Final

[Oneshot] Santa Claus jumps over the roof

 

Merry Christmas everyone :3 :3 :3

 

~~~~~~~o0o~~~~~~~

 

He hated kids. Bang Yongguk absolutely hated those annoying elves till the bottom of his heart. He had spent 5 years of his precious life living with a bunch of little evils without having a day off. They dropped by his house every time, banging on the door and yelling his name just to call him out to play with them.

 

Then how the hell the kid-hating Bang Yongguk was here, suffering from the Santa Claus’s suit, wearing an itchy fake beard and smiling at them as if they were the best things of his life? The hell he knew that. Let’s consider that he needed money for the college. That’s all.

 

His tasks on Christmas day were easy including wearing Santa Claus’s suit, roaming over the street, banging gently on the door, laughing as the Santa’s style, giving kids their gifts then going home. Too much for a day off. But he needed money. Everything had price. So he just had to deal with it.

 

He had been doing his job quite well, nothing to complain until he reached the last house he wanted to come least. Choi Junhong’s house. This kid was a nightmare. He was the most horrible nightmare Yongguk had ever had. The boy was so wild, insubordinate, ,... etc, always leading a group of others little evil bothering their neighbor everyday. And Yongguk did not know why but the kid seemed to have some kind of antipathy with him. How come? They rarely talked and saw each other’s face more than 10 seconds.

 

He stood in front of the door, hesitantly banging on it, and he could already hear the kid’s deafening voice from inside.

 

_SANTA CLAUS.

 

The door was opened and the kid immediately jumped at him, trapping him between his short legs which almost made Yongguk fell on his back. So aggressive. He rubbed the kid’s back “gently” as if he was about to crash it. Putting the boy down, he smiled uncomfortably:

_Good boy gets the good gifts. – Was a familiar greeting. Yongguk chose the smallest gift in his big packet to give it to Junhong on purpose, feeling some kind of guilt but inner satisfaction.

 

_Why is it so small? – The kid pouted cutely. – Mommy said it would be a big surprise. – His voice sounded a little disappointed. But then he suddenly smiled widely. – It’s OK. As long as you stay here tonight, that’s enough.

 

The boy suddenly snatched at Yongguk’s wrist and pulled him inside. God, he was 6 years old and was already strong like a 12-year-old kid. Yongguk pushed the small hand away, trying to keep calm:

 

_Santa Claus has a lot of work to do. Santa Claus can not stay.

 

But the kid seemed not to listen. He stubbornly pulled Yongguk inside, even snatching at the fake beard and pulling it harshly...

 

_NO. Mom said that you would stay. Mom said Daddy would stay. And Daddy ....

 

_OUCH!!!!

 

The fake bear fell from his chin, being dropped down on the floor. The kid stared at Yongguk with his eyes wide, lips trembling:

 

_You are not Daddy?

 

_OF COURSE I’M NOT. HOW THE HELL CAN I BE YOUR DADDY? I DON’T EVEN KNOW HIM AND MY CHIN HURTS LIKE HELL BECAUSE OF YOU – Yongguk could not keep himself calm so that he burst out his anger on the poor kid unintentionally, not noticing the watery swollen eyes. How could this boy’s eyes become like that? He must have been crying day by day. But why?

 

_But before mom left, she said Daddy would come to look after me and... She said it last year and this year and... – Tears ran down from the corner of Junhong’s eyes. ///Mom lied to him?///

 

Strong wave of guilt suddenly rose up in Yongguk’s stomach. He ran after the runaway boy, roaming all over the room to find him then seeing the kid curl up into a ball at the corner of the rooftop, his head laying on his knees. He yelled while sobbing:

 

_GO AWAY.

 

But the sound of foot stepping was closer to him, feeling of strange yet familiar warm hand rubbing his back gently immediately calmed him down without a reason. Then the boy found himself being lifted off the ground.

 

The elder put him in his hold protectively, settling him on to his laps, gently kissing his bang and rubbing his small back. Junhong could not do anything but grab his tiny hand firmly on the elder’s coat, letting his tears fall down unconsciously. All this kind of feelings was so fresh to a 6-year-old boy like him. But he felt safe in those arms. That was all a kid need. His sobbing got louder so that he buried his face on the elder’s chest to muffle his own cries.

 

_ Santa is here for baby boy. So please don’t cry – The elder sang into his ears.

 

The kid look up at him with his eyes wide and a bright smile bloomed on his cute small lips. He grabbed his hand around the elder’s neck and held on tightly. He was too afraid to let go, too afraid that Santa would leave him like his father had done.

 

_Promise that Santa will not leave me? – He buried his face into the firm chest.

 

_Santa promises. – Yongguk put a gentle kiss on his forehead. The strong grip on his coat soon got loosened. The baby boy started falling asleep in his safe hold.

 

Kids showed up their rebellion, bad behavior just because they wanted to draw someone’s attention, especially their parents. And Choi Junhong was just a kid after all. He was just... lonely. And he needed someone to take care of him, fulfill the emptiness in his heart.

 

And somehow, Yongguk thought he was that person.

 

 

END

 

 

 

I don't know why I named this story such a weird title >.< ////  Anyone has any better ideas >.<