It'll Be Fine

You're Not Useless

 

I run to the sound of crowds chanting . Heart beating rapidly , sweats rolling down my forehead ... I push the crowds and get pass them and stood infront . I put my hands over my mouth as tears fall , running down my cheeks . Snap out of my thoughts , i push the guys away and kneel at the bleeding body lying down on the floor .
 
"Get away from him , you bastards !"
 
I shout at the group of guys , anger filled in my voice . They stop and step back , away from me . I glare at them , shooting invisible lasers as they stay frozen at their position .
 
"Go away .. Or you know what will happen to you .. And your family ."
 
I said in a deep husky voice . They shake their head as they run away . The crowds scattered away as i shake the body , now lying on my lap .
 
"Jr .. Its me ______ . Everythings is ok . Wake up . Please .. Don't scare me like this ."
 
Slowly , his eyes fluttered open . My lips curved upwards as i wipe his face full of blood . He groan in pain as i slowly touch his swollen cheeks .
 
"Does it hurt ?"
 
He remains silent and study my face . I pull him up as i grab his arms and put it around my shoulders for support . I wrap my arm around his waist and i led him to my apartment . We were silence for the whole time , only the sound of him groaning at every steps he made and his deep breathing . 
 
When we reach the doorstep of my apartment , i fish out my keys and unlock the door to it . I slowly , gently lay him down on the couch as i went in my room , searching for the first-aid kit . Found it , i run back to the living room and kneel down beside him as i get ready the medication stuff . As i was about to apply it to his cheeks he stop me and look at me in the eyes .
 
"You don't have to .. I'll be fine ."
"No you won't . Besides , i want to . Now don't move .. It might hurt a little bit ."
 
I gently place the cotton full of medication lotion onto his swollen cheeks as he shut his eyes tight , enduring the pain . I look at him . He's hurt . Which hurts me even more on the inside . 
 
This guy , infront me .. Is my only friend . Everyone in school is scared of being friends with me because of my background  .. Unlike him . He's different . From all those people out there , he confidently approach me during middle school and we became close friends then . And , i have this feelings towards him . But , i rather keep it to myself . I don't wanna be awkward with him afterwards and lose him  . His my only friend , the only one i could depend on . I have no one .
 
"Are you done ?"
 
I blink and snap out of my thoughts as i hear his voice . 
 
"Uh . Yeah .."
 
I keep away the stuff and prepare some hot drink for him . While i was preparing , a sound of footsteps alert me . I turn around and saw JR limping towards me .
 
"Jr ! What are you doing ?! Sit down !"
"No .. I wanna help ."
"Please .. I'll do it ."
"No ! I don't wanna be a weakling infront of the person i love ! I wanna protect you . Not the opposite ! "
"Jr ..."
"I love you _______ . I wanna protect you . But i'm useless . I'm a useless bas---"
"No jr ! You're not useless ! You're everything to me . I don't know if i would continue living if i weren't to meet you .. I love you too !"
".. Y-you really do ? B-but .. I thought --"
 
With that , i crush my lips onto his . This lips that i've been longing to taste . Its now mine . He responds back to the kiss as he slowly wraps his arms around my waist . I wrap mine around his neck to deepen the kiss . Suddenly , he groan and pull away . 
 
"It still hurts ."
"Omo . I forgot . Mian"
 
With that , i gently his swollen cheeks making him smile at me . We stare into each other eyes as we smile at eachother . He grab my hands and hold it tightly .
 
"I love you ."
 
My lips curve upwards , making me smile wider than before . If thats even possible . 
 
"I love you too ."