I'll See You Later...

Our Blessed Christmas

 

 


 

United Kingdom

London

10.56 PM

 

Most people at this time would be resting on their bed, but this man was checking on himself in front of the tall mirror, getting ready for a special occasion. Yes, it would be always a special occasion for him. He was already in his neat white shirt and black cloth pants. Two black badges with four gold strips on were neatly attached on his shoulders. He let out a long sigh as he tried to wear his black tie. Usually when he was at home, his wife would help him to wear it. And as years passed, he never learned. He puffed his cheek as he looked at his reflection in the mirror with his undone tie.

“Hyung, are you ready? Sorry I just bought some snacks for us.”

The door opened as a young tall man entered with some snacks in his hands. He was clad in the same uniform as his. The difference was he only got three gold strips on his badges.

“Hwayong-ah...” he called the younger as he desperately waved his undone tie to him, sending code.  

The taller guy scrunched his face in knowing. “Haish.” He clicked his tongue as he walked to him, slowly pulling the tie from him in seductive way.

“Yong, don’t disgust me.” The older mumbled with glare.

Hwayong chuckled as he helped him doing the tie. “Aigoo Ham Eunjong, when will you ever learn? You’re lucky for having me though. Are you doing this to your other partners too?”

“Sadly yes.” He nonchalantly replied.

Hwayong rolled his eyes. “This is so gay.” He mumbled as he finished it off with one strong pull which choked his senior. “God, Hwayong-ah!” Eunjong coughed and smacked Hwayong who just laughed.

“Sorry, captain. I can’t help it.” He then gently brushed off Eunjong’s shoulders. “Hyung, can't we exchange badges just for this flight?” Hwayong asked wittily as he eyed Eunjong’s badges. Oh, how he wanted those badges being on his shoulders.

The older snorted. “You wish.” Eunjong said as he took his cellphone on the table. He stared at the empty screen for a moment before smiling.

 

 


 

 

South Korea

Seoul

Seoul General Hospital

VVIP Room 15

07.00 AM

 

“Captain Hyunjoong is comiiiiing! Whooozzz!”

Qri watched the little boy playing with his aircraft toy while hyperactively jumping here and there on the couch, where her mother in law was also sitting there, calmly reading a book. The boy then jumped off the couch, running around the room as he raised his toy high in the air.

“Hyunjoong-ah, stop running." She warned, but didn't get any response as he was in his own world. He ran here and there before climbing on the chair beside her, jumping to her bed and sitting beside her.

“Eomma, appa will come home tonight right right right?” he asked excitedly with his big adorable eyes opened wide to her. She smiled and gently carressed his tubby cheeks. “Yes, baby he will come home tonight.”

“Yay! Yay!” The boy cheered as he raised his toy again and quickly jumped off the bed. Qri could only gasp in shock at his sudden action as her mother in law started to yell at him again. The bed was just too high for the boy.

“Ham Hyunjoong! Aigoo, don’t jump like that! You scared us!” but again the boy just giggled and ignored them. He started running around the room again when the door opened. A doctor came in with his nurse.

“Good morning, doctor!” Hyunjoong greeted cheerfully and waved at the tall man. The doctor chuckled as he waved back. “Good morning, Captain Hyunjoong! and Good Morning, mam.” he politely bowed at the elder before going to his patient.

"Good morning, Ham Jihyun-ssi, how are you feeling?”

She weakly smiled. “Much better.”

The doctor smiled back. “Good, now we will check on your physical condition.”

“Alright.”

“Hyunjoong-ah, come here with grandma. Doctor will check on eomma.” Her mother came over to lift him up but the boy immediately fought back. “Aaa! Aaa! I wanna be with eomma!”

Qri looked at her son and let out a sigh. “Hyunjoong-ah, come here, dear.”

The boy obeyed as he quickly ran to her side and climbed on the chair again. “Hyunjoong-ah... can eomma ask for your help?”

“What is it, eomma? What is it? what is it?” the boy looked up to her then shifted to the ceiling then back to her again.

She smiled and ruffled the boy’s hair. “Please help eomma to watch over your little sister with grandma, okay?”

“A! A! Okay!” The boy briskly nodded and immediately stood up on the bed. “Grandma! let’s see little sister!” he spread his arms widely as his grandma lifted him up. “Aigoo! our Hyunjoong is getting heavier noow!” The woman said while laughing along as Qri watched them leaving the room.  

 


 

Qri was reading a magazine when her mother and son came back.

“Jihyun-ah, your husband.” She said as she handed her cellphone to her before leaving the room again with Hyunjoong.

Qri put her magazine aside and smiled as she answered the call.

“Hi...”

"This is Captain Eunjong Ham speaking, request for Mrs. Ham’s recent condition information. Thank You."   a gentle yet serious voice spoke from the other line.

The woman weakly chuckled. “Silly...”

“Verify assigned condition. Thank you.”

Qri lightly snorted then cleared and replied back with the same exact tone. “Mrs. Ham is on good condition, you’re cleared for the option. Thank you.”

“Roger, ma’am.” She heard him chuckling on the other line. “I miss you soooo much.” He whined like a baby this time.

She gently smiled. “Me too. You will be going now?”

“No, we are still at the hotel now. How are you? How is the baby?”

Qri sighed as she looked at the pink bracelet on her right wrist. “We’re all fine. Don’t worry.”

“Of course I can’t—”

“Sssh..." She quickly cut him off. "We’re all fine, Eunjong-ah. Just please come home safely, okay? Your little captain here can't stop asking about you.” 

He chuckled at the mention of their son. “I know.. I will see you tonight...”

“Have a safe flight...”

“I will. I love you... noona.” He teased and chuckled again.

The woman wrinkled her nose and chuckled. “I love you too, mommy's little boy.”

 

 


 

 

Seoul

S&Y Architecture Studio

07.00 AM

 

Lee Soonkyu involuntarily woke up and found himself was still in his office room. He lifted his head at the glaring PC monitor in front of him. Oh, he fell asleep again last night and forgot to turn it off. He sighed and turned to the other desk where his best buddy also co-worker was sleeping. He was too lazy to even move to wake him up, so he took one of the crumpled paper and threw it to him.

“Yah, Kwon Yul. Wake up, dude.” He called in slurry voice as he shut his eyes and leaned back to his chair, massaging his forehead. “Ah, so dizzy... and sleepy...” he yawned then looked back at his friend who didn’t move at all and was still calmly breathing.

“Ai...” Soonkyu clicked his tounge as he forced himself to get up from his seat. He yawned as he stretched himself. He then walked toward his friend and tapped on his shoulder. “Kwon Yuri... oi? Ash, he’s dead.. really.” Soonkyu shook his head and decided to make morning coffee for both of them.

As the blonde guy left to the kitchen, Kwon Yuri finally let out a soft groan and moved his head. He was still closing his eyes as he lifted up his head from the desk. He lazily leaned back on his seat with his mouth hanging opened. Soonkyu came in with two cups of hot coffee and snorted in amusement as he saw Yuri’s ridiculous sleeping pose. He carefully put down the tray and slapped on Yuri’s forehead.

“Wake up, kid!”

Yuri gasped as he jolted up to find his short blonde friend was grinning at him. He groaned as he stretched his arms high.

“Morning, shortie.” Yuri greeted reluctantly and yawned.

“Morning, airhead.” Soonkyu retorted back as he gave out the coffee. “How are you feeling?”

Yuri blinked and shook his head, trying to ease his sleepiness. He puffed his cheeks and let out a long sigh. “Yeah, we’re done it finally!” he said as he did high five with Soonkyu.

Soonkyu laughed. “Congratulations to us! Yah, we finally could get a real holiday, huh?”

“Huh?” Yuri frowned as he looked at Soonkyu in question. The shortie rolled his eyes. Yuri was too engrossed with their latest project for these past few weeks, until he forgot how many days they spent for just working on it.

“Man...” Soonkyu hopped on Yuri’s desk and took his calendar. It was still shown on ‘November’. He sighed and flipped the paper to the current month then placed it right in front of his friend. “Today is 24th December 2012, and tomorrow is chirstmas.”

Yuri was all silent as he stared blankly at the certain date on the calendar. Soonkyu let out a faint smile as he gave a pat on Yuri’s shoulder. “Go home, Yul. Your kids are waiting for you.”

The tall man blinked then threw his gaze away, suddenly being upset at the mention of kids. He then looked up to Soonkyu with confused look.

“Should I?”

Soonkyu just stared at his friend. He was about to answer when his cellphone suddenly rang. He took out his cellphone from his pants and smiled as he saw the blinking screen. He excitedly jumped off the desk and answered the call.

“Honey! Are you going on board now?”

“We’re still at the hotel now. Did you spend the night at office?”

Soonkyu rubbed the back of his neck. “Ah yes, did the kids just inform you?”

“They complained because you already promised to play the new video game with them.”

“Ah, God! I forgot!” Soonkyu slapped his forehead and chuckled. “I was finishing the latest project so I would be able to spend the day with you guys this christmas.”

“Aigoo, how sweet my husband is.”

“Hey, the kids keep complaining at me.” Soonkyu kept talking on the phone while Yuri could only watch his friend walking out from the room. He sighed and leaned back to his chair as he looked at the calendar again.

 

 


 

 

United Kingdom

London

11.14 PM

She placed her phone aside and checked on her reflection at the full body mirror. She carefully fixed her hair that was already tied in a tight neat bun, not to forget her make up which was done well by herself. For the last touch, she pinned her small white name tag that was written “Lee Hyomin” on the left side of her chest, under a gold illuminated aeroplane insignia. Once done, she took a step back, checking on the light blue blazer and skirt she was wearing when suddenly, her roomate bursting out from the bathroom in only bathrobe.

“Aigoo aigoo! Blazer! Blazer where is mine?” she warily opened the dresser. “Aah really! how could you wake me up late, eonni!” she whined as she took out the same pair uniform and threw it to the bed.

Hyomin sighed as she carefully checked out on her mascara. “Sorry, but I did wake you up many times, Hara-yah. Before Jaekyung called me out to help her with something.” She turned to see her junior, who was wearing her uniform in panic. She amusedly snorted.

“Hara-yah...”

“What?”

“I’m sorry. But there is no schedule change for our flight.” Hyomin bursted out laughing, feeling great after pranking on her junior, saying that their flight would be an hour earlier from the schedule. Well, she had a reason. Her junior was being an annoying sleeping beauty.

Hara immediately stopped wearing her blazer and turned to her senior with a glare. “Eonni, how could you! Eat this!” she whined, throwing series of pillow at Hyomin.

Meanwhile on the other room of the hotel. Another two women in the same uniform and same hairstyle were preparing their own stuff. The woman with light brown hair was busy stuffing her things in to her medium size luggage while the other with black hair was checking on her appearance in the mirror. She fixed her name tag which was written with "Kim Tiffany" on it. After feeling satisfied with her looks, she walked to sit on the edge of her bed and checked on her cellphone.

“It’s around 7 AM in Korea right?” she asked her roomate in fluent english.

The other woman with name tag “Kwon Jessica” turned to her friend. “Yes, it is. Gonna call your husband?” she reluctantly asked back in english as she folded her last cloth before stuffing it to her luggage.

“Yes...” Tiffany said as her fingers were fumbling over the phone. “Do you think he’s already up at this time?” she asked which caused the other snorted.

“Who is the wife now, Tiffany?” Jessica said in korean this time as she zipped up her luggage before fully turning to Tiffany. Actually, she knew ‘too early to call’ wasn’t the main reason why Tiffany was hesitant to just call her husband.

Jessica sat next to Tiffany and gently rubbed on her shoulder. “Just call him, Fany-ah.”

 


 

South Korea

Seoul

Seoul General Hospital

VVIP ROOM 4

07.14 AM

 

The VVIP room number 4 was still quiet. There was almost no sound except the breathing of two sleeping people inside. One was a girl lying on a large size bed with her neck guarded by a brace. Her head was wrapped in bandage with few scratch wounds on her  face, her left arm was injected by two lapse that were connected to two infusion bottles hanging above her. There was small white board hanging at the front edge of the bed. Two name was spotted on it. “Kim Danee” was written as the name of the patient while “Kim Taeyeon” was noted as the father’s name along with other necessary informations. Meanwhile, the father was sleeping soundly on the couch, he was still in his long beige shirt, cloth pants and loosen red tie. Apparently he went straight to the hospital after done with work late at night.

His brows slightly furrowed as he let out a low groan, feeling his cellphone vibrating on his pocket. He blinked several times and immediately took his phone out. He lazily smiled as he noticed who was calling him. He silently got up and went out from the room.

“Hey... morning, beautiful.” He greeted as he failed to hide his big yawn.

“It’s still 11.14 PM in here, handsome.” He heard his wife chuckled sweetly on the other line. He involuntary let out a smile. How he missed hearing her voice. “I’m sorry honey I just woke you up, didn’t I?”

“Ah, busted.” Taeyeon chuckled as he ruffled his dark messy hair. “Yeah, your voice totally woke me up, honey. It’s good thing though. How are you there? When will you be home? Ah, you’re going  on board now right?”

“Well, we are still getting ready now.”

“Aish, I can’t wait to see you...” he pouted and yawned again.

“Tae, I miss you too.” His wife chuckled again. “is she already awake?”

Taeyeon peeked through the creak of the door to look at the girl who was still sleeping soundly on the bed. He faintly smiled. “She’s still sleeping. You want me to wake her up?”

“Oh, no it’s... it’s okay, Tae. Let her rest... how is she?”

“She’s getting better...” Taeyeon turned to the girl once again. “And she asked about you...” he smiled and noticed her being silent for a brief moment.

“...Really?”

“Yes, honey. You don’t believe me?”

“No.. it’s just...”

“Sssh... don’t think about it too much, okay? Don’t let this distract you, please?”

“Tae, how could I?”

Taeyeon felt guilty now. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. “Tiffany, I’m sorry, dear. I just don’t want you to think too much about it. She’s alright you can trust me, okay? Now, what you have to do is going back to Korea safely. Okay? I will fetch you at the airport. Eomma would be here also, so you don’t need to worry.”

Taeyeon bit his lower lip as he could hear her sniffing a little on the other line.

“Thank you so much, honey.”

“Don’t thank me like that. We are both in this, remember? Have a safe flight, okay?”

“I will. You should take care of yourself too. Don’t forget to eat.”

“I will, dear. Don’t worry about us.”

“Good morning, sir. Breakfast for your daughter.” A nurse cluelessly interrupted their conversation. Taeyeon smiled as he quickly welcomed her to go inside, signaling he was still on phone.

“Is it already breakfast time?”

“Yeah, probably she would wake up soon.”

“Then, have breakfast first both of you, I’ll see you tonight, Okay? We’re going to check out in a couple of minutes.”

“Okay, take care, I love you.”

“I love you too, please give my kisses to her... see you later.”

”Okay honey, see you later.” He gave a sweet kissbye to the phone before she hung up the call. He let out a long sigh right when someone called him from inside.

“Daddy?”

He turned around and saw his little girl was already awake. Well, she would always be his little girl despite her age. He gently smiled and approached her.

“Good morning, my princess. You’re finally awake.” he sat on the edge of the bed as he carefully caressed her dark long hair. Danee looked up at her father by just moving her eyes, still finding it difficult to even move her neck. He softly kissed her cheek as a morning greetings like usual.

“Hungry already?”

The girl just moved her lips to a pout, signaling she was hungry. He chuckled. “Good thing because your breakfast was just arrived.”

His daughter pouted again, in distaste this time. “I won’t eat the hospital food today, dad.”

Taeyeon sighed. “Danee-yah, don’t you want to go out from this hospital sooner?”

The girl sighed in gruff. “Yes...” she mumbled.

Taeyeon then got up to take the breakfast tray and carefully placed it on her lap. “It wouldn’t taste bad. After this I promise to buy you something for lunch but—”

“But no junk food.” The girl continued his expected upcoming line as she giggled. Taeyeon chuckled as he lightly pinched her cheek. “Smart girl. No junk food, deal? Now let’s have breakfast first.”

“Daddy, you eat it first.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “Okay, okay, I will.” He then took a taste of the porridge. Like usual. It was almost tasteless and he faked it. “Hmm, it’s delicious!”

The girl giggled at his remark. “You lied, daddy.” Taeyeon just chuckled and feed her the porridge. Although both of them disliked porridge so much, they could still enjoy their breakfast like usual as they were getting used to it. It was because Danee would always nag her father to eat the porridge with her, and Taeyeon couldn’t help but obey.  

“By the way, mommy would be here tonight.” Taeyeon said as he put back the breakfast tray at the dining table.

The statement only made the girl felt uneasy at the sudden as her face instantly turned sour.  Taeyeon noticed how upset his daughter was. He sighed as he sat back beside her and gently took her hand.

“Danee-yah, would you listen to daddy for a moment?”

 

 


 

 

Seoul

08.00 AM

 

The entire house was literally quiet. A young woman, still in her blue pajama was keeping herself in the bathroom for about three minutes. She sat on the toilet bowl while fumbling over a piece of thin paper stick in between her delicate fingertips. She bit her lower lip as she nervously waited for the reaction on the tiny thing as slowly a red strip appeared. Chewing her lower lip, she immediately threw away the paper to the thrash bin beside her. She shut her eyes, letting out a long heavy sigh as she covered her face.

“It’s... negative again...” she murmured in disappoinment and inhaled deeply as she brushed her long dark hair to the back, staring blankly at the ceiling. Her last conversations with her mother and mother in law were still running in her head. Conversations which contained the same exact questions over and over again. Jiyeon sighed again, still stressing over the matter. Her thoughts were dismissed as she heard the phone ringing. She groaned and got up, walking absentmindedly to the living room and answered the call.

“Hello...”

“Eeeeey, what’s with that voice, baby?”

Jiyeon let out a soft smile as she heard her husband’s voice on the line. “Hi.. um.. nothing, I'm just... awake.” She said as she bit her lower lip, not sure what to say.

“Oh, did I just wake you up? Aigoo, I’m sorry. I forgot the time difference! Aish, stupid me.”

She chuckled. “No, you didn’t at all. Are you going on board now?”

“Yeap! That’s why I’m calling you now, Ryu Jjirong.” He sheepishly giggled. 

The woman smiled again. “Have a safe flight then... and...”

“Aaaand?”

“And... don’t set an eye on any stewardesses.” She quipped and heard him laughing.

“Haih, why should I since I  have one most perfect stewardess waiting for me at home. Besides these stewardesses are all... bland.” He muttered the last word.

She giggled as she leaned back to the wall. “Silly...” she mumbled as she turned to her side and saw a wooden selves that was filled with several potraits which were taken on their wedding day, honeymoon, and some other occasions. But something was left in all of those photos. Yes, something was left and she just realized it. 

“Jiyeon-ah?”

She immediately blinked. "Yes?”

"Baby, are you okay?"

Jiyeon sighed as she brushed a few strands of her hair away. "I'm fine..."

"Oh, okay then." She knew he didn't believe it. She knew he sensed it.

"Umm, baby?"

"Yes?"

"Have I tell you how much I love you today?”

Jiyeon rolled her eyes but still couldn’t surpress her bashful smile. “Tell me then.”

“I love you so much, Jjirongie~ today, tomorrow, and the next day, the next month, next year, the next century, in happiness, in poorness, in hell, in heaven. in---"

"Geez, Shut up, Yong!"

She heard another voice suddenly joined in. Jiyeon laughed, knowing who it was. 

“I love you too, Ryongryongie. Be a good boy and don't fight with Eun oppa.”

He sighed. "I know... haha. I'll see you tonight, honey."

"Hmm... take care."

 


 

Hwayong hung up his call with a big goofy grin, still couldn’t help himself from swooning over his wife.

“Jjirongie~ Ryongryongie~  mehrong mehrong~! Tsk, newly wed couple.” Eunjong mocked as the two were walking through the corridor of the hotel while dragging their luggages. They were already clad in their usual black suit with their pilot hat.

“Haih, just say you envy us.” Hwayong muttered as they stopped in front of the elevator and met some of the stewardesses in their blue light uniform. 

“Good evening, captain. Good evening, copilot.” They greeted the two pilots. Eunjong bowed back while Hwayong coolly smiled and waved his hand. A total opposite. Different charms. Sometimes, they wondered why these two could get along with each other. 

 


 

United Kingdom

London

Heathrow International Airport

00.30 AM

 

The stewardesses were dragging along their luggages as they casually chatted with each other while their two pilots were already ahead. They were all wearing their thick jackets as the temperature was under 0°C. As they were on their way to their aircraft, Jessica silently dragged herself out from the group as she immediately took out her cellphone to dial someone. She watched her friends leaving her alone as the beep sound tickled her patience before finally someone picked it up.

“Helloooo kwon kwyschal issh chpeaking!”

Jessica instantly chuckled as she heard a toddler’s voice answering her call.

“Hello, baby, it's mommy...” She then heard her daughter squealed.

“Mom! Mom! Eonnyiee! Yoownya eonnyie! it’s mommy!”

Jessica couldn’t hold back her wide smile as she heard the cheerful voice of her two daughters from the other line. “Hey, my sweeties.”

“Mom when will you go home?” she heard her oldest daughter asked impatiently.

“Dear, mommy is going home now.”

“Rweally mom?! Whoaw! Pwease bwe qwuick! Bwe qwuick!” the youngest demanded with her fail pronouncation.

“Krystal-ah! let eonni talk to mom!”

“Aaak eonni!”

“Hello mom!”

Jessica sighed, still couldn’t get off her smile. “Yoona-yah, stop abusing your little sister.”

“I’m not! Krystal snatched the phone away from me~” Yoona defended herself. “Mom when will you arrive? We’re baking cake with Soyeon auntie now! It’s tasty!”

Jessica chuckled again. “Really? That’s great, sweety. I’ll be home at night like I promised before. Now can you give the phone to auntie please?

“Okay! Soyeon auntieeeeee!”

“Hello, Sooyeon-ah?”

"Eonni, thanks a lot for taking care of the kids while I’m away. I’m sorry for troubling you.”

“Aigoo, It’s okay since my kids are away too now. Your kids are lovely like usual.” Soyeon chuckled.

“Thank you so much, eonni.” Jessica then saw Hyomin waving at her, signaling her to be quick. “Ah.. Eonni, I'll be going now. See you later!”

“Ah I got it, take care, Sooyeon-ah! Don’t worry about the kids and have a safe flight!”

“Thank you.” She hung up and immediately ran to Hyomin.

"What the hell did you do, we're starting." Hyomin hissed as she pulled Jessica along with her.

 


 

"Good Evening, sir. Welcome." Tiffany and Jaekyung were standing by the front door of the plane, welcoming the passengers while some were helping them with their belongings and seats.

“Good evening, sir. May I help you?” Hyomin received the ticket from an elder passenger. “Seat 23 C. Oh, Please follow me, sir.” she said as she carefully guided him to his seat.

Meanwhile Jessica was busy arranging the food boxes with others at the back cabin.

“Oh, christmas is coming. I’m coming home eomma, appa~” she heard her fellow stewardess, Han Sunhwa, singing happily while arranging the food boxes.

“You look so happy, Sunhwa-yah.”

Sunhwa glanced over Jessica and bashfully giggled. “I am! My boyfriend is coming back from Japan. I miss him sooo much. That’s why I’m excited!” she giggled again couldn’t hide her big grin.

“Ah really? Good then.” Jessica forced a smile as they resumed their work. Somehow she envied her mate.

As all the passengers were already on their seats. Tiffany went to the front cabin while Hyomin was busy counting on the passengers by a tiny counter in her hand.

Meanwhile in the cockpit. The two pilots were busy setting up the navigation and communication equipments.

“Is everything ready?” The captain asked as he checked on everything.

Hwayong was checking out everything once again before he raised his thumb. “Ready, captain.”

"Okay..." Eunjong then gave report to the air traffic controller through the radio. “Good evening, Heathrow Tower, Korean Sky twenty two zero nine, ready for startup and pushback.”

 

“Korean Sky twenty two zero nine, start up and pushback approved report ready for taxi.”

 

“Start and push approved, wilco, Korean Sky twenty two zero nine.” The captain replied then smiled. “Okay, we will push back.”

The copilot grinned. “Right away, captain.”

 


 

Some of the stewardesses were still checking on the passengers such as their seat belts and seat positions while Tiffany was watching everything from the front cabin. She then the intercom and did her speech to the whole passengers.

 

“Good Evening, ladies and gentlemen, this is Tiffany Kim speaking, and I’m your chief flight attendant. On behalf of Captain Eunjong Ham and the entire crew of this aircraft, welcome abroad Korean Sky twenty two zero nine, with non-stop service from Heathrow International Airport, United Kingdom to Incheon International Airport, South Korea.

 

Our flight time will be of 11 hours and 35 minutes. We will be flying at flight level of 33000 feet  at a ground speed of 480 miles per hour.

 

Please make sure to set your seat backs and tray tables in their full upright position. Also make sure your seat belt is correctly fastened. And we would like to inform you to turn off your cellphone and any electronic equipment. Thank you for choosing to fly with us.”

 

“Sica-yah, you okay?”

Jessica blinked from her zoning out and turned to Hyomin who was holding on her shoulder. The woman just let out a thin smile as she nodded. “I’m fine, Hyomin-ah.”

 

“Cabin Crew, please prepare for gate departure.”

 

The captain’s voice interrupted through the speaker as the doors were now completely closed. The plane was slowly moving, pushing back from its parking place. Hyomin sighed as she nudged her cousin. “Come on, it’s show time.” Hyomin sneered while Jessica just snorted. They immediately took the set of safety equipments such as safety vest and oxygen mask before going to their spots on the row of the cabin. As they were all ready, Tiffany who was still at the front cabin quickly checked back on her fellow crews before turning on the intercom again.

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen, once again welcome abroad Korean Sky twenty two zero nine. At this time, we would like to inform you to give your fullest attention to our flight attendant who is standing nearest you for our safety demonstration. Please follow along with the safety card located in the seat pocket in front of you.”

 

Eunjong let out a heavy sigh as their plane was slowly trailing on the taxiway. It was very dark outside, but a lot of lights were lighting up both sides of the way. He was relieved that tonight wasn’t snowing hard, and the runway was rather clean from the snow.

“Hyung?”

The captain turned to his copilot, who was sitting on the right side of the cockpit. “Hmm?”

Hwayong sighed. “What’s with that face? Don’t tell me you’re sleepy?.”

Eunjong snorted at the ridiculous guessing as he focused back to the front. “I’m not.”

Hwayong glanced over his senior before chuckling. “Don’t worry, hyung. We will be in Korea soon. Your homesick would be cured.” He sneered, obviously sensing what the older was feeling.

“I’m still feeling bad somehow.” Eunjong sighed as he kept his concentration to the front.

“Aih, you know that you don’t have to worry about that.”

“Well, you don’t know because you haven’t experience it, Yong. Being far away from your wife when she needs you the most. That’s just wrong to me as a husband.”

Hwayong sighed in defeat, suddenly feeling  uneasy. Eunjong was right. He hadn’t experiencing that kind of feeling. “Sorry, hyung...”

“No need to.” Eunjong smiled faintly. “By the way, how about you?”

The younger seemed stuck to answer the question as he looked out outside the window with blank stare. Eunjong felt bad at the sudden for asking such question. It was actually a bit sensitive to the newly wed couple.

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s okay. The thing is...” Hwayong paused for a moment as the image of his wife came to his mind. She was probably still stressing over it while he was away. The thought just hit him. “...we... just need to work it out... Yeah, we did less back then... probably that’s the cause. Haha!” He nervously laughed, obviously wasn't sure with his own statement.

Eunjong noticed it and just smiled as he gave a pat on Hwayong’s shoulder. “Good luck!”

Hwayong let out small laughter. “Thanks, hyung.”

The captain slowly managed the plane to stop as it was already set right on the runway. They stared at the wide road line in front of them while waiting for a confirmation to take off.

 

“Korean Sky twenty two zero nine, wind 230 degrees, 8 knots, runway 27 right, you’re cleared to take off.”

 

“Runway 27 right, cleared to take off. Korean Sky twenty two zero nine. Thank you.” Eunjong repeated and let out a long sigh as he turned to his copilot. “My ‘first officer’ Hwayong Ryu. You miss your wife, don’t you?”

Hwayong turned to him and let out a wide grin. “Sir yes sir!”

Eunjong grinned. “Aaaaare you ready to go home?”

“Suuuure, captain!”

The older laughed. “Let’s go home!”

“Here we go South Korea!”

 


 

“Cabin crew, please take your seats for take-off.”

 

The stewardesses quickly went to their seats and locked their seat belts. Hyomin turned to Jessica who was sitting beside her. She noticed that her cousin wasn’t get any better since these past few weeks. Jessica was still great at giving out the service but she couldn’t hold that smile for long. She just couldn’t. Hyomin held Sica’s hand causing the woman turned to her.

“It will be okay, Sica-yah.” Hyomin wasn’t sure herself, but she didn’t know what to say anymore besides saying useless comforting words. She just wanted to help.

Jessica on the other hand felt bad because during their non-stop flights she made Hyomin and Tiffany worrying about her. She blamed herself because they too had problems on their own.

“Thank you, Hyomin-ah.” She gave out a smile, reassuring Hyomin that she would be alright.  More likely she was reassuring herself.  “I’ll be alright. Don’t worry.”

Yeah, I’ll be alright. I will be...

The two smiled to each other as all the lights were turned off and the plane started to take off. The loud engines sound buzzed in. The two women shut their eyes, praying for the safety and all as the entire plane started shaking and gradually speeding up, running over the runway in high speed before finally leaving off the ground completely. It took minutes before the lights were slowly again. As the crews unbuckled their seat belts, a buzzing disturbing sound was suddenly heard through the speaker.

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we are going back to South Korea oh yeeeeah!”

 

Both Hyomin and Jessica spontaneously rolled their eyes while the rest of the passengers boomed the entire cabin with laughters. Apparently, the copilot did that on purpose.

Hyomin snorted and shook her head. “Ryu Hwayong, that crazy kid.”

Meanwhile Tiffany who stayed at the front cabin just chuckled at the remark of their copilot. As the plane was flying stably in the air, she noticed the "fasten seat belt" sign was already turned off.  She walked back to the intercom and started her speech again.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, the captain has turned off the Fasten Seat Belt sign, and you may now move around the cabin. However we always recommend to keep your seat belt fastened while you’re seated. You may now turn on your electronic devices such as cellphones, CD players and laptop computers...”

 


 

Yuri sighed as he looked at the ticking clock on his desk. Soonkyu was already home and here he was, still debating with himself in the office. He pressed his lips together and turned to see outside through the glass wall of the building, staring at the wide blue sky that was surrounding the city. He was wondering.

 

Where to stay tonight...?

 

 


 

To Be Continued...

 


 

AN : OMG, Thaaaaaank you for visiting and reading this spontanous Fanfic... lol

This idea popped out right when the chirstmas day was going to over but well I need to write this, I'm sorry T.T

So, after watching an Indonesian Movie titled Habibie&Ainun (lol yeeeeeah), I got a little urge to write something about marriage and it got bigger as I can't take my ears off the lyrics of the soundtrack lol

The stories are based on what I saw and felt around me (lulwut)

I know my other fanfics aren't finsihed yet but I hope I would finish this soon because I planned to make this short.

I'm sorry for my lacking in here and there, you're free to give your own review in the comment section ^^

 

FYI :

an airplane normally has two pilots.

The pilot in command, usually called 'captain' is the first person who is responsible for the 'A-Z' of the flight. Captain has four strips on his badge and sits on the left side of the cockpit. Eunjung is in this position. (OMG MY HAM BAEKGU!)

The first officer or 'copilot' sits on the right side of the cockpit and is the second person of the flight, assisting the captain. Copilot has three strips on his badge.  Hwayoung is in this position. (MY RYONGRYONGIE *spazz*)

The chief flight attendant is the leader of all the flight attendants in flight, and the most responsible for the management of the flight attendants.Tiffany is in this position (KYA KYA! MIYOUNG-AH!) Psst, this position has higher salary than the other flight attendants. XD

The Air Traffic Controller (ATC) is the person who is responsible for the flow of the air traffic. They're monitoring through radar also visually and giving information and confirmation for the aircrafts from starting up until landing. 

The conversation between ATC and Pilot in here is the simpliest form. I mean, irl they do mention the wind, knots, etc.

The Pilots and the ATCs use "callsign" to indentify each airplane. In this story, the callsign of the plane is KoreanSky 2209 which is said as Korean Sky twenty two zero nine. It must be said in each report and command. Callsign is usually the same with the flight number.

If this isn't enough. Let's ask GOOGLE! lol XD

And btw, there is no korean airlines named Korean Sky lol so that's MY AIRLINES! XD

Man, when writing this I just realised air crew job is interesting and not EASY! Damn, I'm late (I'm sorry dad T.T) lol

See you soooooooon!

 

-Hey Dhee!-