Chapter 1 - Final

The Accident

Tiffany and Taeyeon were both heading off to school in Tiffany’s car. Taeyeon and Tiffany live near to each other so every morning before tiffany goes to school, her car will pass taeyeon’s house and she will pick taeyeon up. Today was no exception.

Taeyeon got into Tiffany’s car with a bright smile on her face. She was grinning from ear to ear.

 “ Hey, did you take your medicine today? What’s wrong with you, Stop laughing like an idiot, you’re creeping me out!” Tiffany teased Taeyeon.

“YAH! Stop teasing me for once will you? You want to know the good news? “ taeyeon wriggled her eyebrows up and down at tiffany.

“ well, you can choose to tell me if you wan.. So what Is it!?” Tiffany’s curiousity got the better of her.

“ Okay I’ll tell you. Remember how I always try my luck by sending in tapes for audition? I got a reply today! They are inviting me to korea for training! “ taeyeon said excitedly while clasping her hands together. She showed Tiffany the letter that she printed out from her computer moments before tiffany reached her house.

“ JINJA!? OMO TAEYEON AH!! YOUR DREAM IS FINALLY COMING TRUE! WHEN YOU REACH THERE YOU GOT TO WORK HARD OKAY! DON’T FORGET ME WHEN YOU GET FAMOUS OKAY!” tiffany raised her voice slightly from the excitement while having one hand rubbing her eyes pretending to cry and another hand on the steering wheel.

Taeyeon smiled slightly and leaned back against the seat while looking out of the window , thinking in her mind , “ you’re my best friend, how could I forget about you.”

 

At school

Tiffany and taeyeon were seat mates in mathematics class and they were waiting for lesson to start when both of their good friend walked in.

“ Yah sooyoung! Jessica! Come here quick! I got something to tell you!” Tiffany shouted to the other end of the classroom where the doorway was.

Sooyoung and Jessica both turned to look at each other thinking what good news does Tiffany have to announce to them. Usually tiffany doesn’t talk so loudly in class. It has to be a very big news, both of them figured while walking towards taeyeon and tiffany.

“ Yea, What is it?” being the talkative one, sooyoung asked first.

“ Taeyeon passed her auditions and is being invited to korea!” Tiffany said to both sooyoung and Jessica who were seated behind them.

“Are you serious!? Taeyeon ah! Im so proud of you! I told you that you will succeed one day! Your voice is so mesmerizing when you sing!” sooyoung pats taeyeon head and gave her a heartwarming smile that lets you forget about your troubles when you look at her smile.

“so when is she leaving for korea? I will miss her so badly! ” Jessica thought out loudly and blushing afterwards realising that she spoke it out.

“Next week and don’t worry I will miss you guys too. I will still contact you guys when I’m there!” Taeyeon said after giggling at jessica’s reaction.

 

*RIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGG!*

After a long and tiring day at school, the school bell signalling the end of the day finally sounded. The four girls walked out of the classroom while sharing random stuffs. Sooyoung had her hand around Jessica’s shoulder and Jessica’s hand around her waist. While Taeyeon also had a her on Tiffany’s waist and Tiffany’s hand on taeyeon’s shoulder.

“ Hey taeyeon, can we go over to your house to celebrate your invitation to korea?” Sooyoung asked.

“sure! I was just about to ask you guys to come over as well.” Taeyeon responded cheerfully.

Being the shikshin, Sooyoung volunteered to buy snacks and drinks when they pass by the convenience stall later. The four of them got into Tiffany’s car and tiffany drove of heading to the direction of taeyeon’s house.

 

In tiffany’s car

Taeyeon was sitting in the front passenger seat while Sooyoung and Jessica was sitting at the back seat. Taeyeon looked out of the window while listening to the radio. Her favourite girl group snsd’s song was playing over the radio in the car. It was taeyeon’s favourite song titled complete. This song was the song that inspired Taeyeon to want to become a singer.  Taeyeon smiled to herself and opened her bagpack taking out her invitation letter and looking at it once more. Thousands of thoughts run through her mind. “ would I be able to make it into the music industry? Would I be able to fulfil my dreams and make my deceased parents proud?” Taeyeon then thought of her parent’s last words to her making her tears drop. “ Taeyeon ah, appa always know you want to be a singer. Follow your heart and fulfil your dream okay? Omma will always be with you and love you.. You make my life complete my precious daughter ”

Tiffany knew that everytime taeyeon listened to this song, she would think of her parents and starts crying silently, so Tiffany kept quiet and concentrated on her driving while sooyoung and Jessica were whispering behind about their personal stuff.

Just then, Tiffany had a bad feeling that something was going to happen but she just couldn’t grasp the situation and move out of it in time. There was a truck at the side of tiffany’s car and the driver of the truck seems like he was falling asleep behind the wheel. When tiffany realised that the truck was going to crash into her she press her horn loudly and the driver in the truck woke up startled but didn’t react fast enough. Before tiffany could swerve away, the truck hit into the side door where taeyeon was seated.

Everything happened so fast.  Tiffany felt the car turning and turning. She couldn’t control her car anymore. She reached out her hand to hold taeyeon’s hand and everyone in the car started shouting. Suddenly they felt themselves getting turned over. Tiffany’s head was throbbing so badly that she felt like she wanted to die. Jessica’s screams could be heard from the back while she was hugging sooyoung tightly. They were both stuck at the back of the car with their legs inbetween the front and back seat. They couldn’t move at all. Taeyeon’s head was bleeding and she broke her ribs due to the truck hitting the door and straight at her ribs. Blood was all over her.

After what seems like ages, Tiffany’s head was still throbbing badly and she tried to open her eyes. What she saw next send her into shock. Taeyeon was vomiting blood and blood was also coming out from her nose. Her shirt was a covered with blood. Tiffany held onto one of taeyeon’s hand while taeyeon’s other hand was holding on to the invitation letter. Sooyoung and Jessica managed to get their legs out of the seats after pulling each other’s legs out forcefully. Their legs were bleeding but there couldn’t care about it at the moment, not with both of their friends in danger at the front. They quickly climbed out of the car and pried open the front door of Tiffany, helping tiffany out.

When Tiffany came out of the car, she quickly ran to the other side of the car and pried open taeyeon’s side door, not caring whether her head was so pain that it was about to explode. Her tears were flowing endlessly seeing how taeyeon was suffering.

“TAEYEON AH! WAKE UP! YOU CAN’T SLEEP!”  Tiffany shook taeyeon gently while crying.

“ Fany ah.. Thanks for always being my friend and thanks for always being beside me no matter what. Fany ah, you make my life complete. “ Taeyeon said as she opened her eyes slightly and smiled weakly.

“ Stop saying that! You are going to be okay! Don’t leave me taeyeon ah!” Tiffany cried and cried while shouting whatever she wanted to say to taeyeon.

Sooyoung and Jessica could only kneel on the floor and hug each other while crying. It hurts them so much to not be able to help. It just hurts so much to know that taeyeon was dying. Taeyeon was just so near to fulfilling her dreams and here this accident happened to take everything away from her. Sooyoung couldn’t stand it anymore and fainted into jessica’s lap due to the pain and blood loss her leg was giving her.

At this moment, the ambulance has already been called by the truck driver. They couldn’t do anything but wait for the ambulance to arrive.

At this point, Tiffany was so desperate. So desperate to save taeyeon. So desperate to take the pain away from taeyeon.  She looked at her friend that has been together with her for ten years, and shouted, “ SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE!!! SOMEBODY! ANYBODY PLEASE! TAEYEON, STAY WITH US! PLEASE I BEG OF YOU IF THAT IS WHATEVER YOU NEED TO KEEP YOU ALIVE. PLEASE TAEYEON. PLEASE…..”

Taeyeon once again opened her eyes. Darkness threatened to take over her once and for all. She held her pain in and tried to look as happy as she can while to grab tiffany’s hand.

“ Fany ah, promise me you won’t be sad for too long when I’m gone. Even though I wont be with you anymore, I’ll always be in ur heart” taeyeon said as she brought tiffany’s hand to her heart.

“ Fany ah, I know you like to sing to and its your dream to become a singer. Go fany ah, pursue your dreams. I’m sure you will make it, and I will always support you no matter where you are. “ Taeyeon smiled at tiffany weakly and blinked her eyes that were threatening to close.

Taeyeon let out a cough and felt her broken ribs pierced through her lung. Her face was contorted due to the pain and she let out a cry. She thought to herself “ sorry appa and omma, I couldn’t fulfil my dreams. I have disappoint you but I’m coming to join you guys.” Taeyeon held the letter tightly to her heart and unconsciousness took over.  A single tear fell from her eyes and landed on tiffany’s hand. Tiffany’s heart broke into pieces. Tiffany hugged taeyeon from the side of the car while still kneeling on the floor.

“ tif.fa..ny.. thank you.. and i..love..y..ou” taeyeon whispered into tiffany’s ear before she breathed her last breath.

When the ambulance arrived, tiffany fainted into taeyeon’s arms. The paramedics announced taeyeon dead and took sooyoung, Jessica and tiffany to the hospital in an ambulance.