking foward to it, there was already a smile forming on his face. "Well, well, well. Look at little Misaki, all grown up. I see you've finally got that C-cup. How about your long awaited boyfriend? Haha, probably not. I doubt any guy would want such a crybaby like you" chuckled a deep voice. The smile dissapeared from my face as I turned toward the sound of the voice. My mouth nearly dropped open as I stared at just about the most goregous guy I had ever seen. Brown straight hair, brown eyes, and wait...Are those muscles bulging? My heart skipped a beat at such a thought. Then another thought hit me. The only one who had made me cry on a weekly basis was... "Kou?" I asked the man. "Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Care to answer another question for the grand prize?" grinned Kou. Deciding to have some fun, I snorted,"The Kou I knew was a sweet little boy...I wonder what went wrong." Looking down at me, Kou smirked,"Want to play that way, huh? Fine...Bring it on." We bantered back and forth, while Reina and Ren had just watched over us laughing. I could already tell this was only the beginning of what was yet to come.