Chapter 1

I remember me.

Its a funny thing. Friendship. In a way. One minute you two can be as close as a cloud to the sky. The next minute you’ve stopped all interaction,even looking at eachother causes trouble.


Thats what it was like with Jonghyun and I. We were always so close,even as young children. And to be honest,i don’t even know what happened. I guess we drifted. People do that, i remember the feeling. Seeing him with them ‘popular’ boys. It’s not as if there was anything special about them, they were just a couple more guys, the same as all the others. I guess Jonghyun didn’t see that. Honestly, how could you just abandon your only friend? We went through so much together. He always used to be there for me, when my pet bunny died,he was at the funeral. It was so sad. Oh how i miss tiddles, But that’s besides the point. The point now is that Jonghyun had abandoned me. What was i supposed to do? I had no other friends in school. Cause well,who would want to hang around with a loser like me. Apart from a loser like him of course.

 

Nowadays i have to sit alone at lunchtimes. I can’t play games anymore because whats the fun behind one man games? I stopped having any appetite at all to be honest, the only outcome of buying food will be to have it spread all over my freshly cleaned uniform. And that would make my mom scream for sure. So i spend all that money on cards. I guess one day if Jonghyun decides to be my friend again,then we can play cards together again. Like the good old days.

 

Of course there was a chance that could happen,maybe this was just a phase. Soon enough he will knock on my door before school,begging me to walk up with him so the bigger boys won’t bother us. Or he’ll be waiting at the bus stop for me, and we’ll be able to have a laugh,like the good old days,you know?

 

Them big boys he hangs round with now are probably just assigned to take care of him or something like that. How am i certain he wanted to be there and didn’t want to be over here playing video games? That must be it. Except it’s taken him so long to get out of it. Usually he’s out of trouble in a flash. Because he thought of himself as golden boy and cried his way out. Not that i haven’t tried myself, who hasn’t?

 

It’llbe over soon i’m sure, he’s never been able to go long enough without coming over here to play video games. He used to sit up all night on them! I couldn’t catch a wink of sleep, which sort of piddled me off. I’m grumpy when it comes to sleeping. 10 hours a day for me please. Maybe that’s it. He didn’t like it when i got mad and shouted at him! Or was it his mom? She always called me a little terror, Could it be that she didn’t mean it in such a nice way? Even though i’ve never done anything wrong. I’m Choi Junhong for Tiddles’ sake. I wouldn’t think twice about killing a fly!

Okay that was a little bit of a lie,but we all tell white lies sometimes. Just don’t tell my mom or she might get mad. She raised us not to lie.That’s what she always tells my brother, he’s really bad. One time,he snook out of the bedroom window even when my mom specifically told him to stay indoors. But i’m a good boy, nothing like him.

 

So i don’t understand why no one likes me. Am i that hard to get along with? Cause from what i know i never done anything wrong. I try to get along with everyone,i do. Really! But somehow it doesn’t seem to pass through anyone’s skulls. Maybe they just don’t like me,it doesn’t necesarilly need to have a reason. Right? That happens everywhere, i know that. But why Jonghyun? I always tried my best to be so nice to him! We grew up together for Tiddles’ sake! Why can’t he see that them boys are just trouble. His mom would tell him, for sure she already has! She’ll be begging him to return back to me. His BESTIE. Because that’s what we are. Besties,and what do besties do? They wait,they forgive and they forget. No matter what it takes because only good friends can do that. Only good friends would even be bothered to want to wait for their besties if THEY ran off to hang around with the big boys. Because they never do run off! So why did Jonghyun? Did he just get bored of me or something? Maybe i need to learn how to make new friends. He’ll probably forget about me like everyone else sooner or later. There will be no difference between the lot of them.

 

But maybe i can just try a little longer. I can change to be a fun bestie. I know,i’ll make him cupcakes for next time i see him in school,he is bound to love them,he likes cupcakes. I know what he likes,trust me. I mean,who doesn’t like cupcakes? I, Choi Junhong, will be the bestest ex-bestie/soon to be bestie that anyone could have, and soon he will regret going to them stupid big smelly boys. They have competition now. And i never lose, not before, not now and not ever! Bring it on.

 

It can’t be that hard,right?

 

--------------------------

That was shorter than what it was supposed to be,but it's only the first chapter. Don't hate me Vanny ;A;
I hope you'll keep reading <3
~Haru~