First Person POV

Fooool

FOOOOL – B1A4

Yeah~ hey playgirl
I know you everything um
Tell me true baby uh? Listen

Hey, recently it has been too weird
It’s like you found someone else
It’s not just one or two things I’m suspicious of
Talk to me for while

Hey, why did you hung up on me last night
Don’t you have time to just send me one text message
Where were you, who were you with, what were you going
Don’t miss out a single detail, tell me everything

 

September 24; 11:30 in the evening

“Er- I gotta go.” You told me over the line with a frantic voice.

“What? Wae? We just started to talk, and you know that night time is my only time to talk to you.” I reasoned, but it was true. I am an idol for a popular KPop group called B1A4. My schedules don’t agree with hers, so we can’t go out much, so we decided to call each other every night. “We haven’t even talked about our day, like before! We didn’t even reach the five minute mark!”

“Oppa-“ She sighed, as if talking to me on the phone was a burden. “It’s late. Look at the time; it’s already eleven thirty in the evening. I’m tired.”

I bit my lip, hoping to say something that would make her change her mind. I still want to talk to her, but she changed mine first.

“Fine. I’ll text you in the morning, okay? I’m sorry, jagi. Sleep well, okay?”

“Ne, you too, oppa.”

“Saranghae.”

Click. I hear nothing but the phone’s after tone. Not one “I love you too” unlike before.

I didn’t feel like sleeping yet, since I feel something fishy is going on. I decided to log in on my account in Twitter. I scrolled down to the tweets before, nothing much. Some from this artist, some selca from that artist. Nothing special was happening, so I decided to watch some videos.

Time passes when you’re having fun, right? Yes, it happened to me. I was laughing to myself when my eyes found a clock. I looked at the time. It was already one in the morning. What?! It’s already morning?! I cursed under my breath, for me being reckless with the time. We have a schedule this morning! Before I turn off my computer, I checked my twitter account again. I refreshed it, and what I saw made me think a lot. It was my girlfriend, who just updated her twitter with a “I like talking to you. :)” Did she mean me? Or was it someone else? I thought she was going to sleep? Maybe she just woke up. But no, she told me she was sleepy... But she did display weird actions during our last date...

Aish. I don’t know. I just don’t want to doubt her. I’m sure there’s a reason.

Yeah, you keep playing hard to get
It is too funny
The number that you saved under a girl’s name
Did you already forget your friend’s advice
That i’m not suited for your flirty relationships
Sometimes it’s hilarious isn’t it
If you’re not, I’m not trustin’ you

Hey, you’re awfully surprised right
The intuitions of men are scary
When did you start cheating
Tell me everything truthfully

 

September 30; 10:30 in the morning

I was waiting in the lobby of the building of where I work, and I invited her here, to take her out on a date. Sweet, huh? I know. It’s just fourteen days before our anniversary. I scanned the lobby, and found her.

“Hey, jagi!” I shouted as I waved my hands frantically above my head. She was wearing something a bit, uh, not much of it, but revealing. As her boyfriend, it is in my nature to be protective of her. Her long brown hair was in a messy, in a good way, bun with a headband. A crop top, denim shorts and high cut rubber shoes was what she was wearing. She was busy with her phone, so she probably didn’t hear me.

I ran up to her, and even greeted her with a smile. But she gave me a stare. “Yah, Jagi! Snap out of it!”

“Oh, mianhe, oppa.” She told me without any enthusiasm. She still has her phone in her hands.

“Are you that busy texting someone? It better not be a boy.” I warned her. She knows how jealous I can get, which often leads to fights.

“It’s not.” She assured me. She even gave me a sweet smile which made my heart flutter. I wish we can be like this every day.

“Are you sure?” I asked her, hoping that my doubts are wrong. Hoping that she hasn’t found another. Hoping that she wasn’t cheating.

“Of course, oppa. Don’t you trust me?” Then she gave her aegyo. She looked so cute. I pinched her cheeks lightly and playfully, and she held my hands. It was just like before. I missed it.

But with a quick action, I took the phone out of her right hand, and ran a bit away from her. As I looked towards my girlfriend, I noticed that she wasn’t running after me. Usually, when people get something from you, and you have a secret, you’d run after them, right? But she didn’t. Maybe I’m just paranoid.

“Go ahead, oppa. Search it all you want. I’m not hiding anything.” She challenged me.

I couldn’t help my curiosity, so I unlocked her phone, just to discover that her wallpaper has been changed. It wasn’t us, anymore. It was just her, looking all pretty and cute. Why would she change it? I pushed the though aside, and opened her inbox. I scrolled down and saw nothing but girl names. Maybe I am just paranoid. She wouldn’t cheat on me, right? I saw a folder, where saved messages could be stored, and opened it.

My intensive opening of her messages led me to not pay attention to my own girlfriend, who was sneaking up on me.

“So, believe me now?” She asked while looking at me.

I hesitated for a bit.

“Oppa, you do believe me, right?” She questioned me again, but this time with a much firmer voice.

“Ne.” I gulped. She got her phone back by snatching it away from my unmoving hands.

“Let’s go?” Right. I need to focus. We’re going out on a date.

But the messages I found in her SARANG folder in her messages disturbed me. I thought it was all from me, but no, it was from a girl, one of those from her inboxes. My gut feeling told me it was from a guy, as the messages were impossible to be sent by another girl.

“I love you very much. I’ll call again later.” Date, September 24; Time, eleven-o-five in the evening.

“Why is your phone busy? Are you talking to him again? Why can’t he leave you already? You have me, anyway, so don’t worry about being alone, okay?” Date, September 24; Time, eleven-ten in the evening.

 “Saw your tweet. It’s about me, right? I had fun talking to you, too.” Date, September 25, two-o’clock in the morning.

“Happy 100 days, babe :)” Date, September 30; Time, seven am.

She is cheating on me.

I told you to not treat me well
I told you I was going to be a bad guy

Don’t tell me you’re sorry
Don’t put on a sad expression, like an idiot. I was the only one who didn’t know

Like drama, like movie
Is that it? Hey listen baby
Stop pretending you don’t know
Don’t you know when you look into my eyes? No?
That brazen and shameless
Behaviour was all to put me down, right
I hear it but I don’t show it
Cut me some slack hey

 

September 30; 10: 41 am

I had catch up to her, and not knowingly, I held her left wrist with my right hand. She was about to go out the door, but I didn’t let her.

“Oppa, what is it? I thought we’re going on a date?”

“Let’s...” I don’t want to say it. Don’t make me say it. Deny it. “Are you...”

She looked at me with eager eyes, wanting to know what I would say.

I mustered up all my courage and said what I had to. “Are you cheating on me?”

“No, of course not! You’re getting paranoid, oppa.” She replied to me casually, as if she didn’t do anything wrong.

“Stop calling me that!” I fiercely told her. “I know all about it.”

“What do you know, oppa?” She asked as she had tears in her eyes, which stared deeply into mine. “There’s nothing to know! I’m not cheating!”

“Stop lying!” I squeezed my hand tighter onto her wrist.

I know all about it
You should stop changing the topic
You shouldn’t lie to me anymore
You’re bad, I’m not fool baby
You’re bad, I’m not fool baby

I know all about it
I’m just trying to be indifferent
Don’t try to avoid my eyes
You’re bad, I’m not fool baby
You’re bad, I’m not fool baby

September 30; 10:45

“You’re hurting me! Let go!” She slung her arm, wanting to take mine of hers, which was effective. “I don’t know what’s wrong with you, oppa! Maybe, maybe you’re just tired. All your promotions and shows, I know it’s tiring.”

“Stop changing the subject!” I shouted at her. “I know everything! Your action speaks louder than words! Hanging up, busy texting, even lying!”

She didn’t say anything; she just bowed her head down. My eyes were tearing up now. Right, laugh at me all you want, but I don’t care. I’m hurt, not my body, but my heart.

“It’s your one hundred day today, so just go to him. We’re through.” I said coldly to her. She looked at me one last time, and just smiled coldly, as she went out of the building. I couldn’t hold back my tears, but I need to, at least, until I get back to the room.

My mind was still on her as I waited for the elevator. Her face when I told her that we should... Ugh, saying the word hurts me so much, but when I told her that we should break up, it was like she was relieved that I was the one who did it. Make me the bad guy, sure.

I stepped in the elevator and sighed loudly. No one else was inside, lucky for me. I let my tears drop, but I have also decided. Once this elevator stops at our floor, I’m not going to be me anymore. Well, I’ll still be me, but I’ll have a different personality towards girls.

She made me into this. She’s bad. I’m not gonna be a fool anymore.


A/N: Once again, comments and constructive criticism are accepted. I'm williing to learn. :)